PDA

View Full Version : Open Track event in Fort Worth - Dec. 6-7th

Andy M
09-26-2003, 10:49 PM
ok, you newbie track junkies... Joe Johnson, myself and Jason Morman (another R owner from Clear Lake) will be going to Motorsport Ranch in Cresson TX (about 20 miles south of Fort Worth) for a Drivers Edge track event the weekend of Dec. 6-7th...

here is the web site for information...

http://www.thedriversedge.net/index.html

This will certainly be my last track event for the year... and what a year it has been... I have done at least 2000 track miles on the R in the past 12 months!!!!!:eek: :bounce: :bounce: and I sure had some fun in the process!!

Anyway, we would love to see some of you join us??... let me know if any of you are interested?... I would probably be taking the day off on Friday and head out some time around noon.. to get out to the track around 4-5pm or so to unload.. we usually stay at a local hotel (Motel 6) nearby... its new, cheap and clean!

let me know???

MSR is a very fun track... alot smaller than TWS and it is very technical and challenging.. not as fast, but more fun in my opinion.. only about 120 on the fastest straight.

Carl G
09-26-2003, 10:54 PM
I would go in a heart beat but I doubt that I will have my probrems resolved by then. I will be ready by spring. Wished I was going. TWS was so great..:thumbsup:

Firme
09-26-2003, 11:43 PM
Andy, I have seen a few video of MSR and the track looks like its a blast. I am definitely interested in going pending financial situation. :thumbsup:

Levi
09-29-2003, 02:16 PM
Originally posted by Firme
Andy, I have seen a few video of MSR and the track looks like its a blast. I am definitely interested in going pending financial situation. :thumbsup:

Me too...:thumbsup:

03 cobra toy
09-29-2003, 04:59 PM
:thumbsup: Looks good to me.....

Andy M
09-30-2003, 08:32 AM
Cool!!!!

glad to hear some of you guys plan on coming!! MSR is a VERY fun and technical track!! you will love it!!!

I will keep you posted on our plans for going out there as well as post directions to get to the track.

a quick note.. if you REALLY plan on attending, you'd better register SOON as these events fill up FAST!!!!:eek:

Levi
09-30-2003, 12:21 PM
Originally posted by Andy M
Cool!!!!

glad to hear some of you guys plan on coming!! MSR is a VERY fun and technical track!! you will love it!!!

I will keep you posted on our plans for going out there as well as post directions to get to the track.

a quick note.. if you REALLY plan on attending, you'd better register SOON as these events fill up FAST!!!!:eek:

Sent in my Registration,,,,,,,,,,,I am ready to rock and roll. :thumbsup:

Andy M
09-30-2003, 07:23 PM
just sent mine in as well... any more takers out there?? looks like it will be myself, Joe Johnson and Jason Morman with R's and maybe Larry Frank if he decides to come? would be nice to have some additional SCMC members attend as well.

03 cobra toy
10-01-2003, 01:43 PM
Cool!!!!

REGISTRATION DONE !! :bounce:

Firme
10-01-2003, 02:40 PM
ANDY, is this a mandatory 2 day event? or can sign up for just one day? Its looking like I can only go there Sunday....

Andy M
10-01-2003, 08:26 PM
Originally posted by Firme
ANDY, is this a mandatory 2 day event? or can sign up for just one day? Its looking like I can only go there Sunday.... Edmond,

While they are typically not very receptive to folks registering for just one day?, it could not hurt to ask?? I will email you with the address for Rick, the guy who runs this show... you can just ask him directly. check your mail...

03 cobra toy
10-06-2003, 04:25 PM
Andy...How is this OT event on brakes??? Do we need to get rooms reserved ?

:eek: Larry are you going???? Bring the 00R...I'm sure the 03 will be ready ;)

Andy M
10-07-2003, 08:06 AM
Originally posted by 01 cobra toy
Andy...How is this OT event on brakes??? Do we need to get rooms reserved ?

:eek: Larry are you going???? Bring the 00R...I'm sure the 03 will be ready ;) I will get the hotel information today from Joe. It is a Motel 6 in Benbrook.. the only one there, so it should not be difficult to locate in the directory.

Brakes?? well, I suppose that depends on how hard you plan on beating on them? if you plan to drive at 8/10ths or better? then, plan on wearing down about 30-50% of your pad life?.. it really depends on which pads you will be running? I usually wear about 20% or so off my PF01's during a weekend event, depending on the track?

Since MSR is not as large as TWS, you won't be going as fast when you enter the turns, and therefore will not be working the brakes as hard? however, the turns come quicker and with not as much time in between for cooling?? so, you do the math...I would plan on having a spare set of pads with you just in case?.. we will have the tools and the people to help you change them if need be...

03 cobra toy
10-07-2003, 10:45 AM
:thumbsup: Do you have a video of MSR you could post ?? Do they have racing gas at the track? How many people show up for their events? Where can you pass at MSR.... OK I'm done with the questions :D

Firme
10-07-2003, 11:17 AM
I asked Rick about being able to do just one day on Sunday, he said he will let me know :(

Andy M
10-07-2003, 08:27 PM
Originally posted by 01 cobra toy
:thumbsup: Do you have a video of MSR you could post ?? Do they have racing gas at the track? How many people show up for their events? Where can you pass at MSR.... OK I'm done with the questions :D not sure if I have video, but I know Joe Johnson does - for sure. I can take some video from his incar camera and post it for download... let me call him to see if I can get some video from him of MSR.

Actually, if you go to the Drivers Edge web site, they have a track video library on the site...

