PDA

View Full Version : I'm gonna buy a car i Just dunno what.

StreeTeen
09-29-2003, 07:23 PM
Hi guys, Im new at these forums but i've been browsing this site, Im going to be buying a car soon and was considering going for a SVT Cobra R, my main use is for beating the crap out of rice burners :D . The only thing is i dunno much about Cobra's, how many mods are there and stuff, does it come supercharged?, Is there a really good Turbo Kit for it?, would NOS be good for it?, How about body kits? So can someone help me out plz im soooooo clueless.....

97whitevert
09-29-2003, 08:12 PM
Welcome!! Hope you take time to read and learn as I have!:thumbsup::thumbsup:

OK first-- What are you driving now? How much driving experience do you have? A cobra r is a race car- not so much a street car. They do not come supercharged; the 03 and up do. I have no experience in either a turbo kit, or nitrous. body kits? I don't do body kits, but some do and may chime in here

StreeTeen
09-29-2003, 08:18 PM
My overall driving experience is pretty much 2 years illegal street racing in michigan with a 97 Ford Probe gt ( my cousins car), but im back at home and im going to buy a car, and im considering an American Made muscle car, I think it would make a sweet street racing car i just need to know things like "what can i do to it to make it faster?", im thinking about a '03 SVT cobra R

97whitevert
09-29-2003, 08:33 PM
[LECTURE=ON] get some LEGAL experience under your belt!! street racing SUX!!!!:mad::mad: seriously. Get to a driving school, where you can learn to drive a car under safe, controled conditions. There are some specifically geared to teens and new drivers. I know of several people that have completely demolished their car (cobras and others) because of inexperience and too much power under the hood.

Some have demolished themselves. not to mention innocent others. [LECTUE=off]

please don't take this as offensive, that is not my intention. my intention is to make you think before you jump into a vehicle and do something stupid.:thumbsup:

StreeTeen
09-29-2003, 08:38 PM
I can see what ya mean, I do illegal cuz its just fun, and i do worry about me dieing or innocent people, its just the andrenaline half the time im out there, so far im undefeated, I will move onto Legal racing its just that, I dunno any tracks around chicago or any leagues around here (sorta new), but anywayz I respect your opinion

97whitevert
09-29-2003, 08:53 PM
Just check out your area- I'm sure that there are drag strips close by:bounce: that way you can really prove what you've got and do it legal! also, Gingerman is in SW Michigan, just a few hours away. We just had a school there and there are many clubs that hold schools there all the time. Check that out too. There are several club members in your area that will be more than happy to help get you going! check out the regional forums!! and don't be shy about asking questions!:thumbsup:

StreeTeen
09-29-2003, 09:06 PM
thx i'll do that.

winddysvt
10-22-2003, 02:42 PM
Originally posted by StreeTeen
Hi guys, Im new at these forums but i've been browsing this site, Im going to be buying a car soon and was considering going for a SVT Cobra R, my main use is for beating the crap out of rice burners :D . The only thing is i dunno much about Cobra's, how many mods are there and stuff, does it come supercharged?, Is there a really good Turbo Kit for it?, would NOS be good for it?, How about body kits? So can someone help me out plz im soooooo clueless.....

===============

hey did you buy one yet?

I noticed your in the Chicagoland area also...

let us know what your looking for --- maybe we could help you find one in this area!

:thumbsup: