PDA

View Full Version : Austin Cruise '04 March 27-28 (CRUISE ROUTE UPDATE 3/20) You can BOOK Rooms NOW!!!

Firme
11-20-2003, 11:04 PM
Ok guys and gals..

The South Central Region of SCMC will be having out 2nd annual Austin Cruise March 27th-28th. Groups from Houston, Dallas, and any other City that would like to attend will cruise (meeting along the way) to Austin and spend the night of the 27th at the Radisson Hotel. On Sunday 28th, after checkout and some food, we will cruise back to our respective Cities. We hope you can join us.

Date: March 27-28th

*****BRING YOUR TALKABOUTS*****

=========================
HOTEL INFO:

$95 flat rate (singles and doubles)
Room cut off date: March 5th (this is our gauranteed reserved rooms date, after that, its subject to availabiltity and if they are nice enough to give you the group rate)

Radisson Hotel & Suites Austin
111 EAST CESAR CHAVEZ STREET
AUSTIN, TX 78701
(512) 478-9611

Tell them you are with THE COBRA CLUB to get the group rate
=========================

Those who have made reservations already:
Edmond
Stan
Larry
Phil
Carl
Jim & Jackie
blacksnake
Dan (not staying Saturday night)
Bart
Henry
coleman (in the process of making reservatoins)
Mike K.
Sherri
Christine
redlinedesire
raven69david
Richard S.
Kim
nastystrike
+ a handful of people that are meeting us at the Austin HEB (number unknown)

Cities attending the cruise:
Houston
Dallas
San Antonio

if you would like to cruise in from your city, or join others cruising from your city, please PM me

Meeting spot, driving route, and activities agenda :

Saturday morning (8:30 a.m.), the Houston crew will depart from 290 and 1960 and straight shot to Austin MAP (http://maps.yahoo.com/pdd?ed=5qZHWuV.wimX5LAjrdZ8UmcitnLsuCu69q_Rcra7dC9OcoyrPslXlHtYEjvJae.3iWg8Vn1KvsS1K0Nkeqa517ddX4LaI HJd.q5oTuTZtgWamFUltgAT3jl39K8nnveh&name=&csz=Houston%2C+TX+77065-4001&desc=&country=US&tname=H+E+B+Foods&tcsz=Austin%2C+TX+78726-4539&tdesc=%28512%29+336-7706&tcountry=US&tbt=0&ds=n&rkey=iqm1WuR32XWYXvuvkuPWoX12BzeQOzKiHoPIjCijWLGyW79GZImLrxSl5UbTNCBwtmECJCuuzBIihpXllI6_wpYSMVPR5wj u0eLoNG6t2T_Z1V_ZSsoYQ6S00UK2JA--&om=6&textonly=0&oerr=&terr=&mag=6) , cruising. Once we get to Austin, we will meet up with other people comming in from different cities, (and hopefully some Austin people can meet us also)

HERE ARE THE PLANS:
OK here are the final plans of meeting and cruising spots. I would like to thank Matt, (96MysticSVT) for all his help and expertise on to do's in Austin:

The Houston Crew will pull into Austin a little after noon to the meeting spot. We will grab a quick bite if needed and freshen up. By the time we are done, it will be time to head out for the Cruise at 1:15.

The Meeting spot in Austin:
HEB at the corner of HWY 620 and HWY 2222
The Address is:
HEB
7301 Ranch Road 620 N
Austin Tx 78726

There is a few place to eat by HEB. McDonalds, Subway, Pizaa, Starbucks for the coffee junkies (Like me), and a BBQ Place called Smokey J's.

The Cruise:
at 1:15 we will start the cruise, heading to Marble Falls.
We will take 1431 to Marble Falls stopping at the Sonic there. We can freshen up, get a drink or some Ice Cream, and everyone can get to meet each other, mingle and get some pictures. We will then take Hwy 71 back to Austin which is a straight shot and check into the radisson probably around 4.
And get ready for dinner at the Mezzaluna around 7:30.

Mezzaluna
Address: 310 Colorado St, Austin, TX 78701

Sunday:
Plan and route to be posted soon. Those who don't have to get back to town early can come take the scenic route back to Houston.

Sunday, checkout is by Noon, so we can grab some breakfast and head back to Houston(or your respective City) and will find some back roads to go through and stop somewhere nice to eat, then the Dallas folks can split off an go their way and the Houston people can continue to Houston :thumbsup:

Last year we had our Austin Cruise on March 08-09.
http://www.svtmustangcobraclub.com/imgs/AusCrs0303/index.htm
we had a blast, and got to party on 6th street.

03 cobra toy
11-22-2003, 08:23 AM
I'm in! TEA please..........:rotf:

Andy M
11-23-2003, 08:41 PM
Ok, I don't remember what happened last year to make me miss this, but next year, I will TRY hard to make it?!! that just sounds like a blast!!

I am tentatively in. I cannot commit until we get a firm date... will need to schedule with my social coordinator?!:rolleyes:

Carl G
11-25-2003, 09:22 PM
Man, I dont want to miss this cruise, count me in! I will have motor working one way or the other by then. Looking forward to it!!!!

webgirlsarefun
12-05-2003, 03:14 PM
Sounds like a blast!

Dana

Andy M
12-14-2003, 08:35 PM
At the present time, this date looks fine to me... however, I will need to check with my social coordinator to see if I can get a hall pass for that weekend??...

Carl G
12-15-2003, 08:36 PM
I am for sure going now, engine is under repair as we speak. Cant wait:bounce: :bounce: :thumbsup:

blacksnake
01-23-2004, 07:49 PM
I can bring it up at our next meeting on Feb. 10th. I seem to remember someone else mentioning it at our last meeting, so I think there is some interest other than me :p I have been a member of the SCMC for a while now but haven't been able to get out to meet you guys yet. Maybe a post on the Texas regional forums at SVT Performance might help as I know several of our members check out that board. I will be in for sure. Is there someplace we can try to meet up along the way? Giddings maybe? that's kind outta the way now that I look at it on a map, but anything to get out :thumbsup:

Firme
01-23-2004, 08:05 PM
Originally posted by blacksnake
I can bring it up at our next meeting on Feb. 10th. I seem to remember someone else mentioning it at our last meeting, so I think there is some interest other than me :p I have been a member of the SCMC for a while now but haven't been able to get out to meet you guys yet. Maybe a post on the Texas regional forums at SVT Performance might help as I know several of our members check out that board. I will be in for sure. Is there someplace we can try to meet up along the way? Giddings maybe? that's kind outta the way now that I look at it on a map, but anything to get out :thumbsup:

I will try to get some map together and talk over with some people this Tuesday at starbucks and find a good place to meet. Distance won't be that big a deal since its a cruise, and driving is fun :D

AustinSVT
01-28-2004, 04:45 PM
hey guys, are y'all planning on meeting up with any locals here in the austin area? ( www.austinareastangs.com )

Firme
01-28-2004, 05:41 PM
Originally posted by TXSVTLIGHTNING
hey guys, are y'all planning on meeting up with any locals here in the austin area? ( www.austinareastangs.com )

we are hoping to.. the more the merrier... you guys wanna hook up?

svt tam
01-30-2004, 07:31 AM
i'm in. anybody wanna share a room?

93KingCobra
02-08-2004, 11:33 PM
This sounds like a lot of fun I sure would like to go. You can count me in plus 1 maybe.:D

Firme
02-09-2004, 01:02 AM
alright the contract is finallized for the Hotel, everyone can call and reserve a room ( I believe you have a bunch of different options for what type) and tell them you are with The Cobra Club.

The rest of the info is in the first post. :thumbsup:

Topless In Tex
02-09-2004, 01:10 AM
hey guys..... (and girls) ;)
I will have to check out that date again.... I think that Steve will be out on the ship at that time. He's gone now for 3 on and 3 off for the next 2 years, unless something permanant comes up here in Houston for a job....

as far as myself, my car has had nothing but problems... and I'm having a hard time coming up w/ the cash to fix it all. I have ALOT of heavy financial burdens weighing on me at this point, that I will be lucky to make it thru Feb. and March.... not to mention I know I will have to owe the IRS God knows how much.....

Also, I forsee many miles being put on her, and till I can get a handle on trying to get my problems fixed with my Stang, and doing the necessary things that need to be done to it just to keep her 'healthy' and the best that she can be at this piont, I"m a bit leary right now...... :(

I will keep it in mind though.... If there is any chance that I might be able to swing it, and If I am comfortable, and confidant that my car is in good enough shape to make it..I will try my best. Just hard to say at this point. If I did go, I'd be interested in sharing a room w/ someone if anyone is game.
Lemme know....

:banana:TNT:banana:

Bartman01
02-10-2004, 05:51 PM
Just an FYI - the restraunt we ate at last year has changed. It's now called Landhaus Bar & Grill and they serve "country-dining. Seafood, steaks & pasta. Homemade deserts". Haven't eaten there yet, but if Karen has her way we will be in Round Top sometime this month.

Carl G
02-10-2004, 06:11 PM
Originally posted by Bartman01
Just an FYI - the restraunt we ate at last year has changed. It's now called Landhaus Bar & Grill and they serve "country-dining. Seafood, steaks & pasta. Homemade deserts". Haven't eaten there yet, but if Karen has her way we will be in Round Top sometime this month.

