PDA

View Full Version : Tweecer???

Hazman
10-21-2003, 07:37 PM
OK. Have any of you used the Tweecer or other EEC tuner?

http://www.tweecer.com/index.htm

Ran across this today and thought this might be fun to try out. Unit allows you to do data logging, changes to setup and to have up to 4 alternatives to the stock setup that you can switch to on the fly.

smashedheadcat
10-21-2003, 07:39 PM
The only thing I've heard about this is it's pretty difficult to use. I have zero expirience with it. This is just what I've heard??????

tnturbo
10-21-2003, 08:46 PM
Hazman, ScrewedGTS over on HPT uses either the Tweecer or the EECTuner, not sure which but he knows a lot about both units and could probably answer your questions. He's got Edelbrock heads and a Kenne-Bell on a 95 GT, made his own wideband and done all the tuning on it.

Slowbra
10-27-2003, 10:50 AM
I've used both....

I had the EEC-Tuner on my 94 and I now have the TwEECer on my 01 Cobra..

It has it's own learning curve but if you are patient and understand how the computer works you are better off then most.

It's not meant for people that don't know at least the basics of tuning.

Go over to thier sites and do lots of reading and searching.

Don't let the negative posts influence your decision right away.

Aaron94
10-27-2003, 03:36 PM
blacksnake 2001, do you prefer one over the other? i have a 94, so is the EEC Tuner better for the older models? this sounds interesting to me, as the price is pretty reasonable considering the claims. i saw on tweecers website that you can input injector size and mass air meter size, etc. is this pretty much the idea behind all the settings to it, or is there a lot more? i didnt really feel like there was a lot of info on tweecers site, so i will have to do a lil more searching.

Slowbra
10-27-2003, 03:50 PM
I prefer the TwEECer over the EECtuner simply because I can have 4 different programs already saved and all I have to do is turn a knob to go to the next one.

You can't go wrong with either one, I just seem to like the interface that the TwEECer provides and the fact you can switch from one program to the next while the car is running.

The TwEECer forum has lots of info.. Also check out the yahoo groups dedicated to it.

You can change just about anything in your EEC... Download the software and find your EEC's bin file to see for yourself..