PDA

View Full Version : *** Photo-shoot Contest ***

Scott 96Cobra
11-18-2003, 04:42 PM
Hey everybody ......

I spoke with Tony and some of the mods, and together we are going to launch a PHOTO-SHOOT CONTEST.

This will be 3 separate contests (1 a month) for the months of Dec/Jan/Feb.

This is how it will work.

At the beginning of each month I will post the THEME of the month. If you choose to enter, you must submit a picture with that THEME in mind!

You will submit your entry to Tom Crews. Tom will them post each image in the Moderators forum and the Moderators will vote on a winner (because of this reason moderators can not enter). We will announce the winner at the end of each month.

Is there a Prize???

Yes .... I will award the winner each month with a set of Stainless Bumper Letters AND Build numbers. If you already have them you can give them away to someone else or sell them.

The RULES:

One entry per month per person.

YOU must have taken the picture yourself.

NO Professional photographers please.

You can check back in or around December 1st and find out the THEME of the month for December!

Thanks everyone!

Ken 01-Cobra
11-18-2003, 06:06 PM
Cool idea Scott! :thumbsup:

spittincobra01
11-30-2003, 12:55 AM
I'm in, where do we check in to find out the theme? or will Tony mention it in the weekly newsletter?

Scott 96Cobra
11-30-2003, 11:41 AM
Originally posted by spittincobra01
I'm in, where do we check in to find out the theme? or will Tony mention it in the weekly newsletter?

It's a separate post in the lounge

spittincobra01
11-30-2003, 12:33 PM
yeah I found it right after posting that. thanks Scott

97CasperCobra
12-30-2003, 11:40 AM
Know what the Jan theme and due date is going to be??? I need to start getting ideas. :thumbsup:

Scott 96Cobra
12-30-2003, 02:16 PM
Originally posted by 97CasperCobra
Know what the Jan theme and due date is going to be??? I need to start getting ideas. :thumbsup:

As soon as Tom posts the winner for December, I'll make a new post on the January contest theme!

I don't know about down there, but it is raining in Toronto today .... Hmmmmm

97CasperCobra
02-02-2004, 07:07 PM
Let us know the Feb theme...I figure I might as well enter this contest before it's over. :thumbsup:

Scott 96Cobra
02-02-2004, 07:36 PM
Well Cas .....

We decided not to have a Feb. contest. The responce has been SO small - it's really been very disappointing.

A guy tries to give away well over a hundred bucks worth of merchandize and then to get such a small response is very sad.

Perhaps everyone is just too busy to take pics or look for pics to send. Hmmm, maybe we'll do it again sometime.

spittincobra01
02-02-2004, 07:59 PM
Scott,
maybe if you did the contest at a time when everyone has the chance to go out and take pics you would have the response you're looking for. just about 1/2 of the members of this club live up north where we have to put our cars away for the winter... for me, it's not like I could have taken my car out of the garage and washed it, then taken a few pics with it only being an average of +18 degrees since Jan 1st. the warmest day was 41 degrees back on Jan4th. and for the past 3 weeks it has been between -20 and +25 degrees... not very water friendly. Nor was I able to go out and take reflection pics in December with salt on the roads.

to us northerners a contest like water wetter in January is almost as fair as asking for pics of cobra's in the snow to a guy in Florida in August.:eek:

97CasperCobra
02-02-2004, 08:55 PM
Originally posted by Scott 96Cobra
Well Cas .....

We decided not to have a Feb. contest. The responce has been SO small - it's really been very disappointing.

:( sorry to hear, then again I was so stoked for this contest and I didn't do my part. :( :(

Maybe we'll pick it up again in the summer. :thumbsup:

Scott 96Cobra
02-02-2004, 10:11 PM
Scott,
maybe if you did the contest at a time when everyone has the chance to go out and take pics you would have the response you're looking for. just about 1/2 of the members of this club live up north where we have to put our cars away for the winter... for me, it's not like I could have taken my car out of the garage and washed it, then taken a few pics with it only being an average of +18 degrees since Jan 1st. the warmest day was 41 degrees back on Jan4th. and for the past 3 weeks it has been between -20 and +25 degrees... not very water friendly. Nor was I able to go out and take reflection pics in December with salt on the roads.

to us northerners a contest like water wetter in January is almost as fair as asking for pics of cobra's in the snow to a guy in Florida in August.:eek:

I figured people would have pictures already to go! I guess I assumed folks have 12000 images of thier cars on file like I do. I could have entered all thoase and mine is off the road from Oct. till April.