Sounds like some good eats to me:thumbsup:

Firme
02-10-2004, 06:31 PM
that place ware really nice and peaceful

Firme
02-10-2004, 08:52 PM
oh... and please post if you made a reservation :D :thumbsup:

Levi
02-11-2004, 10:39 AM
Reservation done. :cool:

Firme
02-11-2004, 11:40 AM
Originally posted by Levi
Reservation done. :cool:

:thumbsup: me too :D

97CasperCobra
02-12-2004, 12:26 AM
Originally posted by Bartman01
but if Karen has her way we will be in Round Top sometime this month.

Let me know, maybe we'll meet you there. :thumbsup:

Originally posted by Firme

will do once I have a credit/debit card handy. :(

ALL THOSE INTERESTED IN GOING:
we're trying to make this a TEXAS event by getting some groups from Dallas, San Antonio and anywhere else to come out with us. Looks like we'll have some join us from Dallas already. :thumbsup:

Dano
02-12-2004, 05:47 AM
I plan on being there, from Cibolo, Tx (I-35 & Garden Ridge area). I work like from 11:00 at night to 3:00 in the morning, so I may drive up each day (I may be on auto pilot:D ). I know, "It's only four hours!" I just can't find the time & will to sleep. When I finally crash, I just hope I'm not on I-35 LOL.

Dan

Dano
02-12-2004, 05:53 AM
What the heck is everyone doing up this late (early?)? While I was typing my reply, there must have been 8 other replies that beat me to the Board ...:eek:

Dan

Firme
02-12-2004, 07:08 AM
Originally posted by Dano
I plan on being there, from Cibolo, Tx (I-35 & Garden Ridge area). I work like from 11:00 at night to 3:00 in the morning, so I may drive up each day (I may be on auto pilot:D ). I know, "It's only four hours!" I just can't find the time & will to sleep. When I finally crash, I just hope I'm not on I-35 LOL.

Dan

Dan, it will be nice to meet you. If you want, I can PM you my cell phone # and you can get ahold of me when you are headed in so we can meet up. Oh, and no crashing on I-35..

Dano
02-12-2004, 10:41 AM
Firme
Thanks for the offer. When we get a little closer to the Cruise date, I'll get in touch ...

Dan

97CasperCobra
02-12-2004, 12:35 PM
Firme
Thanks for the offer. When we get a little closer to the Cruise date, I'll get in touch ...

Dan

Glad you found your way over here from SVTP Dan. Hope to see ya in a month or so. :thumbsup:

blacksnake
02-12-2004, 04:02 PM
Well I brought up the cruise the other night at our STVOA meeting. Unfortunately, I didn't get many positive responses since our club will be doing a cruise over to Lost Maples on Sunday the 28th. I will still probably try to meet you guys, but I will be getting up early on Sunday to meet up with the SVTOA group.

Anyone feel like a cruise to Lost Maples with us before you go back to Houston? :D Austin folks are welcome to come down as well.

97CasperCobra
02-12-2004, 04:14 PM
Anyone feel like a cruise to Lost Maples with us before you go back to Houston?

Ouch...that's about a 3 hour drive West of Austin past SA. Not sure if we'd be up for it as it'd make it about a 5 hour drive back home for a lot of us. Here's the map:
Map (http://maps.yahoo.com/dd_result?ed=9UaXbeV.wikaz0CST1sUqTpzGW2.shCBjw--&csz=Austin%2C+TX&country=us&tcsz=Vanderpool%2C+TX+78885-8510&tcountry=us)

blacksnake
02-12-2004, 04:19 PM
Originally posted by 97CasperCobra
Ouch...that's about a 3 hour drive West of Austin past SA...

Yeah, I figured that would be a long shot for you Houston guys. I thought I'd just throw out the invite just in case. :thumbsup:

Levi
02-12-2004, 05:13 PM
Yeah, I figured that would be a long shot for you Houston guys. I thought I'd just throw out the invite just in case. :thumbsup:

Thanks for the invite.

Last year Andy M talked about they did a road trip west of Austin along some back roads. Sounded like they had a really good time. Maybe we could do something like this late in the year.

coleman
02-12-2004, 10:27 PM
i know some awesome roads in NW austin to go driving around :)
well, unless things have changed in the last few years...

i remember a winding twisting road that seemed like 10 miles for only 2 miles on the map :D

Firme
02-12-2004, 10:39 PM
Originally posted by coleman
i know some awesome roads in NW austin to go driving around :)
well, unless things have changed in the last few years...

i remember a winding twisting road that seemed like 10 miles for only 2 miles on the map :D

sweeet :thumbsup:

we will have to discuss that one ;)

coleman
02-12-2004, 10:49 PM
spicewood springs road :thumbsup:
loop 620 :)
awesome hill country to drive around...

Firme
02-18-2004, 05:06 PM
http://www.svtmustangcobraclub.com/imgs/smilies/poke.gif #1

Alright people... don't forget, the room reservation gaurantee cutoff is March 5th... lets not wait till last minute to reserve the rooms..:D

each person(group) getting a room needs to call in and make their own reservations...

Twice Bitten
02-18-2004, 06:45 PM
Room is reserved, now I need to figure out what Cobra to take:D :thumbsup: :bounce: :burnout: :flash:

93KingCobra
02-18-2004, 06:55 PM
Room is reserved, But I only have one Cobra to take:drool: I can't wait !!!!

Carl G
02-18-2004, 07:09 PM
Originally posted by Twice Bitten
Room is reserved, now I need to figure out what Cobra to take:D :thumbsup: :bounce: :burnout: :flash:

Thats a tough problem to have:thumbsup:

Carl G
02-18-2004, 07:19 PM
Room is reserved, Cant wait to get that 03 back on the road. Not much longer:D :thumbsup: :thumbsup: :burnout:

97CasperCobra
02-18-2004, 07:40 PM

Why not bring BOTH!!! :thumbsup:

JBoden
02-18-2004, 09:02 PM
Just cleared our calendar - Jackie and I are in and will make the hotel reservation tonight.

Twice Bitten
02-18-2004, 09:19 PM
I can only drive one car at a time:(

97CasperCobra
02-18-2004, 09:44 PM
I can only drive one car at a time:(

You have a wife and a little more than a month to teach her how to drive HER car. :p

Twice Bitten
02-18-2004, 10:18 PM
Are you forgetting, the beast is getting bigger cams as we speak:D It would be safer to let her drive the R, but then she would loose her hearing with the new exhuast thats's on there:(

Carl G
02-19-2004, 07:30 AM
Are you forgetting, the beast is getting bigger cams as we speak:D It would be safer to let her drive the R, but then she would loose her hearing with the new exhuast thats's on there:(

Yea, I am getting the like new old ones, Im off to kill some quail, see you guys next week.

Twice Bitten
02-19-2004, 02:33 PM
Quail-ummmm tasty :D

Firme
02-25-2004, 10:59 AM
http://www.svtmustangcobraclub.com/imgs/smilies/poke.gif #2

ONLY 10 days left for guaranteed rooms deadline

Make sure to let me know if you made your reservations and I don't have you down on the list of the first post. Don't forget to mention you are with the group when you call the Hotel.

===========================

alright, we have come up with a route game plan.

Saturday morning (8:30 a.m.), the Houston crew will depart from 290 and 1960 and straight shot to Austin, cruising. Once we get to Austin, we will meet up with other people comming in from different cities, (and hopefully some Austin people can meet us also) we will grab a bite for lunch, and then we will proceed to do a cruise W by NW of Austin, and head back to Austin when everyone is cruised out. Check into the hotel and chill out till dinner. After dinner, for those interested, we will head to 6th street.

Sunday, checkout is by Noon, so we can grab some breakfast and head back to Houston(or your respective City) and go through Bastrop and Round Top, stopping in Round Top, to eat at Landhous. After that, Those going to Dallas can split north, and the Houston Crew can head east.
:thumbsup:

blacksnake
02-25-2004, 06:56 PM
OK, I pulled the trigger and made our reservation. I'm not sure if there are going to be any more people from San Antonio going but if there are let me know and maybe we can cruise up together. What time do you Houston guys think you will be arriving on Saturday? I want to try to get there around the same time to join up for the Austin hill country cruise.

Firme
02-25-2004, 06:58 PM
OK, I pulled the trigger and made our reservation. I'm not sure if there are going to be any more people from San Antonio going but if there are let me know and maybe we can cruise up together. What time do you Houston guys think you will be arriving on Saturday? I want to try to get there around the same time to join up for the Austin hill country cruise.

I would image around between 12 and 1. Depends on departure time ( last year we had some people show up real late).

I will email you my cell phone # so that we can keep in touch that day.

Edmond

JBoden
02-25-2004, 09:32 PM
Love the route - sounds fabulous. Same parking lot to meet ?

