PDA

View Full Version : Mustang Shootout, Nov 22, Mooresville, NC

stylin99
10-22-2003, 02:41 PM
3rd Annual Custom Performance Mustang Shootout
Saturday November 22nd, 2003
Mooresville Dragway, Mooresville, NC

It's time to get your Mustang out for the last racing event of the year! Custom Performance is once again coordinating this annual Mustang Shootout. This is directed at daily driven street cars so bring yours out and see what you can do!

There will also be a car show (Top 20) in the morning for all Fords, a FREE Burnout Contest, and the track is also doing their own bracket racing event for all other Fords besides Mustangs.

This is Heads-Up racing on a Pro Tree 1/8mile track. Top 8 format. Your best of 3 qualifying runs determines if you're in the top 8 of each class. Trophies & Gift Certificate given to winner of each class. Must have mufflers. Interior cannot be gutted (no bare metal showing). Other rules apply. $10 at the gate, $15 additional to be in the Mustang Shootout.

Shootout classes:
Modular
2V Naturally aspirated: (street tires only)
2V Power Adder: (street tire or drag radial only)
4V Naturally aspirated: (street tires only)
4V Power Adder: (street tire or drag radial only)

Mild: Naturally aspirated, Drag Radial
Power Adder: limit of 1 PowerAdder, soft DOT tires (ET Streets, etc)
Unlimited: Everything else! Slicks permitted, Ford powered, Limited restrictions (no "race" cars)

I'm running in 2V power adder, so I hope some of you can come out and join us. More details to be posted soon.

Mooresville Dragway's website (http://www.mooresvilledragway.com)

stylin99
10-22-2003, 02:42 PM
Additional information:

$10 per person at the gate
$15 to race the Mustang shootout.
FREE to enter Burnout Contest
$15 to enter Top 20 Car Show

Tech inspection required. Done by Custom Performance staff. Pay for Mustang shootout at Custom Performance booth, they will assign you a car#.

SHOOTOUT PAYOUT
Winner of each class receieves $100 gift certificate to Custom Performance and Trophy!
Runner-up receives $25 gift certificate!
Trophy to Burnout Contest winner.

itsrlong
10-23-2003, 03:38 AM
What time does everything get started on Saturday? I'm in!!!

flynfink
10-23-2003, 09:37 AM
do verts need a roll bar?

BOSSMAN
10-23-2003, 11:01 AM
Steve, is the whole event going to be put together by the southern performance ford club again. I'd like to know if there are going to be any other classes.

itsrlong
11-20-2003, 12:47 AM
What time on Saturday?

itsrlong
11-20-2003, 12:52 AM
Anybody else going? Come on Big Daddy.... Where you at? Got that freeze plug fixed yet?

redsnake99
11-20-2003, 02:13 PM
Sorry, I've got to drive Clay Aiken in Raleigh's Christmas Parade on Saturday.

:bounce: :bounce:

Diamondz
11-20-2003, 03:15 PM
Originally posted by redsnake99
Sorry, I've got to drive Clay Aiken in Raleigh's Christmas Parade on Saturday.

:bounce: :bounce:

Are you serious?? How cool is that?!

I want to go to Mooresville, but I'd rather see Clay Aiken! I've actually posted on a couple sites trying to find out car show info like, times for registration, judging, etc ... but no responses. What's up with that?

-Donna

itsrlong
11-20-2003, 04:11 PM
I called Custom Performance. Car show starts at 10am and racing starts at noon.

NO 5 OH
11-21-2003, 02:28 AM
Originally posted by itsrlong
I called Custom Performance.

You know... you could call me too and ask if I'd like to be in on this as well ;) ;)

I forgot though... I'm not a member of the "11 sec. club" yet plus I have to work Saturday :( The agreement between me and my supervisor that I have Friday off.

Perhaps I'll be doing something to better my chances of joining the "11 sec. club" tomorrow on my day off. I wonder where I'll be going :D:D:D

Shannon

itsrlong
11-21-2003, 06:30 AM
NO 5 OH.... Hope everything works out with the deal!!!
Unfortunately I won't be racing on Saturday, cause my Aeromotive fuel system finally died on me on the way to Test and Tune last night.... :( I can't get one here in time, to have it installed by Saturday, so I'll just be watching and that sucks!!!

Later

Diamondz
11-22-2003, 12:12 AM
I sure hope the show is a go ... I got the Mach detailed out, packed a bag, drove 2-1/2 hours, and am in a hotel now. Hope to see a few of you tomorrow ;)

BTW -- It was great to meet you today Shannon! I hope they were helpful after I left.

-Donna
2003 Torch Red Mach 1
Chrome Mach rims, honeycomb rear panels, 5% tint, "1BADPNY"

Diamondz
11-22-2003, 07:06 PM
Well, I'm back! LOL Got a gazillion pics, there were 5 Machs there. Took a few videos too.

Click for Pics (http://www.rhythmuniversity.com/diamondz/Mooresville/Pictures/)

Click for Videos (http://www.rhythmuniversity.com/diamondz/Mooresville/Videos/)

Enjoy!
Donna

grasshopper
11-23-2003, 12:41 AM
Thanks for the pics and movies! It looked like a good time. Curious, how did that red Camero do?