Race gas? Can't remember?... I will check though?

how many people? LOTS!! expect a packed house, which usually means somewhere between 75-100+ cars!!:eek: They usually run 4 run groups plus a group for just instructors..

where to pass?? only a couple of places safe to pass... and this will depend on which group they put you in? if this is your very first event with them, they WILL put you in the novice group - at least until your instructors decides to move you to the next group.. and/or signs you off for solo.

I ran yellow group over there last time... because I had already done some events with them at TWS, and only needed to learn the lines at MSR. THe instructor rode with me for one session and then signed me off for solo. Then on Sunday, I was moved to the red group.

03 cobra toy
10-07-2003, 08:46 PM
:thumbsup: Thanks Andy....:rotf: I'm ready to go now......I got some more stuff in today to put on my car so I can stay up with the 00R guys....ha ha ;)

Twice Bitten
10-11-2003, 12:14 PM
Can't make this event.:( It is right at the start of the peak hunting season in South Texas:D :thumbsup:

Andy M
10-12-2003, 12:35 PM
Originally posted by Twice Bitten
Can't make this event.:( It is right at the start of the peak hunting season in South Texas:D :thumbsup: Larry,

Dude... I can't believe you will choose hunting over open track?!! :rolleyes: I'm dissapointed!!;)

Of course, then again.. thank god we live in a country where you CAN actually make your own decision to do either of the two!!

Have fun and stay safe man!!! Catch you at the track some other time... I guess it will be just me, Joe and Jason Morman representing the R community?!!:flag:

03 cobra toy
10-14-2003, 02:33 PM
Originally posted by Twice Bitten
Can't make this event.:( It is right at the start of the peak hunting season in South Texas:D :thumbsup:

:(

Levi
11-04-2003, 05:06 PM
FYI

Motel 6 (brand new and nice)
8601 Hwy 377 South
Benbrook, Texas
(817) 249-8885
Room rates: one adult $42.93, two adults $49.71

03 cobra toy
11-08-2003, 08:44 PM
:bounce: A few more weeks.....:thumbsup:

Bingo13
11-14-2003, 10:55 PM
I should be there. I still have to tame the rattlesnake with this pig. ;)

03 cobra toy
11-17-2003, 07:33 PM
Originally posted by Bingo13
I should be there. I still have to tame the rattlesnake with this pig. ;)

:thumbsup: Glad to see you are going !!! Pray for good weather..

Levi
12-01-2003, 06:17 PM
Peep's, we have just a couple more days and it will be time to turn it ON.:bounce:

Andy M
12-01-2003, 11:06 PM
Woohoo!!!! 4 days and counting!!! Track Time Baby!!!!! :bounce: :bounce: :bounce: :bounce: :bounce:

97CasperCobra
12-02-2003, 12:36 AM
You guys suck :mad:

have fun, be safe and take lots of pics for the scrapbook!!! Keep the shiney side up(that's the top side David). :thumbsup:

Shane
12-03-2003, 12:29 AM
Tell you what i would do anything to go.I would have to go buy a new cobra Owell maybee next year 66 will be under construction very soon :thumbsup:

Firme
12-03-2003, 01:29 PM
Somebody better bring me back some video footage to make a video out of.. and pics...

ok... pretty please?? :thumbsup:

I wish i could go dammit :arg:

Andy M
12-03-2003, 11:05 PM
Edmond,

I'm gonna have some in-car video, as well as some out of car video. I plan on taking video of the SCMC'ers while they are on the track, while I am on my session breaks. From the observatory floor of the main clubhouse, you can see the entire track.. much better for spectators than TWS!!!

Firme
12-03-2003, 11:56 PM
SWEET ANDY... i need to get a copy of that video when you get back to edit for the site

Those of you going to MSR... DON'T FORGET TO GET YOU TALKABOUTS :bounce:

03 cobra toy
12-04-2003, 12:24 PM
Edmond,

I'm gonna have some in-car video, as well as some out of car video. I plan on taking video of the SCMC'ers while they are on the track, while I am on my session breaks. From the observatory floor of the main clubhouse, you can see the entire track.. much better for spectators than TWS!!!

:thumbsup: :thumbsup: :thumbsup: :rotf:

Carl G
12-08-2003, 04:38 PM
Well guys, how was the event? Let here how it went. Everyone safe?

97CasperCobra
12-08-2003, 04:39 PM
Originally posted by Carl G
Well guys, how was the event? Let here how it went. Everyone safe?

Yea...i'm surprised the pictures aren't up already and people telling stories. :p

03 cobra toy
12-08-2003, 05:25 PM
Originally posted by 97CasperCobra
Yea...i'm surprised the pictures aren't up already and people telling stories. :p

:baby: :baby: :D :D

Firme
12-08-2003, 07:08 PM
from what I hear... the lucky bastages had alot of fun... which is good to hear...

and I'm glad everyone made it back safe

:arg: <---me not going

Twice Bitten
12-08-2003, 08:31 PM
Nice picture David, glad to see the cheby was behind you and not in front:D :cool:

97CasperCobra
12-09-2003, 12:26 AM
Guess you didn't need all the duct tape like you had at TWS. :D

Andy M
12-09-2003, 07:32 AM
how about this one? I was having fun beating up on the gray Viper... he kept trying to pass me - unsuccessfully - the entire weekend. He even came up to me during a break and asked for a ride. I took him for a wild ride during the next session and he was very impressed with the R. Nice when we can all appreciate each other's toys huh?!

Twice Bitten
12-09-2003, 07:40 AM
Dodge may call it a Viper, but it is still just a Goat:D Good shot of your R Andy:thumbsup:

Levi
12-09-2003, 01:17 PM
I had the time of my life, Thanks to David, Andy and Joe.
Andy kept the Vipers in line, David eat's up Porsche's, Joe passed everthing like it was standing still and I gave the BMW's a run for there money.
http://www.mustangmods.com/data/12/57dsc_6340a.jpg