97CasperCobra
02-25-2004, 11:49 PM
I'm not sure if there are going to be any more people from San Antonio going but if there are let me know and maybe we can cruise up together.

there ARE more SA people going. I've gotten some SA peeps from SVTPerformance to come out....once it's back up i'll post the link. :thumbsup:

Firme
02-26-2004, 10:50 AM
Originally posted by 97CasperCobra
there ARE more SA people going. I've gotten some SA peeps from SVTPerformance to come out....once it's back up i'll post the link. :thumbsup:

Mike, please encourage them to sound off in this thread, of tell you to do so on their behalf, if they are going, that way we can have a central list of who is going

Topless In Tex
03-01-2004, 02:37 AM
I know I will kick myself in the ass if I dont go.......:mad:
I was thinking I would not, cuz of the miles/expense.... and if I did go, I was thinking maybe I would just ride w/ Sherri if she went, then I got to thinking.... I will HATE myself If I dont bring my car! And ya'll would have to listen to me WHINE all weekend about me not having my car...... :rolleyes:

Sherri, if you want to go and share a room with me, I will be game. But, I might have to take my car. Maybe I can get my tune up before then. I dunno.... otherwise, if you wanna go, and I dont feel up to taking her, I'll be your co-pilot. I am gonna be working more this month, and hopefully get some things paid.
so.....guess thats my status for now..... lemme know if you are interested. Okay??????? :cool:
:banana:TNT :banana:

Dano
03-01-2004, 04:27 AM
I plan on driving up Sat morning for the cruise, but have to come back Sat (go to work at 11: P.M.).
I know of atleast two others from the SVT Performance Forum that are planning on going. As time nears, we'll get together and form a travel plan ...

Dan

http://users2.ev1.net/~w8368/cbar7d.jpg

Firme
03-01-2004, 06:58 AM
I hope you go Christine!!! :thumbsup:

I plan on driving up Sat morning for the cruise, but have to come back Sat (go to work at 11: P.M.).
I know of atleast two others from the SVT Performance Forum that are planning on going. As time nears, we'll get together and form a travel plan ...

Dan

That sounds good Dan, sorry you gotta work Saturday night, but glad you can make hte cruise. If the others comming with you are staying at the hotel, let me know and I will put them on the list.

Edmond

Dano
03-01-2004, 08:47 AM
Firme

I'll put out a post on the SVT Performance Forum right now ...

Dan

Twice Bitten
03-03-2004, 10:40 PM
01/03 Cobra toy(:tomcat: ) I will bring both cars if your wife will go. She can ride with my wife, and I will drive the loud one:flash: :thumbsup: :bounce:

97CasperCobra
03-03-2004, 10:56 PM
01/03 Cobra toy, I will bring both cars if your wife will go. She can ride with my wife, and I will drive the loud one

and if ya come I'll buy the first round of Ice Teas....:banana:

93KingCobra
03-04-2004, 11:48 PM
23 MORE DAYS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :bounce: untill :djsmile: :burnout: A couple of drinks and some good times!!

Bartman01
03-05-2004, 12:02 AM
My room is reserved.

Mephisto
03-05-2004, 09:54 AM
I am in. Hotel Confrimed. Wife is questionable.

coleman
03-05-2004, 01:11 PM
last day ... i'll make my reservation today.

JBoden
03-05-2004, 08:42 PM
Outstanding Coleman !!!!! - it will be good to see that screamin yellow snake again.

97CasperCobra
03-05-2004, 09:13 PM
Reservation made.....better late than never. :D

Firme
03-05-2004, 10:00 PM
CMON Gang, get those reservations made if you haven't yet...:thumbsup:

I can't wait :bounce:

coleman
03-05-2004, 10:57 PM
JBoden, it's zinc yellow unless you're refering to the kenne bell :thumbsup: cuz it does scream!

coleman
03-05-2004, 11:09 PM
ok, did it. double non-smoking & i'll bring as many other Dallas area 03/04 cobra owners :bounce:

msmap
03-05-2004, 11:42 PM
us girls are in :o

97CasperCobra
03-06-2004, 01:56 AM
Originally posted by msmap
us girls are in :o

:banana: got room for the margarita machine?? :thumbsup:

Topless In Tex
03-06-2004, 04:21 AM
OKAY.
Me and Sherri are in....and tune up or not, I'm bringing my Stang....if it breaks down. so be it... (I WILL HAVE TOOLS)
Steve agreed, I could use a little time out (veg time)..... She needs to be aired out.... I just turned over 122K last week. And have had nothing but problems....
Darrell fixed my major P/S leak, and we sprung another, but it is NOTHING compared to what I had!!!!n And, I owe Darrell a BUNCH of whatever he wants (Margaritas anyone?) .... I dont know what you did. BUT... I went for 3 weeks w/out checkin my fluid and it was good...i might have a little leak now, but, its NOTHING like I had ...THANK YOU for your help....Its holding a WHOLE lot better!

Edmond. Let us know where to meet u on Sat. You know i am directionally challenged....
btw: DAN MIGHT GO W/ US!!!! I hope so..... i want to get his sorry ass to give me a chance to drive his Shelby;lol...hes got a sister in Austin ....
:banana: TNT :banana:

Firme
03-06-2004, 01:00 PM
Originally posted by coleman
ok, did it. double non-smoking & i'll bring as many other Dallas area 03/04 cobra owners :bounce:

Sweet coleman, if some Dallas folks decide to come and spend the night, they can still call up the hotel and see if they can get in on the club deal, it will just be subject to availability, as after today our resolved blocked gaurantee will be released and its a free for all for the rooms...

Originally posted by Topless In Tex

Edmond. Let us know where to meet u on Sat. You know i am directionally challenged....
btw: DAN MIGHT GO W/ US!!!! I hope so..... i want to get his sorry ass to give me a chance to drive his Shelby;lol...hes got a sister in Austin ....
:banana: TNT :banana:

Glad you gals can make it, we will meet on Saturday morning at 8:30 a.m. ish at 290 and 1960 where we met up last year.

JBoden
03-06-2004, 07:59 PM
Firme, Did we get the same deal on the parking garage ? That was totally cool last year that they reserved an entire parking deck for our Cobras.

coleman
03-06-2004, 11:40 PM
wow. that would be awesome! we could all double park ... or tripple park :thumbsup:

redlinedesire
03-07-2004, 02:08 AM
ohhhhhhhhh yeah count me in . the girls talked me into it . hahahahahahahahahaha!!!!!!!!!1:teleport:

raven69david
03-11-2004, 12:43 AM
Reservation confirmed!!!

Topless In Tex
03-13-2004, 04:44 AM
ohhhhhhhhh yeah count me in . the girls talked me into it . hahahahahahahahahaha!!!!!!!!!1:teleport:

LOL....U R in for it now...mwwaahahhah!!!! LOL.... :eek:
just kidding. Glad to see u made it Tracy....lookin forward to cruisin and hanging out w/ you! Should be alot of fun...so....are ya gonna switch Stangs w/ me for the drive for a short leg? I'd be more than happy to let ya drive my Vertte, if I can drive your Cobra... lol :cool: just a thought. :thumbsup:
No pressure. Dont let me scare you off. lol

Firme
03-13-2004, 12:12 PM
T-minus two weeks. Any straglers that still wanna go, the hotel will still let you reserve rooms, there is just not a block reserved for us anymore, so its an availibility thing now.

Edmond

Topless In Tex
03-14-2004, 03:27 AM
I know its really too late to post this...but I went ahead and started to try to get motivated back on SCC....lol..... I did post this on our Club calender tonight. I have actually not even checked out our website in months. My own fault for slacking...but I'm trying to pick up the slack. I dont expect anyone to get back w/ me on this, but just wanted you to know that I got off my butt and put it on our club Calender. LOL Dont know if anyone else will join us..
see ya in 2 weeks.... ;)
I WILL have margaritas in tow. :cool:
:banana:TNT:banana:http://spacecitycruisers.com/calendar/calframe.htm

Firme
03-14-2004, 09:46 PM
CC :thumbsup: :drunk: :woot: :cheers:

93KingCobra
03-15-2004, 01:17 AM
So where are we meeting on Sat. 3/27 at 8:30? I know it is at 290 and 1960 but what is the landmark. I looked at all the threds but did not see anything.

Thanks

nastystrike
03-15-2004, 08:15 PM
OK, just called and they still have rooms at the $95 rate. I am booked. Look forward to seeing you there. Would like to meet with other San Antonio members Sat morning so we can cruise on up together.
Richard
San Antonio

97CasperCobra
03-15-2004, 08:18 PM
Would like to meet with other San Antonio members Sat morning so we can cruise on up together.
Richard
San Antonio

Good to see you're coming out Richard....though I've been told to watch out for your craziness by Mrs. Rolfes. :D I'm sure the SA people will be setting up a cruise to Austin....I can't wait to see everyone and the plethora of Cobras!! :thumbsup:

JBoden
03-15-2004, 09:42 PM
Wonderful to hear from you Richard - and it will be good to see you in Austin.
Ready for TWS again? :bounce: :bounce: :bounce: :bounce: :bounce:

msmap
03-15-2004, 09:52 PM
So where are we meeting on Sat. 3/27 at 8:30? I know it is at 290 and 1960 but what is the landmark. I looked at all the threds but did not see anything.

Thanks

Phillip, we are meeting at the BBQ resturant (I think it is a Texas Roadhouse) parking lot, next to the IHOP. It's closed at that time, so lots of room. IHOP is open if ya want to go early and grab some breakfast. There is also a Starbucks on the corner that you can walk to for coffee. You can enter the parking lot off of the feeder road from behind the buildings, on the southwest corner.

