PDA

View Full Version : Dyno

97BlackSnake
10-13-2003, 03:39 PM
I've been looking around for a place to dyno my car and I have a few questions for you guys. First, what are the different types of dyno's? The closest place to me says that they measure "average HP" and that it would show much lower numbers than other places. Also, does it make a difference what gear they do it in? If so, which is the best?

Thanks for your help!

tcrews
10-13-2003, 06:41 PM
Dynojets and Mustang dynos are the ones I know of. Each measures in a slightly different way and the Mustang dynos tend to register slightly less than the typical dynojet dyno. Dynojets are the most common.

4th gear, if they want to do any other they are full of it so you should run away quickly. 4th gear is your 1:1 ratio for the tranny and that's what you dyno in.

You can go to www.dynojet.com and look for the closest dynojet location.

97BlackSnake
10-14-2003, 02:04 AM
what would would be the effect on the reading if they were to do it in a different gear (2nd or 3rd)? Also, about how much do the 96's-98's have at the wheels stock?

Thanks again!

The link was helpful, thanks!

tcrews
10-14-2003, 08:46 AM
It would be thrown off because of the different ratio in the transmission for the different gears. They can program the dyno to calculate for that...but why throw another number into the equation and increase the error percentage.

'96-'98 typically dyno between 255-265 stock, the luckier guys get the 265 ones :)