PDA

View Full Version : Final count down for CMP.

HistoricMustang
09-12-2003, 07:10 PM
Who is and who ain't.

I is.

Henry

johnbasf
09-12-2003, 08:51 PM
I'm there.:thumbsup:

2KWhiteSnake
09-12-2003, 09:38 PM
Do those in the cheering section count?

:thumbsup:

Craig

wildhorsesracin
09-14-2003, 08:17 PM
I have new shorty headers - and I welded in a new exhaust - all I have left is to put the rest of the car back together...

so.... as of now, it's a definite maybe :eek: :eek:

BOC- Beau
09-15-2003, 08:40 AM
I'm in. Watch out John, I have lost a little weight since Lowe's(the car, not me personally). I still have to change my water pump, but that is no problem. I can't wait.

wildhorsesracin
09-15-2003, 08:49 AM
Well... when I was inspecting things under the car to make sure everything was fine I noticed a crack in my bellhousing - from the hole where the yoke goes thru to the front of the bellhousing - so it looks like I have to R&R my drivetrain...

not looking good for this weekend...:( :(

johnbasf
09-17-2003, 09:09 PM
So are we on or what?? I really hate to see guys trying to make the trip during Isabel. Like the post in the other thread said, put your safety first!!! Maybe NASA will take a hard look at this one.

johnbasf
09-17-2003, 10:26 PM
A little different look. Thanks to Thomas B. For the idea.

2KWhiteSnake
09-17-2003, 10:43 PM
Originally posted by johnbasf

Sweet!!! Permanent brake dust! No cleaning required.

:thumbsup:

Craig

John, we're trying to figure out dinner on Saturday night, etc. I'll give you a ring tomorrow after work. Might fire up a movie or 2 on the widescreen too if you're bored.

wildhorsesracin
09-18-2003, 08:17 AM
Bellhousing's in, transmission's in - will put the rest back together tonight (hopefully!) -

I found out some interesting things:

(1) My belhousing cracked right near the opening for the clutch yoke - well.... the bellhousing I yanked out of a parts car had been welded in the EXACT SAME SPOT!! - so if you are running a stock bellhousing I would check it... :thumbsup:

(2) My clutch cable is a heavy duty one that is adjustable, the coating was melted off by the long tube headers - but luckily the dipstick tube has been leaking and lubricating it! :eek:

(3) If you have an aftermarket K-member and you decide to move your engine back 1" then it is tremendously easier to install the upper bellhousing bolts BEFORE you move the engine back...(you can't get in there to start them!!!)

plus - I just have to fabricate a 'catch can' arrangement - it was pointed out to me at Lowes that I would need them for VIR... :thumbsup: :thumbsup:

wildhorsesracin
09-18-2003, 08:20 AM
Nice wheels john! :thumbsup: :thumbsup:

I was thinking about doing something similar - but bark blue - especially for weekends at CMP?!?! :rotf: :rotf: :rotf:

justagt
09-18-2003, 08:23 AM
John, that is sharp.

Jim, what are you talking about for a 'catch can'?

wildhorsesracin
09-18-2003, 08:33 AM
I was told that you cannot run 'breathers' on the valve covers, they must be piped to an oil 'catch can' - actually after looking at the underside of my car all week I am thinking it might be a good idea - my breathers might have been leaking for a while... :( :( :eek:

wildhorsesracin
09-18-2003, 08:34 AM
...but bark blue...

What ws I thinking - Dark Blue - not bark blue!! What kind of tree does blue bark come from?!?!?! :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf:

svt_coupe
09-18-2003, 01:16 PM
Originally posted by johnbasf

John - wicked looking wheels. I thought about going black with my wheels too, but after Griggs showed up with black wheels, I didn't want to look like a follower. You follower, you. (kidding - they look awesome dude)

I'll be sporting a new look too. Details to follow...

HistoricMustang
09-18-2003, 06:27 PM
Wild Man, you sure do want a catch can set up. I have seen everything from a Crisco can to a Clorox bottle.

If the motor ever goes that stuff coming out up top needs to go somewhere.

Check out my set up at CMP, it is a catch can with "breathers"....the best of both worlds and am sure you can do it at home.

I paid $$$$$$ for mine, but that was back when I was stupid, and you are much more skilled than me. (I am still stupid)

AND, as I always say, "If you aint fast, you got to look good".

If you look good and you are fast, the women will love you and the guys will dislike your every move.

Henry
AIX #97
www.historicmustang.com

wreckm
09-19-2003, 10:44 AM
Well I am still here. I have no more driveways though! MAJOR FLOODING! See yall at VIR!

HistoricMustang
09-19-2003, 01:31 PM
It looks like you still have power. That is good.

Henry

rshelbygt
09-19-2003, 01:37 PM
Originally posted by wreckm
Well I am still here. I have no more driveways though! MAJOR FLOODING! See yall at VIR!

Hop in the rig w/Hoover and get your butt down here! I'm not driving this weekend...so I can finally join you in some adult beverages!

2KWhiteSnake
09-19-2003, 01:44 PM
Originally posted by rshelbygt
Hop in the rig w/Hoover and get your butt down here! I'm not driving this weekend...so I can finally join you in some adult beverages!

Nice job checking your emails Jason!

Craig:thumbsup:

rshelbygt
09-19-2003, 03:01 PM
Originally posted by 2KWhiteSnake
Nice job checking your emails Jason!

Craig:thumbsup:

Check your PM :)

2KWhiteSnake
09-19-2003, 03:11 PM
Originally posted by rshelbygt
Check your PM :)