PDA

View Full Version : Carshow FYI (judging and whatnot)

Firme
10-15-2003, 11:48 AM
Just to let you guys know a few thing to expect at the car show.....

The judging is based on cleanliness. There will be no breakdown in how many mods you have, since its not the bling but the clean that will get points.....

Windows will be down.

Trunks Will be open.

Hoods Will be UP.

Door to remain Unlocked.

There will be points credited for higher mileage.... to make it fair for the daily drivers..

as thing stand right now, verts and coupe's will be in the same class (but classes are subject to change depending on attendance, we wanna make if fair for everyone and give everyone a fair chance), after all its cleanliness that counts and not cool factor.

Verts will be judged with the tops up, but can be topless when not being judged. After all Coupes tops will be judged for cleanliness as will verts. Since its on cleanliness, vert owners don't have to worry about top wear or crinkles.

We will have a ton of stuff (25+ things to auction off) so that will be kewl.

We will facilitate someone onsite to buy food from....

hmm lets see thats all I can think of...

if you guys have ?'s, post them and well try to answer them for ya

:thumbsup:

msmap
10-15-2003, 08:18 PM
I know I saw the classes, but where does my Mach 1 fit in again? Thanks

Twice Bitten
10-15-2003, 11:22 PM
Can you give a breakdown for us "freshmen" of any recommended necessities (chairs, sunscreen, etc) that we may forget? I ask only because I know Larry hasn't (it's almost as bad as asking for directions...) ;)

msmap
10-15-2003, 11:28 PM
usually chairs, sunscreen, ice chest with drinks, snacks to munch on, car cleaning stuff

Twice Bitten
10-15-2003, 11:32 PM
thanx S...leave it to the gals to be sure the guys are prepared...see you Sunday...Rachel

Firme
10-15-2003, 11:50 PM
Originally posted by msmap
usually chairs, sunscreen, ice chest with drinks, snacks to munch on, car cleaning stuff

what Sherri said.... there will be a guy there that will be selling food and drink from beggining of the show on....

Sherri classes will be rearranged accordingly, so its subject to change, but right now... 64-73 mustangs

Mephisto
10-16-2003, 09:40 AM
What about trunks? Will the judges rate these.

Firme
10-16-2003, 12:59 PM
Heny,

Thank, trunks will be opened and be judged. Also Windows will be down. :)

cobltng
10-17-2003, 09:26 AM
Are the Lightning's still "special Interest" class?? Hood up,bed cover up windows down,doors unlocked I suppose.There will be at least four there That I can think of including Barb.
JF

97CasperCobra
10-17-2003, 09:44 AM
Originally posted by cobltng
Are the Lightning's still "special Interest" class?? Hood up,bed cover up windows down,doors unlocked I suppose.There will be at least four there That I can think of including Barb.
JF

The L's will have their own "Truck" class. And yes, hood up, bed cover up, windows down and doors unlocked.

03 cobra toy
10-17-2003, 11:42 AM
Originally posted by cobltng
JF

I'll hold the keys for ya....;)

cobltng
10-17-2003, 03:26 PM
We gotta talk,I am laughing my A__ off.;)

LadyCobra01'
10-17-2003, 04:00 PM
Sounds Great! It looks like I will be doing my detail cleaning Sat.! This is my First Show!:bounce: Can't wait to meet everyone!:thumbsup:

Kim

Topless In Tex
10-17-2003, 10:13 PM
Hey Guys...
Steve will show (as he should), I will just display, if that...I'm not worthy of being judged at this point. My replacement window is still stuck up and looks like hell, and i still have no rearview mirror. And, to quite honest, I did not do a DAMN thing to it today. Did not even clean the garbage out of it. I think I'm just a little worn out and burnt out w/ busting my ass on that car, and everything just keeps going wrong. I have not cleaned it in weeks. If I could throw a TARP over it and just show the engine, I would be happy. :( I just dont have the energy or the motivation right now to deal with it...
We will be there about 10ish or so.

We will be heading out to Katy in the morning to judge that show. We are taking the truck, not even gonna take the Stangs. If I had Saturday to work on my car, I might think about showing. But...we will be tied up all day over there.

I'm sure ya'll will have a great turnout...Last years was REALLY good, even considering the Downpour that lasted thru most the show. I'm looking forward to seeing ya'll and ya'lls Stangs..
I'm sure Steve would post, but he's not got back into any of the boards since he's been back from the ship...just too much stuff going on right now. I know he's looking forward to seeing all of ya'll too.... :) And, hopefully he can get active again here soon at SCMC.

Have a good weekend, and We'll see ya'll on Sunday! :thumbsup:
:banana:TNT:banana: