PDA

View Full Version : why no eastern nc events?

BadMoFo
09-28-2003, 04:39 PM
I was just wondering why there are no eastern nc events? there are tons of sc and western nc events. no raleigh is not eastern nc. I am talking close to the coast. how many members do we have that are way out here?

cobrabitn
09-28-2003, 05:01 PM
Josh,

Are you willing to head up a "coastal" Carolina chapter? If so, we need your ideas and input. Too many members on the coast drop because they do not have events going on. What is it you want to do?

Tony

97whitevert
09-28-2003, 10:48 PM
ahhh--- go for it Josh! I would be up for a 'beach ' trip...:thumbsup:

BadMoFo
09-28-2003, 11:01 PM
Originally posted by cobrabitn
Josh,

Are you willing to head up a "coastal" Carolina chapter? If so, we need your ideas and input. Too many members on the coast drop because they do not have events going on. What is it you want to do?

Tony

I would have to put some thought into that one. I really dont know what all is involved and its probably pretty demanding, I have alot of respect for those who head up this club and the sacrafices they make to make the events what they are. I will talk it over with a few fellow mustangers and get back to you. I know there is at least three of us cobra clubbers here locally and lots of local mustang enthusiast that meet all the time. I will guage intrest and see what I cant do.:thumbsup: I know there are lots of things around this area to do, couple of local dyno shops, lots of local tracks, 1/8 and 1/4 mile and lots and lots of beaches. But again if you could give me some direction so I could weight things out I would apriciate it. thanks again

Josh

97whitevert
09-28-2003, 11:05 PM
for now-- all it would take mostly is some iniaitive to say "hey- lets's do..." spread the word! a dyno day is a great way to start! :thumbsup:

and think of the paycheck you will get:D

cobrabitn
09-28-2003, 11:07 PM
I heard there is a nice 1/4 mile track there. That could be something we could look into. What does it take to organize? Time, persistence, determination, and enthusiasm. You have the backing off a big club so why not use that to make it grow on the coast? We want to grow our Cobra club, so why not use it by doing events?

Tony

BadMoFo
09-29-2003, 06:32 PM
ya I guess your right, but there are at least two dynos I know of, True Blue in Benson and Wayne's Dyno in Jacksonville. Also Jacksonville has a nice track in fact they have been aproached numerous times by NHRA about having some events there, all they need to do is pave a few areas for parking, but the track is suposed to be real nice. but again I will put some thought into it, where do I find a list of members at?

97whitevert
09-29-2003, 09:03 PM
did you get a list when you renewed? email me if you need a more current list; i'lll be glad to send one to you:thumbsup:

redsnake99
09-29-2003, 10:30 PM
Anyone from down east is welcome to join us on October 11 at the Raleigh SCMC meet. See the Upcoming Events thread, Raleigh NC meet.

:thumbsup:

BadMoFo
09-30-2003, 06:50 PM
actually I just got the email today my membership expired!:eek: I knew it was coming due and I got the renewal email but I have been so busy I guess it slipped my mind. I will have to send that out tomarrow.

97whitevert
09-30-2003, 11:01 PM
Originally posted by BadMoFo
actually I just got the email today my membership expired!:eek: I knew it was coming due and I got the renewal email but I have been so busy I guess it slipped my mind. I will have to send that out tomarrow.

Ahhhh just go ahead and re-p for more than 1 year- i did:thumbsup: :thumbsup:

butt get it sent in!!!!!!

BadMoFo
10-02-2003, 08:50 PM
in the mail. I feel like pooh, think think think.

97whitevert
10-03-2003, 05:08 PM
in the mail. I feel like pooh, think think think.

GOOD!! TTFN:thumbsup: :thumbsup:

smashedheadcat
10-06-2003, 10:19 PM
A dyno day would be sweet Josh. I'm sure Wayne would be all over that one. FYI, True Blue Performance moved, I'm not sure where too, but I know they did (are presently), and they should have their phones back up (oct 7th). Their phone numbers will be the same. Last I heard, no dyno for TBP, they've been sending customers to Turbo Tune in Greensboro.

I personally think the club loses out on a lot of drag racers because of the lack of Drag Day's. I think there isn't enough balance. There's like 10 or so open track events and only 2 drag days. It is obvious there's a lot more interest in open track forum than the drag race forum, but I think the lack of drag events have a lot to do with it. Jacksonville is a decent track, it hooks a lot better than New Bern, but my favorite part......... (they let us vert guys with no roll bars run) :D.

smashedheadcat
10-06-2003, 10:21 PM
Heck, the dyno is like 3 miles from the track. It could be a 2 part event. Get to the dyno, then, up the road to the drag strip.

BadMoFo
10-07-2003, 11:30 AM
Originally posted by smashedheadcat
Heck, the dyno is like 3 miles from the track. It could be a 2 part event. Get to the dyno, then, up the road to the drag strip.

thats a good thought, man guys named josh sure do think of great ideas!:thumbsup: where can we submit these ideas so that we could possibly have an event like this?

cobrabitn
10-07-2003, 12:18 PM
Thanks for renewing Josh. Most people don't realize that their membership money goes for things like this BB, the website, and those fancy little decals and such. If it weren't for members like you, we wouldn't have this BB or some of the other stuff. Thanks for your support and maybe we can chat this weekend about doing something over there on the coastal side. Let's chat about it, okay?:thumbsup:

Tony

BadMoFo
10-07-2003, 04:57 PM
I always forget when the chat time is, can you remind me? I will make an effort to be online at that time. scratch that just remebered this weekend is a long weekend so I will be in greenville sc visiting family.

97whitevert
10-08-2003, 05:56 PM
I always forget when the chat time is, can you remind me? I will make an effort to be online at that time. scratch that just remebered this weekend is a long weekend so I will be in greenville sc visiting family. the club chat was this sunday, but email tony your ph # and he can call you!:bounce: :bounce: i feel a beach trip is coming!!!!:thumbsup:

smashedheadcat
10-08-2003, 09:10 PM
DRAG DAY! DRAG DAY! DRAG DAY!

:bounce: :bounce: :bounce:

BadMoFo
10-08-2003, 09:30 PM
Originally posted by smashedheadcat
DRAG DAY! DRAG DAY! DRAG DAY!

:bounce: :bounce: :bounce:

hey are you going to the drag day in jackson sc? I that is close to greenville sc right? The only problem is its on my daughters 1st b-day, dont think I can miss that one.

smashedheadcat
10-09-2003, 01:21 PM
Yes, I will be going most likely. I HAVE to have a tranny in the car by then, or I just won't be able to go. No car= no go.