Firme
03-15-2004, 10:11 PM
Phil, like msmap said, the lot next to IHOPS

OK, just called and they still have rooms at the $95 rate. I am booked. Look forward to seeing you there. Would like to meet with other San Antonio members Sat morning so we can cruise on up together.
Richard
San Antonio

Richard, it will be nice to see you :thumbsup: glad you can make it. Hope there is a good turnout from San Antonio

93KingCobra
03-15-2004, 10:27 PM
Phillip, we are meeting at the BBQ resturant (I think it is a Texas Roadhouse) parking lot, next to the IHOP. It's closed at that time, so lots of room. IHOP is open if ya want to go early and grab some breakfast. There is also a Starbucks on the corner that you can walk to for coffee. You can enter the parking lot off of the feeder road from behind the buildings, on the southwest corner.

Thanks Sherri I'll be there. So How many cars are we planning on have for the cruise????

Firme
03-15-2004, 10:39 PM
... So How many cars are we planning on have for the cruise????

well we have 17 cars listed from the people that are staying at the hotel, and we also have a handful of people that are meeting us from Dallas/San Antonio (and whoever lives in Austin). That number is hard to speculate. So it could be alot :woooah: orr like 5 :scratch: either way, it will be a great cruise:thumbsup: :bounce:

96MysticSVT
03-16-2004, 11:10 AM
Hey if y'all do want to hook up with some local Mustangs when you are here in Austin, the best time/place (weather permitting) is Saturday night just before sundown at the Albertsons in Oak Hill. The store is on the West side of the intersection of HWY 71 West and HWY 290 West in Oak Hill (small town just south of Austin). Everyone parks down on the end of the lot farthest from the store. The Austin Area Stangs group is usually over on the side of the lot closest to Jim's.

Be safe on the trip here, and I hope we can hook up with y'all when you are here.:thumbsup:

MapQuest Directions to Albertson's (http://www.mapquest.com/maps/map.adp?country=US&address=7100+HIGHWAY+290+W&city=AUSTIN&state=TX&zipcode=78736)

Matt
96 Mystic Cobra #761

Firme
03-16-2004, 11:14 AM
Be safe on the trip here, and I hope we can hook up with y'all when you are here.:thumbsup:
Matt
96 Mystic Cobra #761

Hey Matt, thanks for the info and the offer. Let the locals know that we will be doind the hill country cruise and that they can meet up with us and do the cruise during the afternoon. :thumbsup:

96MysticSVT
03-16-2004, 11:40 AM
Hey Matt, thanks for the info and the offer. Let the locals know that we will be doind the hill country cruise and that they can meet up with us and do the cruise during the afternoon. :thumbsup:Thanks for the invite Firme, I'm definitely ALWAYS up for a cruise. I'll get the word out to some local people and see who else is interested. Do you have a meeting time/place in mind in Austin where we can hook up (I looked through the thread, but might have missed it if this info is here)?

Firme
03-16-2004, 01:12 PM
Thanks for the invite Firme, I'm definitely ALWAYS up for a cruise. I'll get the word out to some local people and see who else is interested. Do you have a meeting time/place in mind in Austin where we can hook up (I looked through the thread, but might have missed it if this info is here)?

well we have yet to nail down and exact time and meeting spot... but I hope to achieve that tonight as the starbucks get together

nastystrike
03-17-2004, 10:43 AM
Wonderful to hear from you Richard - and it will be good to see you in Austin.
Ready for TWS again? :bounce: :bounce: :bounce: :bounce: :bounce:
Look forward to seeing you guys again in Austin. Sounds like a fun cruise. As for TWS, from what I have read, it looks like I won't be able to run this year unless I install a roll bar. Still don't think I will do that to my car, at least not yet. That was a really fun time but the only time I have been on the track with this car. Anyway, see you later this month.

Mrs. Rolfes? Hmmmm....

Richard

LadyCobra01'
03-17-2004, 12:42 PM
Sounds like a blast! :bounce:

Kim

Topless In Tex
03-18-2004, 03:17 AM
I can't wait to see everyone and the plethora of Cobras!! :thumbsup:

and one lonely GT.... :(

msmap
03-18-2004, 09:09 AM

I'll bet that one lonely GT looks better than some in the plethora of Cobras :thumbsup: Hold your head up high :bounce:

Hi Kim :)

Firme
03-18-2004, 11:45 AM

you're gonna get all the attention being the unique one :thumbsup:

just don't pop the hood :eek: unless people are wearing the proper eye protection :cool: chroomin

Twice Bitten
03-18-2004, 07:24 PM
plethora? i like my plethora. :p

Topless In Tex
03-19-2004, 12:08 AM
awwwwwhhhhhhh thanks guys and gurls! :fordflag: Ya'll made me feel better! ;)

Hey, so far one of the guys from Mustang Life in Austin wants to hook up w/ us. I posted all the info. He wants to know where and when to meet us when we get there!!!!!!! :woot:
What should I tell him Edmond?????? His name is Sam, or 'Grabber Blue'. His Stang is a 1970 Fastback! :thumbsup:

Firme
03-19-2004, 08:44 AM
awwwwwhhhhhhh thanks guys and gurls! :fordflag: Ya'll made me feel better! ;)

Hey, so far one of the guys from Mustang Life in Austin wants to hook up w/ us. I posted all the info. He wants to know where and when to meet us when we get there!!!!!!! :woot:
What should I tell him Edmond?????? His name is Sam, or 'Grabber Blue'. His Stang is a 1970 Fastback! :thumbsup:

I will have an answer for you by Saturday, a couple of the Austin guys are on the case for finding a good meeting spot.

Edmond

96MysticSVT
03-19-2004, 09:54 AM
I will have an answer for you by Saturday, a couple of the Austin guys are on the case for finding a good meeting spot.

Edmond
Edmond, Have you received any of my PM's regarding the cruise route questions I have?? Those answers will help me suggest a meeting spot.

I have found a few people here in Austin who are interested in coming along as well (me included). Once I get final details on the meeting spot, I'll get the word out on a couple forums too.

Firme
03-19-2004, 10:21 AM
Edmond, Have you received any of my PM's regarding the cruise route questions I have?? Those answers will help me suggest a meeting spot.

I have found a few people here in Austin who are interested in coming along as well (me included). Once I get final details on the meeting spot, I'll get the word out on a couple forums too.

sure did bud :thumbsup: replies sent. :bounce: looking forward to seeing you and your friends.

Firme
03-20-2004, 06:14 PM
OK here are the final plans of meeting and cruising spots. I would like to thank Matt, (96MysticSVT) for all his help and expertise on to do's in Austin:

The Houston Crew will pull into Austin a little after noon to the meeting spot. We will grab a quick bite if needed and freshen up. By the time we are done, it will be time to head out for the Cruise at 1:15.

The Address is:
HEB
7301 Ranch Road 620 N
Austin Tx 78726

There is a few place to eat by HEB. McDonalds, Subway, Pizaa, Starbucks for the coffee junkies (Like me), and a BBQ Place called Smokey J's.

The Cruise:
We will take 1431 to Marble Falls stopping at the Sonic there. We can freshen up, get a drink or some Ice Cream, and everyone can get to meet each other, mingle and get some pictures. We will then take Hwy 71 back to Austin which is a straight shot and check into the radisson probably around 4.
And get ready for dinner at the brewery aron 7:30.

Sunday:
Plan and route to be posted soon. Those who don't have to get back to town early can come take the scenic route back to Houston.

Dano
03-21-2004, 10:58 AM
The Address is:
HEB
7301 Ranch Road 620 N
Austin Tx 78726

The Cruise:
And get ready for dinner at the brewery aron 7:30.

Sounds good ... Anyone in San Antonio wanting to hook up for the drive to Austin? I live near 3009 & I-35 (Northcliffe Golfcourse). Idea for breakfast - Abel's Diner, at 3009 & I-35. I can be contacted at:
w8368@ev1.net

Dan

Bartman01
03-21-2004, 11:25 AM
We need to change Sunday's lunch spot and route. This week is the big antique festival in Round Top and there will be no parking in town or for at least a mile or two out of town. The road will be at a stand still for several miles as well. Vendors line up for quite a ways outside of town, people will be trying to park/pull out, and the pedestrian traffic will be heavy.

We really don't want to try and stop there and I wouldn't recommend even trying to drive through there.

Firme
03-21-2004, 11:44 AM
We need to change Sunday's lunch spot and route. This week is the big antique festival in Round Top and there will be no parking in town or for at least a mile or two out of town. The road will be at a stand still for several miles as well. Vendors line up for quite a ways outside of town, people will be trying to park/pull out, and the pedestrian traffic will be heavy.

We really don't want to try and stop there and I wouldn't recommend even trying to drive through there.

YIKES, thanks for the heads up Bart, we will redue the plans for sunday. If your comming to starbucks Tuesday, we can discuess.

97CasperCobra
03-21-2004, 01:11 PM
This week is the big antique festival in Round Top

:bawling: Damn...I really wanted some German food. :( Guess we'll have to pick something else....if ya'll want to come through CS I know bunches of places. :thumbsup:

JBoden
03-21-2004, 01:17 PM
You're our savior Bart - I've been caught in the Round Top madness before and don't want to do it again - especially in the Cobra :thumbsup:

Bartman01
03-21-2004, 02:50 PM
Damn...I really wanted some German food.

