PDA

View Full Version : AI car for rent at VIR race

b_tone
09-10-2003, 07:51 PM
There is a possibility that my AI/X #33 Mustang Cobra can be rented for the VIR event. The car will be in AI trim for this event due to an experimental 2 piece crank I tried to run earlier this year with limited success.

I will provide transport to and from the event, tires are negotiable, bring your own or use mine and consumables are included. Hell, I will even cook your food all weekend long.

For details you can reach me at btone@ford.com or at 313-283-6498.

Thanks.

Brian

b_tone
09-11-2003, 04:54 PM
....There is no future in cosmetic sales.....

making people pretty gives me a warm fuzzy feeling

And I was going to help you sort your car at Gingerman....ha!

Black Horse
09-12-2003, 12:24 PM
Thanks Brian......

By the way, put me down for some of that foundation and a case of the hair dye.

rshelbygt
09-12-2003, 03:35 PM
Where did the other replies go???

Anyone???..........

justagt
09-12-2003, 03:40 PM
Good question, Jason.

Let me say that I don't think it is right the other replies were taken off. There was nothing said in them the was offensive, obscene, or out of line

b_tone
09-12-2003, 03:46 PM
It was deemed inappropriate by the powers that be so they removed it.

Signing off for the last time....it's been fun but it has to end as some point.

Brian P. Tone

When it's all said and done
I raise my beer and I swear
God it's been fun!

johnbasf
09-12-2003, 04:09 PM
Chill people. :D :D I have e-mailed the parties to explain.

justagt
09-12-2003, 04:12 PM
Sadly, this is not the first time this has happened and we have lost good people over it. Not saying BT is good people!! ;)

2KWhiteSnake
09-12-2003, 04:40 PM
Jason,
I sent you an email yesterday. Wake up!

:thumbsup:

Craig

rshelbygt
09-12-2003, 04:51 PM
Looks like the emails were sent to my home account. Can't wait to get home to get the scoop.

Geez....isn't Nascar the series that is supposed to be known for drama;)

Have a great weekend, all!:thumbsup:

Black Horse
09-12-2003, 04:56 PM
Should I report to the big red truck?

SIUNARA
09-13-2003, 09:41 PM
I'm now reminded of why I'm selling my car and getting into other forms of motorsports!! I won't be checking in here too much anymore...or any other board affiliated with AI for that matter. That will probably come as good news to some...not so good news to others. The drama has gotten to be too much...it's not fun posting anymore...so I'm bowing out for now. SIUNARA :cool:

COBRA #17
09-14-2003, 05:27 PM
OK guys lets see where do I start???

I will try to explain what has happened and why.

We all ( drivers & a selected other few) were warned earlier in the year about posting on the net negitively! I don't think all of you realize how hard Dan and myself ( mainly Dan )are working to get this VIR thing working!!! If you all knew how much time and how much of his OWN money he has put into this you would be amazed !!! Coments like Tones of someone cheating are Uneeded and Inapropriate! He is out BUSTING HIS ASS trying to get prize money and money to get the race aired and comments like those that were on the net are damaging!!! If a sponsor surfs by and reads them just by chance , well what do you think goes through his head!!! Also what about new racers just joining the AI ranks or considering joining. Those kind of comments create a bad image.
I too have made my share of bad comments and don't clame to be perfect. We all need to REALLY think of the series and it's future before we post negatively!!!:thumbsup: Take it up privately of the public posting boards! ( PLEASE ! )

So in a nut shell I think we all realized what was said was out of line and did the series NO GOOD !!! Some of the other posts were removed most likely because they made no sense after the other post was removed. I appoligize to anyone if they were mad after having there post pulled!:thumbsup:

Mr Page good luck in your ventures I wish you the best!:thumbsup:

AI EAST Asst Director
COBRA #17 HOOV

mwilson7
09-14-2003, 07:48 PM
Originally posted by COBRA #17

I too have made my share of bad comments and don't clame to be perfect.

That has got to be one of my all time favorite lines!!!

