PDA

View Full Version : Roll Bars and Cages

03RedCobra
11-17-2003, 11:57 PM
Anyone here in the group had a Roll-bar or Roll-cage installed into their '03 Cobras ?? I was thinking about having one installed sometime into my car. I don't have any engine Mods, except for the CAI kit, because I want it to break in quite well to be able to take full advantage of the Warranty. But, I figured that I would start on the Mods that wouldn't tend to mess with the warranty too much. Do you guys, and gals, think that installing a bar or cage would mess with much of the warranty ??

Also, I don't know where to go to get one installed. I would like to have it custom done, so that they can make it "hug" the car, versus sitting out quite a ways from the wall like with the pre-fab bars.

I'm thinking about getting a full-cage installed rather than just a 6-point bar right now. Mainly because within the next few years I want to have my baby running down into the 9 second range as well, so figure that it would be cost-worthy to get an NHRA approved cage right away. If you are below 10-second do you have to have an 8-point or 10-point cage ?? I know that a 6-point is required if you are running less than 12 seconds.