You wouldn't have had any either way. The restaraunt from last year is under new mgmt and no longer serves German food.

I should be out Tuesday, since I am in town again.

97CasperCobra
03-21-2004, 02:52 PM
You wouldn't have had any either way. The restaraunt from last year is under new mgmt and no longer serves German food.

:mad: :edmond: :banghead: :chairshot :bawling: :tongue:

WTF!?!?!?! What's the point of calling it Landhaus Ramsey if they no longer serve German food??? :(

Thanks Bart....you've ruined my day. :p

Bartman01
03-21-2004, 03:41 PM
WTF!?!?!?! What's the point of calling it Landhaus Ramsey if they no longer serve German food???

They renamed it. It's no longer called Landhaus Ramsey. And they claim to serve European food, but it looked pretty southern flaired to me (blackend red fish with crawfish tails, ribeye steaks, etc.)

Don't worry, this is South Texas and one thing we have is plenty of good German places. Most of them are out I10 towards SA though.

Firme
03-21-2004, 07:46 PM
They renamed it. It's no longer called Landhaus Ramsey. And they claim to serve European food, but it looked pretty southern flaired to me (blackend red fish with crawfish tails, ribeye steaks, etc.)

Don't worry, this is South Texas and one thing we have is plenty of good German places. Most of them are out I10 towards SA though.

we will just have to find another place. And hey, we have San Antonio people with us, so if we go I-10, that's just long that we get to cruise with them.

Bart, if you got any suggestions, pm me :thumbsup:

msmap
03-21-2004, 10:58 PM
we will just have to find another place. And hey, we have San Antonio people with us, so if we go I-10, that's just long that we get to cruise with them. :thumbsup:

Maybe a San Antonio body would know of some neat place to eat in San Marcos or New Braunfels or abouts :)

Dano
03-21-2004, 11:08 PM
I've put out an E-mail to several San Antonio Cobra owners, trying to organize a "group drive." If it works out, I'll send our ETA. No feed-back yet.

Dan

Dano
03-22-2004, 04:43 AM
I've put out an E-mail to several San Antonio Cobra owners, trying to organize a "group drive." If it works out, I'll send our ETA. No feed-back yet.

Dan

Got one reply so far: "raven69david" will be in the group. :thumbsup:

nastystrike
03-22-2004, 02:57 PM
I plan on making the trip as well. Count me in.
Richard

Dano
03-22-2004, 06:12 PM
I plan on making the trip as well. Count me in.
Richard

I have three Richards ... my mail folders got screwed up temporarily.

NastyStrike, please E-mail me your name & E-mail - I'll send you the planned itinerary.

w8368@ev1.net

Dan

Dano
03-22-2004, 07:13 PM
Got one reply so far: "raven69david" will be in the group. :thumbsup:

The group I'm working with will have atleast 5, and maybe 7 Cobras coming from San Antonio. Still waiting for feedback from others ...

Firme
03-23-2004, 07:39 AM
The group I'm working with will have atleast 5, and maybe 7 Cobras coming from San Antonio. Still waiting for feedback from others ...

That is awesome Dano :thumbsup: great job. I can't wait wait to meet yall. It will be a fun cruise :bounce:

Dano
03-23-2004, 07:53 AM
Firme

I'm surprised too. Haven't heard anything from the "local" club. I think they have a group going too ...

96MysticSVT
03-23-2004, 12:04 PM
Firme

I'm surprised too. Haven't heard anything from the "local" club. I think they have a group going too ...
So far I only have 2 people who have committed to show up from Austin. Allot more were interested, but there is a car show in Waco, one here in Austin, and some are going to the track that day so I'm not having much luck getting response from people about coming. But I'm going to keep trying and see how many I can get the word out to.

97CasperCobra
03-23-2004, 12:14 PM
But I'm going to keep trying and see how many I can get the word out to.

Matt, you're doing an AWESOME job man. :thumbsup: I can't tell you how much we appreciate what you're doing and getting things straightened out in Austin for us. We just may have to make you a member. :D See ya Sat man......I love seeing Mystic's. :drool:

Firme
03-23-2004, 12:42 PM
So far I only have 2 people who have committed to show up from Austin. Allot more were interested, but there is a car show in Waco, one here in Austin, and some are going to the track that day so I'm not having much luck getting response from people about coming. But I'm going to keep trying and see how many I can get the word out to.

Thanks man, we really appreciate it. :thumbsup:

Dano
03-23-2004, 12:51 PM
Love that Mystic :eek: :bounce: :bounce: :eek:

LadyCobra01'
03-23-2004, 01:24 PM
Are we there yet?! :bounce:

Kim

Hi! Sherri & Christine!! :thumbsup:

Firme
03-23-2004, 03:42 PM
for those of you Austin, San Anotonio, or Dallas folk (even the Houston folks comming out to 290 n 1960), if you need to contact us for any reason...

my cell is
281 660 7347 :)

Dano
03-23-2004, 03:49 PM
:thumbsup: :bounce: :thumbsup:

97CasperCobra
03-23-2004, 04:07 PM
for those of you Austin, San Anotonio, or Dallas folk

Or College Station folk :p

Firme
03-23-2004, 04:20 PM
Or College Station folk :p

you already know my # :p you don't count :jk:

JBoden
03-23-2004, 07:35 PM
Don't forget to bring your Talk-Abouts radios with fresh batteries. :bounce:

97CasperCobra
03-23-2004, 07:54 PM
Don't forget to bring your Talk-Abouts radios with fresh batteries. :bounce:

Good point Jim......

For those who DON'T know, we all use the Motorola Talk-about radios. You can usually find a 2-pack at Best Buy for around $35. I'll bring 2 with me if someone wants to borrow one.

HERE (http://www.bestbuy.com/site/olspage.jsp?id=1064401651510&skuId=6071742&type=product) is a link. :thumbsup:

coleman
03-23-2004, 09:06 PM
BestBuy didn't have that model so I got some T5720s.
I hope those are compatible...

97CasperCobra
03-23-2004, 09:20 PM
BestBuy didn't have that model so I got some T5720s.
I hope those are compatible...

Those will work...just as long as they are Motorola they should be compatible with each other. :thumbsup:

dmalemodel
03-23-2004, 11:52 PM
Ill have my mods doen by then hopefully .. count me in.. ill see u guys at ihop

03 cobra toy
03-24-2004, 03:50 PM
:( Have Fun....

Firme
03-24-2004, 04:08 PM
:( Have Fun....

focker :edmond:

Topless In Tex
03-25-2004, 01:31 AM
Good point Jim......

For those who DON'T know, we all use the Motorola Talk-about radios. You can usually find a 2-pack at Best Buy for around $35. I'll bring 2 with me if someone wants to borrow one.

HERE (http://www.bestbuy.com/site/olspage.jsp?id=1064401651510&skuId=6071742&type=product) is a link. :thumbsup:

EDMOND! You still got that spare Talk -About?? Can I borrow it??? Lemme know, okay? ;) THANKS :thumbsup:

Hi Sherri and Kim.... :)
Sherri: me and Kim are figuring out our Strategy for the weekend. You might have company Friday evening to spend the night... :p I'll let ya know whats up when we figure it out, okay? :cool:

msmap
03-25-2004, 07:15 AM
EDMOND! You still got that spare Talk -About?? Can I borrow it??? Lemme know, okay? ;) THANKS :thumbsup:

Hi Sherri and Kim.... :)
Sherri: me and Kim are figuring out our Strategy for the weekend. You might have company Friday evening to spend the night... :p I'll let ya know whats up when we figure it out, okay? :cool:

Hi back at you, girl. Sounds good to me :bounce:

03sonicblueaus
03-25-2004, 11:17 AM
First of all I cant wait for you guys to get to the Austin area. I live in Lago Vista which is about halfway to Marble Falls. I know 3 routes to 1431 from the HEB parking lot. There is one where the first 45 minutes is traffic, there is one with a fairly cool drive that skirts around Lake Travis for a second, but is less curvey that option 3. The third option skirts around the lake for several miles. It goes through a small town called Volente. After Volente there are a dozen sets of 90 degree turns to negotiate, then we are in the clear. If any passenger is subject to motion sicness we can always go back to option 2. I can elaborate on any path. There also is a Sonic in lago Vista on 1431. It would be a good place to take a breather and regroup. Let me know if you want to stop there or want more dteailed route instructions.

97CasperCobra
03-25-2004, 11:25 AM
The third option skirts around the lake for several miles. It goes through a small town called Volente. After Volente there are a dozen sets of 90 degree turns to negotiate, then we are in the clear. If any passenger is subject to motion sicness we can always go back to option 2.

I think #3 sounds great. Thanks for your help and it's good to see other Austin Cobras coming out......I can't wait to see how big the turnout will be and the look on people faces when we roar by. :flash:

Twice Bitten
03-25-2004, 11:38 AM
OK...for those of us slow learners...what time are we meeting at Texas Roadhouse 290/1960? Spell it out for me and I'll do the metric conversion to be sure Larry and I are there on time. Rach :D

97CasperCobra
03-25-2004, 11:50 AM
OK...for those of us slow learners...what time are we meeting at Texas Roadhouse 290/1960?