There are many many many cars in the deep south (near Tony) - still no feed-back from them :(

I just wanted to fill a void during the winter months - people are busy in the summer - know what I mean?

spittincobra01
02-02-2004, 10:22 PM
I just wanted to fill a void during the winter months - people are busy in the summer - know what I mean?

good idea, great prizes, just bad timing. Unfortunately for me, my computer died in August of last year and I lost the majority of my pics from this years "good season". I have old ones backed up on cd, but none like you were asking for. Besides, my old digital camera didn't do so hot with outside pics.

I can't speak for the lack of interest down south. Frankly I would be discouraged in that dept too. but the people I know would love to enter these comps are limited durring the off season. I could list about a dozen people that love to take nice pics of their cars... especailly when someone "dictates" the pose or shots.

seriously, give it a shot sometime around May and see what happens.

Scott 96Cobra
02-03-2004, 07:45 AM
OK - will do :)

97whitevert
02-03-2004, 08:45 PM
good- cuz i need some goodies-- course i haven't used my discount coupon yet....:eek: :eek:

scott- you gonna make it down this way again anytime soon?

Scott 96Cobra
02-03-2004, 10:14 PM
Originally posted by 97whitevert
good- cuz i need some goodies-- course i haven't used my discount coupon yet....:eek: :eek:

scott- you gonna make it down this way again anytime soon?

No, not any time soon! Furthest south for me this year looks like Norwalk in July. Not counting Cuba in May - guess you wouldn't know what that's like :D:D

97whitevert
02-04-2004, 06:10 PM
Originally posted by Scott 96Cobra
No, not any time soon! Furthest south for me this year looks like Norwalk in July. Not counting Cuba in May - guess you wouldn't know what that's like :D:D yeah just a bit difficult to visit cuba...Had a chance in a teacher exchange one summer though. I think I should have done it.oh well.

spittincobra01
02-04-2004, 06:31 PM
I've been to Costa Rica, but no Cuba. I don't think Fidel Castro and I would get along too well:eek:

Although the coffee isn't bad there:D

Scott 96Cobra
02-04-2004, 08:06 PM
I've been to Costa Rica, but no Cuba. I don't think Fidel Castro and I would get along too well:eek:

Although the coffee isn't bad there:D

Heh .... not to mention the Cigars .... several friends of mine BEG me to bring them "Cuban's" when I come south. We can buy them everywhere here!

spittincobra01
02-05-2004, 12:28 AM
I was going to bring some cuban cigars home for a few friends but I was told I couldn't bring them thru customs....?

Scott 96Cobra
02-05-2004, 07:16 AM
I was going to bring some cuban cigars home for a few friends but I was told I couldn't bring them thru customs....?

For personal use you can no problem - you can't bring them by the "boxes" as it is obviously commercial!

They can't hassle you about 6-10 though!

spittincobra01
02-05-2004, 03:53 PM
that is all I was going to bring home, but the ari line told me not to enen bring them to the airport. I sold them for what I paid for them at the hotel:(

Firme
02-05-2004, 04:06 PM
I had heard that they are not illegal to own, just illegal to buy and sell... thats what I heard though..

97CasperCobra
02-06-2004, 12:25 AM
Originally posted by Firme
I had heard that they are not illegal to own, just illegal to buy and sell... thats what I heard though..

So one of Ya'll Great White North guys send me some cigars and I'll buy you a few mods....eh??

otherwise next time I see you I'll be saying....."take off you hoser!!!" :D

spittincobra01
02-06-2004, 11:22 AM
lol Mike.

I would gladly trade with ya, but I don't see me going back any time soon :(