PDA

View Full Version : steeda triax

'96LaserRed
09-18-2003, 05:22 PM
hey guys just installed the tiax shifter, and I must say that I should have done this earlier. this is a great piece and would recomend anyone who is still using their factory shifter to consider upgrading. shifts are dead on and you can get through the gears lightning fast.:thumbsup:

redsnake99
09-18-2003, 08:04 PM
What he said!
:thumbsup:

BOOMER23
09-19-2003, 01:50 AM
Ive been kinda curious as to what the install fee would be for an aftermarket shifter. Just kinda curious to find out what you guys paid for this to be done, Im still trying to get an idea for what my best bet is on my first serious but cost effective mod should be.

Ashton

itsrlong
09-19-2003, 02:03 AM
Just wondering, but doesn't your Triax make a lot of noise? On my '99 with Triax it is very noisy, but on my '01 with T-56 and Pro 5.0, it is smooth and quit. You wouldn't even know it wasn't factory...

2KWhiteSnake
09-19-2003, 11:49 AM
Originally posted by BOOMER23
Ive been kinda curious as to what the install fee would be for an aftermarket shifter. Just kinda curious to find out what you guys paid for this to be done, Im still trying to get an idea for what my best bet is on my first serious but cost effective mod should be.

Ashton
Boomer,
If you can change your oil, you can change out the shifter in 20-25 minutes. I don't know much about cars, but the shifter comes with detailed instructions. It's very straightforward. It's just a couple of bolts and you're good to go.

Craig

Lumpydogs
09-19-2003, 12:33 PM
Boomer,

The install on the after market shifter is cake, really. There
is a slight increase in trans noise with the aftermarket shifter
but nothing to worry about. A low radio or after market mufflers
and you can't hear it. I still love my Tri-Ax.

Regarding the install, I still have my Steeda Tri-Ax detailed
installation instructions. I can scan them to a file and email them
to you for review, if it helps?

As for what shifter you get is personnal choice. They are all simple to install. :thumbsup:

flynfink
09-19-2003, 04:08 PM
I'll do it for a beer....

I did mine in about an hour, my son's 94' in about 20 minutes...

'96LaserRed
09-19-2003, 06:17 PM
oh yeah mine is quite a bit more noisy than before. but the install was a breeze

tnturbo
09-19-2003, 08:24 PM
If you want it quieter, give the MGW adjustable handle a try. It makes it easier to get too and if you use the bushings it comes with a LOT quieter.

redsnake99
09-20-2003, 01:37 AM
Come to a club event and have your Steeda Tri-ax installed by a club member. That's what I did, John Pearson installed mine on my 99 at a Food Lion Autofair at Lowe's Motor Speedway. Yes, that shifter was a bit noisy on the stock transmission. Solution, replace the transmisison with a 6-speed T-56.....the Tri-ax on that one doesn't make a sound.

:thumbsup:

Lumpydogs
09-26-2003, 12:00 PM
Boomer,

I sent over those instructions to your AOL address. Hope you got them. Sorry about the delay. Ran Gingerman Raceway over the
weekend then got real busy. If you have any further questions, just ask.

Also have info on all my mods. If anyone would like to review the documents or instructions, let me know.

Steeda Pullies, Tri-Ax Shifter, Billet Pedals, K&N FIPK, Magnaflow Mufflers, Pro-M 80mm Mass Air, FRPP 4.10 Gear, Eibach Lowering Springs, Dallas Mustang Speed Cal.

Best Regards,

toadman
10-02-2003, 04:41 PM
You can cut down on tranny noise and vibration by slipping the OEM rubber boot from the stock shifter over the Triax. Makes a difference.