Saturday morning (8:30 a.m.), the Houston crew will depart from 290 and 1960 and straight shot to Austin MAP (http://maps.yahoo.com/pdd?ed=5qZHWuV.wimX5LAjrdZ8UmcitnLsuCu69q_Rcra7dC9OcoyrPslXlHtYEjvJae.3iWg8Vn1KvsS1K0Nkeqa517ddX4LaI HJd.q5oTuTZtgWamFUltgAT3jl39K8nnveh&name=&csz=Houston%2C+TX+77065-4001&desc=&country=US&tname=H+E+B+Foods&tcsz=Austin%2C+TX+78726-4539&tdesc=%28512%29+336-7706&tcountry=US&tbt=0&ds=n&rkey=iqm1WuR32XWYXvuvkuPWoX12BzeQOzKiHoPIjCijWLGyW79GZImLrxSl5UbTNCBwtmECJCuuzBIihpXllI6_wpYSMVPR5wj u0eLoNG6t2T_Z1V_ZSsoYQ6S00UK2JA--&om=6&textonly=0&oerr=&terr=&mag=6) , cruising. Once we get to Austin, we will meet up with other people comming in from different cities, (and hopefully some Austin people can meet us also)

Uh-oh.....DOUBLE trouble :eek: :side:

Firme
03-25-2004, 11:52 AM
the Houston crew is meeting at 290/1960 @ 8:30

oh and like Jim said BRING YOUR TALKABOUTS

:jk:

93KingCobra
03-25-2004, 11:59 AM
oh and like Jim said BRING YOUR TALKABOUTS

:jk:[/QUOTE]

Going to go but some today so if someone needs one i'll have an extra 1.

Twice Bitten
03-25-2004, 12:14 PM
What good is a talkabout, I can't hear anything inside either car :D
What car should I bring? :D :D

96MysticSVT
03-25-2004, 12:22 PM
First of all I cant wait for you guys to get to the Austin area. I live in Lago Vista which is about halfway to Marble Falls. I know 3 routes to 1431 from the HEB parking lot. There is one where the first 45 minutes is traffic, there is one with a fairly cool drive that skirts around Lake Travis for a second, but is less curvey that option 3. The third option skirts around the lake for several miles. It goes through a small town called Volente. After Volente there are a dozen sets of 90 degree turns to negotiate, then we are in the clear. If any passenger is subject to motion sicness we can always go back to option 2. I can elaborate on any path. There also is a Sonic in lago Vista on 1431. It would be a good place to take a breather and regroup. Let me know if you want to stop there or want more dteailed route instructions.
03sonicblueaus, The route I have proposed to Firme is the Volente route (your route #3)
From HEB parking lot turn right onto 2222, cross over 620 onto Bullick Hollow Rd.
Continue on Bullick Hollow until it dead ends into FM2769(Volente).
Turn left onto FM2769 and continue on to Lime Creek Rd.
Turn Right onto Lime Creek Rd. and continue on to FM1431.

Minimum traffic, maximum fun route!!!!!:thumbsup: :bounce:

03sonicblueaus
03-25-2004, 01:19 PM
Cool, that is the route everyone takes when they buy their 180mph ninja bikes. What about the Lago Vista Sonic stop?

97CasperCobra
03-25-2004, 02:02 PM

Just be sure that the brand is Motorola.....they are all compatible with each other as long as it's a Motorola Talkabout. I'll have an extra one if someone needs to borrow one. :thumbsup:

Firme
03-25-2004, 03:20 PM
03sonicblueaus, The route I have proposed to Firme is the Volente route (your route #3)
...:thumbsup: :bounce:

that is the route we plan on taking is the #3 :thumbsup:

Cool, that is the route everyone takes when they buy their 180mph ninja bikes. What about the Lago Vista Sonic stop?

Hi 03sonicblueaus, :hello: are you gonna make it to the cruise? I thik we will play the Lago Vista Sonic stop by ear. If its gotten to where alot of poeple want to stop, we can, if not, we can rip on through to Marble Falls. Let us know if you are gonna make it and where you would like to meet.

JBoden
03-25-2004, 05:46 PM
Jackie and I have decided to have breakfast at the IHOP next door to the Roadhouse - be there at 7:30.

Anyone up for it ? ;)

Carl G
03-25-2004, 06:09 PM
You and me also. New cluth in and is a lot better. The grinding noise is in the front brakes, go figuure :doubt: We get fixed tomorrow and be ready to go on Saturday. Man this is going to be fun :thumbsup: :thumbsup: :)

Carl G
03-25-2004, 06:12 PM
Jackie and I have decided to have breakfast at the IHOP next door to the Roadhouse - be there at 7:30.

Anyone up for it ? ;)
Jim the breakfast is a lot better across the streeet at the Bar BQ place. I eat there every weekend.Cant wait to get the black 03 on the road.

JBoden
03-25-2004, 06:35 PM
Thanks Carl - we'll give it a try. :bounce:

Andy M
03-25-2004, 06:56 PM
Folks,

it is not definite yet, but I am about 75% at this point for making this thing. If so, I would make the drive with you all on Saturday, stay over in Austin Saturday night, and then have to leave early in the morning on Sunday to be back home before lunch. That is the deal I have with my wife.. take it or leave it!

I will keep you all posted...

coleman
03-25-2004, 07:22 PM
did anyone find out about having spaces reserved for our vehicles?

Firme
03-25-2004, 08:52 PM
Folks,

it is not definite yet, but I am about 75% at this point for making this thing. If so, I would make the drive with you all on Saturday, stay over in Austin Saturday night, and then have to leave early in the morning on Sunday to be back home before lunch. That is the deal I have with my wife.. take it or leave it!

I will keep you all posted...

Andy, we'll take it man... :thumbsup: Last year we have a few people that had to get up early and leave before the rest of us. They still had fun. :bounce: I am looking forward to having the R with us on the cruise.

did anyone find out about having spaces reserved for our vehicles?

coleman, you should have checked out last years cruise pics(link in the first post)...that was one of my original deals with the hotel, and the reason why we got the Radisson (Parking garage).. here is some preview

http://www.svtmustangcobraclub.com/imgs/AusCrs0303/images/austin_garage_jpg.jpg

CLICK THIS FOR THE WHOLE LOT (http://www.svtmustangcobraclub.com/imgs/AusCrs0303/images/xl_garage_jpg.jpg)

Dano
03-25-2004, 09:04 PM
Small group of Cobras coming from San Antonio.

Looks like all we're going to have in our group is:

"03blacksnake" (John) '03 Cobra
"nastystrike" (Richard) '03 Cobra
"raven69david" (David) '95 Cobra
"cain" (Richard) '95 Cobra
"Dano" (Dan) '95 Cobra

Possible: "racerat" (Tracy) '03 Cobra

All our group are confirmed & will be there. We should leave IHOP in New Braunfels by 11:00, for our "orderly" drive to Austin ;-)

Dan :thumbsup: :bounce: :bounce: :thumbsup:
Car phone: (210) 279-5762

Firme
03-25-2004, 09:29 PM
:bounce: oh boy oh boy...This is going to be fun.

Carl G
03-25-2004, 10:40 PM
:bounce: oh boy oh boy...This is going to be fun.

You got that right!. :bounce: :bounce: It is going to be so cool to see all these cobra's crusing through Austin. I have been on the route that we decided to take when we get to Austin and it will be a nice ride. Get the brakes fixed tomorrow and yee haa were on our way. This is what it is all about !

Carl G
03-25-2004, 10:44 PM
Thanks Carl - we'll give it a try. :bounce:
Jim we will see you there for breakfast :thumbsup:

96MysticSVT
03-25-2004, 11:33 PM
Well, I was hoping to get a better turn out from some Austin people, but the punks just won't get off their a$$es to come have some fun.....the bastards!:edmond: :crazy:

Oh well, I guess Sam(Grabberblue), 03sonicblueaus and myself will have to make up for their lack of commitment.

Hanging out with y'all is going to be a blast!!:burnout: :headbang:

Is it Saturday yet?:bounce:

cobrabitn
03-25-2004, 11:45 PM
I wish you all the best of fun this weekend. I know you will have a blast and I wouldn't worry about the other Austin owners. Sooner or later, they will go out and try it and see how much fun it is to meet other Cobra owners.

I also wish you all good weather and a safe event!

Tony

97CasperCobra
03-26-2004, 12:06 AM
Is it Chrismas or a cruise that we're going too??....I can't tell the difference. The thought of seeing 20+ Cobras cruising together is making my adrenline going :bounce:

Everyone BE SAFE and DON'T speed. Last weekend coming back from San Antonio I saw about 4 State Troopers along with the local "fuzz" so please everyone be safe and obey the law. If you don't have a front license plate......good luck....that's what I got pulled over for last Sat. :( I may have to rig something up.

Dano
03-26-2004, 05:15 AM
96MysticSVT

Matt ... seeing as how you're an Austin guy, how does the following route look to you, for a group coming from San Antonio (my map is old):

I was looking for the intersection of Hwy 620 & 2222. It appears that the easiest way to get there would be:

I-35N, turn West at Hwy 290 (Ben White Blvd). This turns into Hwy 360 (Capitol of Texas Hwy).

