PDA

View Full Version : Building a Cobra for someone

Evilcartman
10-28-2003, 04:01 PM
Ok, guy at work, high in the ranks, wants me to help modify a '04 Cobra for him, once he buys it. He wants reliablilty over all though. He wants a turn key weekend warrior that requires nothing but an oil change. Also, when are the '04's going to be on the streets?

I'm thinking he needs a Kenne Bell since money is not much of an issue. He also wants a massive stereo system and maybe some suspension work. He wants brake upgrades and a car that runs at least high 11's or 475+ RWHP. I told him to do the KB with a very safe tune. Then he won't have to jack with belt slipage or any other issues.

Basically, if you had all the money you needed, what would you do? Can he just install the Kenne Bell without doing injectors and LT's? That would keep it easy and simple.

I took the guy for a ride in my car and he loved it. He is thinking he wants more power though.

97CasperCobra
10-28-2003, 04:17 PM
Swap a solid axle in there, and do some heavy stiffening of the chasis.

Or take him over to Strictly's 03 Cobra and get him a ride in that. :D

Evilcartman
10-28-2003, 04:23 PM
Originally posted by 97CasperCobra
Swap a solid axle in there, and do some heavy stiffening of the chasis.

Or take him over to Strictly's 03 Cobra and get him a ride in that. :D I did just call Nathaniel's. I guess I need to talk to Larry because this guy won't wait that long to get the car back.

Twice Bitten
10-28-2003, 06:20 PM
I did a lot of extras(Lost over 3 weeks of time on cams alone). A kb could be installed very easy, but there are some issues that they do not tell about, mostly minor adjustments.

Firme
10-28-2003, 07:22 PM
I would keep the IRS unless he wants a 10 second drag strip only car.

Also for suspension, he might wanna do all around coil-overs...

sub-frame connectors, front and rear sway bars... and mabye a K memeber... but since he wants a safe tune and not too much boost, saving some weight on the suspension with better equipment would be as usefull as adding power.

Twice Bitten
10-28-2003, 07:53 PM
Ford will be adding heavier duty irs to the line in the near future, they are allready being used in exploders and expeditions, they will make it to the truck line, starting with the lightning. That will be a good unit for the cobra.

Evilcartman
10-28-2003, 11:18 PM
He doesn't really want to get crazy with it. Just a car with a crap load of safe tuned power. I'm thinking that a KB on a stock car, maybe exhaust would be perfect. I will have to talk to him more about it.

Twice Bitten
10-28-2003, 11:58 PM
The complete Kenne Bell kit would be good for plenty of power and speed, more than the stock tires can handle. The kit that starts with the cai, blower, 2 pulleys, flip chip, belts, brackets etc. He could fine tune it and push 600 bhp no problem. I would suggest brake upgrade and some suspension upgrades. He can make the car what he wants, it has a lot of untapped potential, I may have gone a little overboard.:D :eek: :thumbsup: :bounce:

Evilcartman
10-29-2003, 09:45 AM
Originally posted by Twice Bitten
The complete Kenne Bell kit would be good for plenty of power and speed, more than the stock tires can handle. The kit that starts with the cai, blower, 2 pulleys, flip chip, belts, brackets etc. He could fine tune it and push 600 bhp no problem. I would suggest brake upgrade and some suspension upgrades. He can make the car what he wants, it has a lot of untapped potential, I may have gone a little overboard.:D :eek: :thumbsup: :bounce:

Little??? :D

Actually, he talked about doing the brakes also.

Evilcartman
10-29-2003, 11:10 AM

Andy M
10-30-2003, 06:44 AM
Originally posted by Twice Bitten
I may have gone a little overboard.:D :eek: :thumbsup: :bounce: You, go overboard?? That is like asking if the Pope is Polish?!!;)

Just having fun Larry!! We all respect your passion for modifications!! Heck, look what I've done to the R since I bought it!!!:rolleyes: