PDA

View Full Version : Diablo Predator

Black03
11-07-2003, 01:14 AM
Has anyone used the hand held to adjust their computer? I am considering this instead of just getting a chip.

cobragb
11-15-2003, 12:20 PM
I helped install one on a friend's Cobra. It is very nice. Highly recommended. The biggest advantage to the predator is the fact you don't mess with your stock computer and you can use it for datalogging.

akaeric
11-21-2003, 06:26 PM
Does any one know where I can get one of those preiditers I had a site saved but it seems to have gone off the air I can't seem to get back there?

03RedCobra
11-23-2003, 11:32 PM
You can get the Predator programmer at RPMoutlet.com It is running $417.00 right now. They are a good website, and have some nice '03 Cobra things.

akaeric
11-24-2003, 07:29 AM
Thanks that was the site I was having problems with but I got one on the way from them.

cobragb
11-24-2003, 09:57 AM
http://www.runninwiththedevil.com

akaeric
11-24-2003, 12:51 PM
Thanks again thats where I got mine from should get today

boomer003
11-26-2003, 07:18 PM
Houston Performance has a Christmas special on the Predator for 359.00. I have one and love it.

akaeric
11-26-2003, 08:11 PM
Used my Predator today very nice all I could do with it at the moment is download there performance settings. I am looking at those interchangeable pulleys do you have to change the lower pulley as well as the SC's pully or can I just adjust the idler pully or buy a larger one or do I have to buy a diablo pully for there pulley tune in the predator to work I'm not good enough yet to adjust the peremter my self. The only adjustment I made was the traction on or off and I'm not sure if it does anything to 2003 model and does it make the TC switch work backward or not at all as you know at stock setting th TC automaticlly comes on when you turn the car on. STill learning just don't want to hurt the engine. But man it was easy to use:bounce:

boomer003
11-27-2003, 10:45 AM
On the Predator, if you turn on the traction control, it will default your traction control off each time you start your car. When you start your car, does the traction control light come on, or does it stay off. You want it to come on, meaning your traction control is disabled. Good luck.

akaeric
11-27-2003, 08:51 PM
Thanks I think it stays on I'll have to check again so does it make the switch work backward to where you can turn it on if you push the the switch or is it just totally disabled? It did do a nice job of tuning the car its idling better and has a little more pull to it I haven't had a chance to open her up to see what she will do the cops were out full force today. Can't wait to start experamenting with pulleys got to pay off the what I have alllready done to the car. I love my cobra! Man the only thing wrong with these cars is they need to light up the switches and things its dark as hell inside the car at night hard to find the cup holder maybe I'm spolled I have a cadillac Escalde and everything has a night light.

boomer003
11-28-2003, 12:55 AM
If I'm not mistaken, the predator just changes the default position of the switch on start up. You can enable the TC by pressing the button(in the rain). When the light goes out, your traction control is working. Have fun.

akaeric
11-28-2003, 05:13 PM
No I did the tracton control again the right way and it totally disabled the switch you can push it all you want and the light stays on which is fine for me because I never cared for it . I didn't like having it cut my motor down. I noticed if you took off from a uneven place say like just a little bump off a curve it would make the car act like it was starving for gas in first gear