Follow until Hwy crosses Colorado River, and Hwy 2222 is just beyond that.

Turn West on Hwy 2222, follow to Four Points (intersection of Hwy 620 & 2222. Look for HEB :-)

Might sound stupid, but I'd hate to see 5 or 6 Cobras dashing here and 'yon, looking for HEB ...

http://users2.ev1.net/~w8368/cbar7d.jpg
Thanks,
Dan

96MysticSVT
03-26-2004, 10:15 AM
Dano, That's a good route, those are pretty much all major roads with minimal lights so it should be easy to keep your group together all the way.

96MysticSVT

Matt ... seeing as how you're an Austin guy, how does the following route look to you, for a group coming from San Antonio (my map is old):

I was looking for the intersection of Hwy 620 & 2222. It appears that the easiest way to get there would be:

I-35N, turn West at Hwy 290 (Ben White Blvd). This turns into Hwy 360 (Capitol of Texas Hwy).

Follow until Hwy crosses Colorado River, and Hwy 2222 is just beyond that.

Turn West on Hwy 2222, follow to Four Points (intersection of Hwy 620 & 2222. Look for HEB :-)

Might sound stupid, but I'd hate to see 5 or 6 Cobras dashing here and 'yon, looking for HEB ...

Thanks,
Dan

03sonicblueaus
03-26-2004, 10:30 AM
I'm 90% sure I'll meet you guys at HEB. This should be my 2nd largest gathering of cobras I've ever seen. Anyone have the 100 year celebration DVD from SVT. I'm in it for 5 seconds at the Drive in. I'll bring a CD of all of my pictures for anyone that wants them. Anyway if I'm not at HEB I'll be at the Sonic in Lago about 1:50, You guys will probably be passing through after 2:10 if speed limits are fairly observed. However the terminators and the cobra R will probably be passing by me at about 1:20 If you guys leave at 1:15. Hopefully dragging a few dead vetts and F bodies behind. I'll have my motorola with me. Thanks for bringing this to Austin.

03sonicblueaus
03-26-2004, 10:55 AM
Where is the brewery? Have you guys come up with a plan after dinner. Mystic mentioned Oak Hill. It is a killer hangout.

Firme
03-26-2004, 12:30 PM
The brewery is off Congress between 1st and 6th street I think.

Last year afer dinner we hit 6th street.

97CasperCobra
03-26-2004, 01:27 PM
anyone call the brewery to see if they take reservations???

03sonicblueaus
03-26-2004, 01:31 PM
If you have their phone# and head count I'll call them. I looked for The Brewery on Yahoo and can't find it.

Firme
03-26-2004, 01:44 PM
one sec, I will post the info

The Bitter End
was the place we were going to, but in calling them, they said they don't think they can accomodate more than 15.

I am trying a place called Mezzaluna (italian) now. Will post results

-update....we can go to the Mezzaluna at 7:30ish they can accomodate to around 40 people. Depending on how many we have, if 25, we can have one huge conference type table setup. Otherwise they will break it down to about 4 tables of 20. The food is Italian. Dependind on how many are going, we will either get the full run of the menu, or they will narrow to 4 thing we can order (if its a huge group) The owner seemed like a real nice guy and was excited to get a Cobra club comming in. :thumbsup:

Mezzaluna
Address: 310 Colorado St, Austin, TX 78701
2 blocks from the hotel

97CasperCobra
03-26-2004, 02:25 PM
The Bitter End
was the place we were going to, but in calling them, they said they don't think they can accomodate more than 15.

-update....we can go to the Mezzaluna at 7:30ish they can accomodate to around 40 people. The owner seemed like a real nice guy and was excited to get a Cobra club comming in. 2 blocks from the hotel

Good deal......I don't see what's wrong with Friday's, but I'm up for anything. Awesome that the owner is excited to see us. :thumbsup:

Firme
03-26-2004, 03:03 PM
......I don't see what's wrong with Friday's...

many have emphasized that they do not want to go out of town and eat at the hotel, but rather go out and eat, and especially not at Fridays (mc donals of sit down :D ) :thumbsup:

coleman
03-26-2004, 03:25 PM
i'm seeing if any other austin-area 03/04 cobra owners will be able to show up for the cruise & whatever...

03sonicblueaus
03-26-2004, 03:33 PM
It is embarrasing. We don't even have a svtoa chapter. After the Mustang show last summer we were supposed to all show up at our meeting place in Round Rock. I think two of us showed. We were outnumbered by the Impala SS club. A bad day for Ford Freaks.

Topless In Tex
03-26-2004, 03:34 PM
hey guys...
I still would like to borrow someones spare Talkabout, if ya'll got one! :) Just got back from the store, (and the liquor store) :cool:
Gonna 'fix' my window to be stuck DOWN for the trip, drop off Racie and the Hamster then hook up w/ Kim later on to cruise to Sherri's to spend the night.
Need to clean up the Stang a little too. Looks like hell...
See ya'll in the Morning! :thumbsup:

Firme
03-26-2004, 05:07 PM
It is embarrasing. We don't even have a svtoa chapter. After the Mustang show last summer we were supposed to all show up at our meeting place in Round Rock. I think two of us showed. We were outnumbered by the Impala SS club. A bad day for Ford Freaks.

:( that sux dude... you guys need to start an SCMC owner base in Austin :bounce: we got a great group of people that like to make things happen :thumbsup:

Carl G
03-26-2004, 05:12 PM
Is it Chrismas or a cruise that we're going too??....I can't tell the difference. The thought of seeing 20+ Cobras cruising together is making my adrenline going :bounce:

Everyone BE SAFE and DON'T speed. Last weekend coming back from San Antonio I saw about 4 State Troopers along with the local "fuzz" so please everyone be safe and obey the law. If you don't have a front license plate......good luck....that's what I got pulled over for last Sat. :( I may have to rig something up.

This is better than Christmas, Just finished my last minor adjustments on the brakes and the black 03 is in perfect shape. Its like driving off the showroom floor when I bought it. This has been a long week on all the adjustments to the car but they are all done and the car is running perfect. Man I am a happy camper today. See you guys for sure in the morning, cnt wait to see all those Cobras.

Carl G
03-26-2004, 05:15 PM
hey guys...
I still would like to borrow someones spare Talkabout, if ya'll got one! :) Just got back from the store, (and the liquor store) :cool:
Gonna 'fix' my window to be stuck DOWN for the trip, drop off Racie and the Hamster then hook up w/ Kim later on to cruise to Sherri's to spend the night.
Need to clean up the Stang a little too. Looks like hell...
See ya'll in the Morning! :thumbsup:
Christine, I just bought a pair, you are more than welcome to use one of mine. :thumbsup:

93KingCobra
03-26-2004, 05:56 PM
Man can the time go any slower!!! I can't stand it any more I need to see all those awsome COBRA's.

The UPS man brought me a little gift from Billet Flow that I just installed can't wait too show it off! I also have an extra Talkabout if someone wants to borrow it. See ya'll in the mornning. :fordflag:

Levi
03-26-2004, 06:08 PM

SCMC can take care of you and we have never been out numbered.

SCMC RULESSSSSSSSS.

This is better than Christmas, Just finished my last minor adjustments on the brakes and the black 03 is in perfect shape. Its like driving off the showroom floor when I bought it. This has been a long week on all the adjustments to the car but they are all done and the car is running perfect. Man I am a happy camper today. See you guys for sure in the morning, cnt wait to see all those Cobras.

Glad to hear things are work out for the better............. Now lets Party.

I will see you Houston peeps for breakfast,,,,,,,,, Rock and Roll.

coleman
03-26-2004, 06:33 PM
nuxx and a few of his friends will be showing up at 2222 & 620 which will increase our '03/04 cobra count by up to 4 cars, but they may not be able to cruise the entire duration ... let's hope so. :thumbsup:

but, racerat said she wouldn't be able to make it. :(

Firme
03-26-2004, 06:55 PM
nuxx and a few of his friends will be showing up at 2222 & 620 which will increase our '03/04 cobra count by up to 4 cars, but they may not be able to cruise the entire duration ... let's hope so. :thumbsup:

Sweet

but, racerat said she wouldn't be able to make it. :(

:(

Last year, her and Todd were one of the only non-houston folks there.(Jim was the other)

blacksnake
03-26-2004, 07:20 PM
We need to make a video like this one... :D :flag:

Right Click...Save As... (http://cars.mackweb.com/movies/SoCal_Beach_to_Bush_Cruise_1.wmv)

nastystrike
03-26-2004, 07:48 PM
That is a great clip. We do need to make one like it. Hope someone remembers to bring a video camera!

Bartman01
03-26-2004, 08:20 PM
We need to make a video like this one...

Except for the part where they are completly blocking the intersection and holding up traffic. You can get shot for that around here.

Firme
03-26-2004, 08:31 PM
I'm bringing the MiniDV Camcorder and the Cannon Digital Rebel

coleman
03-26-2004, 08:44 PM
i'll try to bring mine but i won't be able to tape & drive at the same time...

