PDA

View Full Version : For Sale: 2001 Cobra, 15k miles, many extras!

Ken 01-Cobra
11-10-2003, 03:02 PM
I hate to do it, but the issue is being forced. The economy sucks, my wife has health issues, and I need to cut back on expenses.

Black 2001 Cobra with Charcoal interior. 15,000 miles. Excellent mechanical condition. Good paint condition (slight scratches on hood...needs a good buffing). Many, many performance upgrades amounting to over $7500. $22,900. If you buy, I will include Drag2000 and Dyno2000 Engine simulation software AND an almost 2 year subscription to Muscle Mustangs and Fast Fords - an additional $250 value.

Car runs 12.7's in the 1/4 mile and can still run the mountain roads with gusto as the IRS remains intact.

For Sale (http://www.burtsonline.net/ken/forsale.htm) <-- Click this link for details!

Ken 01-Cobra
11-11-2003, 09:13 AM
If you buy, I will include Drag2000 and Dyno2000 Engine simulation software AND an almost 2 year subscription to Muscle Mustangs and Fast Fords - an additional $250 value.

Big Daddy
11-11-2003, 11:05 AM
That sucks Ken! I hope your wife gets to feeling better and I'm sorry that the Snake has to go! :( :(

Ken 01-Cobra
11-12-2003, 12:06 AM
This is a very sad day for me. I sold her today. I now own a 2003 SVT Focus.

2KWhiteSnake
11-12-2003, 12:22 PM
Sorry to hear that Ken. Hope your wife gets to feeling better. I've felt the wrath of the economy for 2 years now. Damned retail SUCKS right now. Hang in there man.

Craig

Mr. Ed
11-12-2003, 11:16 PM
Very disturbed to hear the bad news, my Marine brother.:eek: I wish you and the wife well and hope you get back amongst us again real soon. Stay in touch.:thumbsup:

Semper Fi,
:flag:

Ken 01-Cobra
11-12-2003, 11:25 PM
Thanks guys. I appreciate the sentiments. However, you need to worry about when everything straightens out and the Focus from Hell comes hunting Snakes. ;)

If adversity builds character, I must be one hell of a character by now. ;)

smashedheadcat
11-15-2003, 12:37 AM
Originally posted by Ken 01-Cobra
Focus from Hell comes hunting Snakes. ;)

I'll keep that in mind Ken:rotf: ;) Once again, I'm sorry to see it go. I'm gonna miss that car almost as much as you are.

Ken 01-Cobra
11-15-2003, 01:27 AM
Originally posted by smashedheadcat
I'll keep that in mind Ken:rotf: ;) Once again, I'm sorry to see it go. I'm gonna miss that car almost as much as you are.
Yeah, the rules will change for the showdown. ;) Instead of a 1/4 straight, I will need a 2 mile twistie. :D

smashedheadcat
11-15-2003, 07:40 PM
Yeah, the rules will change for the showdown. ;) Instead of a 1/4 straight, I will need a 2 mile twistie. :D

That isn't fair. ;)

Black Horse
11-15-2003, 11:25 PM

Ah...Ken?

I hope you meant the car.........

but then again if everyone could trade their wife for a Focus I bet this would turn into the SFC....(j/k)

Sorry to hear about everything.....enjoy the Focus! And no watching the WRC (Markko Martin rules!)

Ken 01-Cobra
11-16-2003, 01:37 AM
Originally posted by smashedheadcat
That isn't fair. ;)
SURE it is! ;)

Ken 01-Cobra
11-16-2003, 01:40 AM
Originally posted by Black Horse
Ah...Ken?

I hope you meant the car.........

but then again if everyone could trade their wife for a Focus I bet this would turn into the SFC....(j/k)

Sorry to hear about everything.....enjoy the Focus! And no watching the WRC (Markko Martin rules!)
Heh, in that case, I would have held out for a Mach. ;)

To late...been watching the WRC for a couple of years now. Those guys are nuts! :D

NO 5 OH
11-19-2003, 04:47 AM
Focus from Hell

Did I ever happen to tell you that Precision Turbo and Engine now makes bolt-on turbo kits for the Foci Ken ;) ;)

Talk about a street sleeper :D :D

Shannon

Ken 01-Cobra
11-19-2003, 04:52 PM
As soon as things turn around a little, a turbo is definitely an option. ;) Sure would make the twisties against the Snakes more fun if they couldn't run away from me as bad in the straights! :D

winddysvt
11-19-2003, 06:14 PM

===============

I'm sad to hear that as well Ken ---

the good news is that the SVT Focus is a nice little car and does very well on the track !!

and hopefully, you can get another one someday...

mainly -- I hope your wife is doing o.k. and remember to take it day by day, o.k.?

just like me.....

you stayin' in the Cobra club?

Ken 01-Cobra
11-19-2003, 06:35 PM
Originally posted by winddysvt
===============

I'm sad to hear that as well Ken ---

the good news is that the SVT Focus is a nice little car and does very well on the track !!

and hopefully, you can get another one someday...

mainly -- I hope your wife is doing o.k. and remember to take it day by day, o.k.?

just like me.....

you stayin' in the Cobra club?
I'll be hanging around. ;) I got a few Snakes to hunt down some day. :D

The Focus is well, a Focus! It has very nice manners on turns and twisties, but you have to keep the RPM up or the thing doesn't have enough power to get out of it's own way. ;) HOWEVER, as said earlier, a turbo would definitely help cure that problem and would make it very competitive to the Snakes in anything short of 1/4 mile straights, although there ARE some Focii running 12 sec. 1/4's!

Jodi is going back to the doctor tomorrow. Hopefully, he will have good news.

winddysvt
11-19-2003, 06:45 PM
Heh, in that case, I would have held out for a Mach. ;)

===========

how come you didn't?

just curious.....

Ken 01-Cobra
11-20-2003, 12:31 AM
Originally posted by winddysvt
===========

how come you didn't?

just curious.....
Simple...cost.