P.S. I hope that this post won't be looked at as a negative comment towards AI.

P.S.S. Please name ANY sport where NOBODY cheats.......

johnbasf
09-14-2003, 07:58 PM
Mark, how did the weekend go???

HistoricMustang
09-14-2003, 08:20 PM
Cheating is part of motorsports. Been going on for decades........

I still remember the first case I ever heard where the old NASCAR guys put rocks in their front springs to get the car through tech, then in turn 1 of the very first lap the rocks fell out. I thought it was neat.

The difference between then and now. They kept it under their hat...............now we want to put cheating on the internet.

I sometimes lay awake at night trying to figure out ways to get my old early model to go faster whether it be within or outside the rules. That is part of the fun...............I just keep it to myself and sometimes smile when I get to the track.

Kind of like taking a cookie when no one else is looking.

Do it, but keep it to yourselves.

Henry
AIX #97
www.historicmustang.com

COBRA #17
09-14-2003, 08:34 PM
I see where your coming from. I do know of sports where the people have respect for thier fellow competitors and even more for the " HIGHER UPS " All we are asking is to SIMPLY keep the negitivity OFF the net!!! It doesn't do anyone any good!!

We have a good thing going here so lets WORK TOGETHER and make it even better!!! You can't allways make everybody happy we realize that. We are new to this and we are learning just give us a little repect, and keep the series in mind !!:thumbsup:

It is people like Henry and Hinkle that have been racing for years that have invaluable knowledge we are lucky to have along with us!!! THANKS GUYS !!!!!

HOOV

wildhorsesracin
09-14-2003, 09:03 PM
I always admire someone who has found a way to do something better than I do - whether is racing, running a business, writing software, celebrating ( eh henry! :thumbsup: :) :) ) and if that involves cheating... well then - so be it!

But the real issue isn't cheaters, the real issue is:
:eek: crybabies :eek:
those people who cry 'foul' everytime they can't believe that someone can drive better than them...

Maybe I should claim that everyone in AI that finishes ahead of me is cheating? - especially because I have more HP therefore I should be ahead of them...

What good would that do? I have more respect for AI, the effort we all put into it, especially Dan Schlickenmeyer!! (trust me, I wouldn't put up with 1/2 the BS that Dan has to deal with...!)

Lastly, I truly respect ALL of the drivers that finish ahead of me - there is some definite talent out there - so face it - we aren't all named schumacher... :)

So... although it is easy to cry 'cheater' - the key part of that phrase is - 'cry' - and that is something I haven't heard since my children where 'babies'

Please, at the risk of being cliche - "if you can't run with the big dogs - stay on the porch!"

'nuff said! Let's go racing - and celebrating! :thumbsup:

justagt
09-15-2003, 09:27 AM
Very good points, Hoov, and an excellent couple of posts by you. Very Assistant Director like, if I do say so myself. Although I don't agree with takng down posts, I do think this post was useless was going nowhere fast after about the second post. Some comments are just uncool and not needed.

As far as the work you and Dan are doing, I think I speak for all of us when I say thanks!! BUT, let us know what we can do. There are some of us that would be more than happy to pull our weight and guve you guys a hand. I think we all want this to grow.

sermon over.

Dean95CobraR
09-15-2003, 01:00 PM
Originally posted by COBRA #17
I see where your coming from. I do know of sports where the people have respect for thier fellow competitors and even more for the " HIGHER UPS " All we are asking is to SIMPLY keep the negitivity OFF the net!!! It doesn't do anyone any good!!

We have a good thing going here so lets WORK TOGETHER and make it even better!!! You can't allways make everybody happy we realize that. We are new to this and we are learning just give us a little repect, and keep the series in mind !!:thumbsup:

It is people like Henry and Hinkle that have been racing for years that have invaluable knowledge we are lucky to have along with us!!! THANKS GUYS !!!!!

