PDA

View Full Version : The SVO formerly known as Black...

NO 5 OH
11-20-2003, 06:36 AM
Several of you heard about my bad luck earlier this fall at Tony's by me explaining that I had managed to wreck not one... but both of my Mustangs. The Cobra was fixed and has been back out on the road for some time... but the SVO is another story.

I'm currently in the process of restoring the car while fixing it as well... the body shop owner let me bring the car over and work on it myself. I thought this was a blessing in disquise... until I started sanding :doubt: I've pretty much figured out that he's letting me do this to teach me a lesson in "Body Shop, 101."

Here is a pic of the car stripped to the bare metal... with some suspension goodies visable from John's favorite suspension manufacturer ;) ;)

Shannon

johnbasf
11-20-2003, 06:04 PM
That's a great way to lighten a car up!! :thumbsup:

NO 5 OH
11-21-2003, 02:13 AM
Originally posted by johnbasf
That's a great way to lighten a car up!! :thumbsup:

Oh you should see the interior... or rather what's left of it John. If Tom saw pictures of the inside he'd start formulating a plan: "Shannon, your car really needs a rollcage if you plan on tracking it" ;) ;)

The caster/camber plates are slightly visable... the strut tower brace is hard to miss. I'm hoping it will work with the 2.3L and the intercooler piping that I'll have to run/fabricate. The parts that you can't see are a four point k-member brace, rear lower control arms, center drilled aluminum rack bushings, H & R sport springs... and the full length subframe connectors (not yet installed). I spent a lot of time redoing the front suspension in replacing bushings, etc. It looked really pretty before I started sanding :D

I hope to have this thing finished by the start of the new year.

Shannon

Corner-Carver
12-12-2003, 11:47 AM
Originally posted by NO 5 OH
I thought this was a blessing in disquise... until I started sanding :doubt: I've pretty much figured out that he's letting me do this to teach me a lesson in "Body Shop, 101."

Here is a

I'm in the same boat. Mine's part primer gray and part... I don't know what color you call it, sun faded metallic rose pink. The car has been sitting so long, I know my ZERO miles Yoko AVS's are flat spotted. I keep spinning the wheels around to hopefully prevent the flat spotting.

Note to self:

Don't start on a car then start redoing the interior of your house.;)