PDA

View Full Version : 2003 season - Congrats, thanks, etc.

svt_coupe
10-20-2003, 05:52 PM
First... I want to apologize if this reads like a NASCAR victory speech. I have a lot of people to thank for this incredible season.

I haven't been out on the boards too much recently as I've been slammed at work and at home, but I wanted to offer my congrats to Hoover on winning the 2003 AI season with his double victories at VIR. He drove an exceptional season, never missing a beat. Hoover and I had a great battle this season and it was great fun to be a part of it. Close racing with friends is what it's all about and close racing we had!! I must say, the look of Hoover's splitter is pretty awesome!! The orange car is a great looking racecar. Congrats to Hoover's crew as well, most of all Amy and Jay. It was great seeing them at every race this season.

Greg Anderson drove an impressive season as well. I think Greg will surprise a lot of folks next year, as he keeps getting quicker at every event. Congrats on an incredible effort this year. I look forward to going fender to fender with you next season.

It was awesome to see a lot of new faces in the series this year. AI is on the verge of greatness, I think, and I'm glad to see new faces appearing at nearly every race. The quality of cars showing up is pretty impressive. Congrats too all the rookies this year that made AI what it is. I'm happy to say that I've raced with you guys and feel pretty honored to call you all my friends.

Thanks to Dan Schlickenmeyer who continues to bear the brunt of AI's growing pains. I have always supported Dan's decision making and I can't think of a harder working individual than he, especially considering he does this on a volunteer basis. Dan is truly THE class act and has helped AI grow TREMENDOUSLY in 2 short years on the East coast. Congrats on a what looks to be a well-deserved championship season as well. Along the same lines, thanks to Hoov for helping our AI series out this season as well. I know a lot, if not all of the behind the scenes stuff goes unnoticed. Thanks for both of your efforts.

I will not be making the trip to Summit Point as I think I'm locked firmly into 2nd place. Thus...

I'd like to offer my thanks first and foremost to Jason and Robin Smith. They put up with so much of "Shugg Racing Ltd." and never seem to stop GIVING endlessly to me (no, not $$$, but time, assistance, and friendship). Thanks for all the hard work and late nights this season, Jason. Robin, sorry for stealing your hubby so often... ;) Thanks to Maximum Motorsports (www.maximummotorsports.com) for making the best Mustang suspension on the planet and their incredible level of technical support. They made the car stinkin' fast. Chuck, Ehren, Jack, John, Chris, and the rest at MM... thanks! Jack - do I owe you any money for the zillion dollars in phone bills I'm sure you spent calling my arse back to answer yet ANOTHER question?!? Thanks to Andie Lin and Cobalt (www.cobaltfriction.com) for their support this season as well. Cobalt Brakes never cease to amaze me. Without Cobalt, I would not have been able to compete at the level I did this season. Chris Retz and True Blue Performance (www.true-blueperformance.com), thanks for your assistance this season - TBP has some very knowledgeable, hard working, and honest people working for them. They made my engine live and squeezed some more ponies out of my motor. Your efforts at VIR were INCREDIBLY appreciated (thanks thanks thanks!). Thanks to Walt Puckett and Delta Group Motorsports (www.deltagroupmotorsports.com) for incredible fabrication work and general racecar advice. DGM knows how to make a chassis work... Jerry Rhyne Collision - thanks for the body work this season. I'm glad I didn't have to take the car back to you this year!! Gregg Baker at Isaac (www.isaacdirect.com) - I feel unbelievably safe in the car now thanks to your product. I wish more of my friends (read - EVERYONE I KNOW) wore head and neck restraint devices. David Simmons, your SSR intake made my Cobra BREATHE!!! Thanks for the late season extra HP's and season-long advice. Steve Ragan - you are the man... the throttle body that added some HP's rules.

Daym... I feel like I just accepted a Grammy. Please excuse my rather long winded thanks. I just had to publicly recognize and thank everyone who helped me this year. I know I have missed others (like John Pearson for his continued help and Jim Pantas for having the 15 junk Mustangs to rummage through...) and I apologize for missing anyone. This season rocked. It can only get better from here.

A very grateful,
Shugg

johnbasf
10-20-2003, 10:10 PM
I would like to jump in here. Thanks big time to Dan and James for putting up with all of us. I look forward to next year with them at the helm.

I would also like to thank ALL of my fellow racers for making this rookie feel right at home. I know I probably drove some of you crazy with all my questions. I learned a ton from you guys this year, THANKS.

I want to send the biggest thanks out to my wife Dianne. She has been very supportive of this addiction to open tracking.

Thanks to the SCMC members who came out to support the series this year, it really meant a lot to have you guys at the races.

I'm looking forward to next year without the rookie stripes.:thumbsup:

COBRA #17
10-21-2003, 08:27 PM
I started this last night before 7 pm ,and got interupted by the phone. 4 calls later I got off the phone at 11:27. If you guys only knew???:(

Anyway I want to extend a BIG thanks to you also Mr. Shugg. The races we have had in the last 2 years are unexplainable !!!:thumbsup: Thank you for your sportamanship and cool head. I have watched you do some really awesome things with your car this year, your talent is amazing!!:thumbsup:

John it has been a real joy to get out of my car after a race and see you and Beau jabbering about the race and laughing it up!!
That really makes me feel good to see others having fun!

Greg has also stepped it up a notch this year. If not for a couple of races with bad luck he would have been even closer!!
GOOD JOB DUDE !!

I would not have even got started this season witout the help of Jay Ford, Allen,my DAD and AMY. ( by the way we are getting married in Jan :D ) THANKS TO THEM FOR THEIR TIME !!!

ALSO THANKS TO ALL RACERS AND SPECTATORS FOR SUPORTING THE SERIES!!! :thumbsup:

2003 AI EAST CHAMPION

bogart
10-22-2003, 12:23 AM
i have many people to thank this year !
at the start of the year my car was on 4 jackstands with no drive train or suspension and i honestly thought i was going to make 2 or 3 weekends this year.
my boss and friend jamie got me motivated and helped me with money and fuel and a new transmission. my friend and crew cheif orvis andrews footed the bill for transportation and many items on the car. both these guys risked the relationship with their wives to help me get the car ready for the first race.

lester lesneski my good friend and racing mentor. i have to give les the credit for showing me the error of my ways on the track.
he also lets me borrow his scales and toe plates for days at a time . les is a great racing talent as he runs my car about 3 seconds a lap faster than me!!

bryan and james , thanks for keeping the bar high and making us all in ai run hard!!

i would have not made the last race as my crankshaft broke at cmp and took everything with it, jamie let me take the motor out of his track car to run ....thanks bro you are a class act!

sorry for the long message i try to remain a man of few words
thanks guys..

btw if you need ac work at your commercial contruction project in the charlotte nc region ...comfortemp heating and air
if you need an automatic gate system gate technology services

all your mustang performance needs can be more than done at lesters performance automotive.

sorry for the shamless plugs but these guys help me that much to propel the "leaning tower of bondo" across the start finish line!!!

95cobraR
10-22-2003, 08:56 AM
Bryan,
Congrats to you and all the regular AI racers. Ya'll have some great looking and very fast cars. And, all the drivers have a bunch of talent. Good luck on your efforts for next year.

wreckm
10-22-2003, 09:10 AM
I would like to thank all of the racers for a great year. I did not miss a race this year and the reason why is that i have had a great time with everyone.If everyone sticks together this series will be even better. There are great things to come. It is hard to believe that this close of racing can happen in a new series. I look forward to next year already, but for now we are just enjoying being champs. I would like to also thank James for letting me be part of this. James what can I say" YOU ROCK!!!!"