HOOV

I just have one question. Do you get somekind of monetary kickback for every exclamation point you use in a post?;) :D :rotf:

!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
I thought I would try it so I can buy a new engine. :bounce:

COBRA #17
09-15-2003, 06:33 PM
No Dean I just have a very twitchy left pinky!!! Darn there it goes again! There I think I have it under control.
:thumbsup: :rotf: :thumbsup:

See you at VIR??? Hopefully!

Will, As for helping us we are going to start spreading the load because our time is short. You and some other key players are going to have to carry the load and keep things moving! Hopefully in a good direction. Right now the main thing we need is a series sponsor so we can have an operating budget. For example the add in Grassroots costs $500 a month (believe it or not) any way that is just the tip of the iceburg!
THANKS

AI EAST Asst Director
COBRA #17

b_tone
09-17-2003, 10:19 AM
Please hold....

BT

wildhorsesracin
09-17-2003, 03:51 PM
b_tone said:

Please hold...

Sorry, for most of us herein the VA-NC area today, our thoughts are:

PLEASE HOLD ON!!!!!!!

http://www.wildhorsesracing.com/images/isabel.jpg

HistoricMustang
09-17-2003, 06:41 PM
Yep, it looks like a lite load going to CMP. For those putting family and home first I admire you.

This thing call "racing" is fun but lets keep it maybe fourth or fifth on the list and at our level "keep it simple" and keep the internal disputes to ourselves.

I missed the Beaver Run event because my son was graduating from Valdosta State University. Had I raced, chances are very good I would be third in the points.

Do I regret it...................NOT ONE BIT!

You guys in Virginia and NC "hunker down" and take care of the family.

My thoughts will be with you and your family while at CMP.

Henry
AIX #97
www.historicmustang.com

COBRA #17
09-17-2003, 08:42 PM
I am keeping a VERY CLOSE eye on things. This thing could make my trip down fri and tommarrow very interesting!!!

Anyway it may cost me the championship but I will live to race again!!!:thumbsup:

The storm is predicted to get very close to my area, within 30 to 100 miles. So we'll see. I was hoping Chris would step up and cancel the event with regards to travel problems for evryone up this way. Dan is realy in the middle of it and may not make it either. SO AI will be up to you guys I guess. Even if it doesn't hit here travel may be rough and dangerous or even impossible.

AI EAST Asst Director
COBRA #17

HistoricMustang
09-17-2003, 09:12 PM
Hoov, even if no one shows up, I will carry the AI/AIX banner and who knows, if she makes it maybe a big KISS from Bobbie and finally a trophy for me and the old lady.

Take care of the family................every thing else will work out.

Tell Amy to keep the cookies warm and if you and Dan do not make it, will see you at VIR for the BIG SHOW!

Get some rest, you may need it over the next few days.

Good Luck and God's Speed.

Henry
AIX #97
www.historicmustang.com

wildhorsesracin
09-18-2003, 08:29 AM
By all means, stay safe, no 'points battle' is worth being blown away by a hurricane...

Unfortunately the track charges for the weekend whether anyone shows up or not :( :( :( So it is out of Chris's hands, if the hurricane isn't at the track - 'the show must go on...'

even the track management is feeling the lack of attendance this weekend - turn 1 is having a track day on friday and I was supposed to instruct - but I was informed yesterday that they didn't need me anymore - as most of their students have cancelled. :(

svt_coupe
09-18-2003, 01:11 PM
Hoover you better make it down here. I want a battle to the end, buddy.

Well... NASA is hurting HUGELY for instructors this weekend. We've had cancelations because of this storm. I don't understand - some people think their homes and family are more important than a weekend at the track?!?!? What's up with that?!??!! (kidding)

wreckm
09-18-2003, 03:10 PM
It is raining and blowing like a bit--! They are calling for 5 to 7 inches of rain and 50 mph wind up here in the mountains! If Hoovy dont come I cant blame him in the least! My wife is kicking me out for the weekend ( not permanent this time) so maybe someone else may need help! So Shugg what is the new look? Hopefully not the cord driving suit yet, it is still to warm, wait for SP. Hopefully I will see ya'll this weekend.