Dano
03-26-2004, 10:05 PM
Cool video John. I counted 22, except for the "blocker." What, no "older" SN-95's allowed in that trip?

Dan
:bounce: :bounce:

Andy M
03-26-2004, 10:49 PM
See you guys/gals (the Houston crew) in the morning. See the rest of you when we arrive in Austin.

Me and #155 are ready to rumble!! :thumbsup: :bounce: :bounce:

Larry, is my car gonna have to smell the fumes from Franken-Stang all day? are you going to be running race fuel in that beast of yours?... :rolleyes: :p

97CasperCobra
03-26-2004, 11:31 PM
See you guys/gals (the Houston crew) in the morning. Me and #155 are ready to rumble!!

:headbang: Good to see you're gonna make it Andy.....after all...you're the one we're doing this every year. ;)

03 cobra toy
03-27-2004, 12:04 AM
:D I got a day pass!! I'll just drive home that night...The kid and I will see you guys in the AM :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D

97CasperCobra
03-27-2004, 12:15 AM
I got a day pass!! I'll just drive home that night...The kid and I will see you guys in the AM

I forsaw you coming ;) ....we'll all drink an Iced Tea for ya. :thumbsup:

93KingCobra
03-27-2004, 12:31 AM
I'm bringing the MiniDV Camcorder and the Cannon Digital Rebel

Will be bringing mine also, hope to get some awsome footage! Firme maybe you can combine them and make a compilation vid..? See you guys in the AM.

Firme
03-27-2004, 12:44 AM
Will be bringing mine also, hope to get some awsome footage! Firme maybe you can combine them and make a compilation vid..? See you guys in the AM.

You can bet on the Video.... that is my plan, last year it was all Hi-8 footage and capturing that is a pain (need additional equipment), but I'm all set up firewire for MiniDV.

Twice Bitten
03-27-2004, 06:10 AM
See you guys/gals (the Houston crew) in the morning. See the rest of you when we arrive in Austin.

Me and #155 are ready to rumble!! :thumbsup: :bounce: :bounce:

Larry, is my car gonna have to smell the fumes from Franken-Stang all day? are you going to be running race fuel in that beast of yours?... :rolleyes: :p

Race fuel, I do not know what you are talking about :lol: , Franken-stang is all stock, well mostly stock, ummm, there are some things still stock on the beast :D

"There nothing like the smell of 104 in the morning" :getsome:

coleman
03-27-2004, 08:22 AM
Dshavers and I will be heading out of Dallas in one hour and head straight for 620 & 2222.

Dano
03-27-2004, 08:47 AM
Unfortunately, it looks like we lost 1 of our 5 Cobras making the drive. David was having a Super Charger installed on his '95, and I don't think the installer finished in time.

Oh, well, we'll be there with four: 2 '95's, and 2 '03's.

Dan

03sonicblueaus
03-29-2004, 10:51 AM
I just wanted to thank all of you for coming to my backyard. If you have a letter for the Lago vista Police Dept I can either forward it or find the address for you. When you plan the next Austin Outing Let me know. You basically scratched the surface of lake area drives. The group that went to help Coleman went through some prettier country. If you can stay at a resort in Lago Vista next time we can make a run to Shades, a few miles of killer terrain ending with a floating restarant. We can also make a run to the Oasis for Sunday Brunch prior to your departure. If this sounds good give me a date and I will get some literature on the accomodations and restaurants. Here is a link for the Oasis. The folks that own Cafe Adobe own it.

http://www.oasis-austin.com/

coleman
03-29-2004, 01:53 PM
we all had a great time & really enjoyed our little mini-cruise :)
and i know my boy, Marcos, really enjoyed your boys company as well :thumbsup:

I just wanted to thank all of you for coming to my backyard. If you have a letter for the Lago vista Police Dept I can either forward it or find the address for you. When you plan the next Austin Outing Let me know. You basically scratched the surface of lake area drives. The group that went to help Coleman went through some prettier country. If you can stay at a resort in Lago Vista next time we can make a run to Shades, a few miles of killer terrain ending with a floating restarant. We can also make a run to the Oasis for Sunday Brunch prior to your departure. If this sounds good give me a date and I will get some literature on the accomodations and restaurants. Here is a link for the Oasis. The folks that own Cafe Adobe own it.

http://www.oasis-austin.com/

Dano
03-29-2004, 06:45 PM
This was my "first ever" event, and I even got to park next to the first '00R I've ever seen. I wanted to thank everyone for being so friendly, and providing a meeting place for a lot of folks with a "common interest." I didn't meet anyone that didn't treat me like they had known me forever!

As far as the drive went, that first leg (from HEB) was a real "friggin" ride. I want to thank the drivers that were leading the pack: due to their timing and driving skills, I was able to get some of the wrinkles removed from my leather seat. I found them in the crack of my butt when I got home :eek: ! I was sucking a lot of leather in those 15 mph turns, and almost missed one of them. I'm mainly a "highway" guy :baby:, but I can't remember when I'd had so much fun! :thumbsup: :bounce: :bounce: :thumbsup:

Here are a couple of photos I took ... we were third from the end, but the sound of the Cobras in front of us accelerating out of the turns was awesome!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :bounce:

I know everyone has a ton of photos, but I'll have mine on my Web Site in a day or two, and will post the address to it.

Thanks again, for the invite & hospitality ...

Dan
http://users2.ev1.net/~w8368/00493a.jpg

Dano
03-29-2004, 06:46 PM
One more ...

http://users2.ev1.net/~w8368/00494a.jpg

Dano
03-29-2004, 06:47 PM
Last one ...

http://users2.ev1.net/~w8368/00531a.jpg
:bounce: :bounce: :bounce: :bounce: :bounce:

http://users2.ev1.net/~w8368/must2.htm

JBoden
03-29-2004, 06:50 PM
Chris,

Really appreciate your help and tour guide talents. If you could get me the address for the Lago Vista police dept - I'd appreciate it.

:D :D

msmap
03-29-2004, 07:16 PM
Last one ...

http://users2.ev1.net/~w8368/00531a.jpg
:bounce: :bounce: :bounce: :bounce: :bounce:

http://users2.ev1.net/~w8368/must2.htm

Hi Dano, I didn't know that yours was the snake with the neat paint job under the hood. I think it looks great! Nice to meet ya :)

Dano
03-29-2004, 07:19 PM
Hi Dano, I didn't know that yours was the snake with the neat paint job under the hood. I think it looks great! Nice to meet ya :)

Thanks, Sherri. I got the idea from "hissman," on the SVT Performance Forum. I call it "The Hissman Paint Mod." His '98 plenum, etc., looks very cool - he has ghost flames, too.

Dan

03 cobra toy
03-29-2004, 07:21 PM
Hey Dan,
I was in the car in front of you (Silver 03 )...Sorry about your seat :rotf: :rotf: They don't call me Tripod for the heck of it....

Dano
03-29-2004, 07:34 PM
Our group of 5 Cobras from San Antonio had a good trip up. Me met at a rest stop just North of San Antonio (1/2 block from my house ;-) ). I showed up first - got a area set aside for all of us, and this damn 18-wheeler pulled up on my bumper :doubt: . I pulled up, trying to reserve some space, and here he comes again :mad: ... About that time, Richard ("cain") pulled up in his '95, and then the trucker came over and intoduced himself. He was from Minnesota, and owned a '97 S/C Cobra! What a coincidence!!! :eek: :D
We BS'd for a while, then he took off. Nice guy - didn't remember his name - he's not a Forum type.

After we had breakfast at an IHOP, I was chosen to lead our snake pack to Austin. It was an honor - we got some looks, going up I-35. Was kind of hard to keep tight, but we weaved our way up to Austin, and had a good time ...

I want to thank all of the San Antonio guys for showing up. I enjoyed meeting all of you:

myself - "Dano" (Dan) '95 Cobra

Dan

Firme
03-29-2004, 09:08 PM
I want to thank all of the San Antonio guys for showing up. I enjoyed meeting all of you:

Dan

Thanks for comming out guys, hopefully, the next cruise will have more of ya'll, It was funny on the way from marble falls back to Austin, I found myself surrounded by sn95's :eek:

nastystrike
03-29-2004, 11:48 PM
Dano, it was great to meet you and the other San Antonio Cobra jocks. You were a great organizer and leader. The run to Austin was fun indeed. Only hit triple digits once keeping up with you! Good job! All of you who helped organize this event are to be congratulated and thanked. Hope we can do it again soon.
Richard

Topless In Tex
03-29-2004, 11:56 PM
:cool: It was funny on the way from marble falls back to Austin, I found myself surrounded by sn95's :eek:

Ya, arent you the lucky one????!!!! :thumbsup: lol

97CasperCobra
03-30-2004, 12:05 AM
I found myself surrounded by sn95's :eek:

:shtowned: ;)

Dshavers
03-30-2004, 11:04 AM
I just wanted to thank everyone from the Houston group for setting this cruise up...this was my first cruise and i will defiently be attending many more! Everyone was really nice...and i got to see some amazing machines. See you guys and gals at the next one.

-david

cain
03-30-2004, 11:19 AM
Our group of 5 Cobras from San Antonio had a good trip up. Me met at a rest stop just North of San Antonio (1/2 block from my house ;-) ). I showed up first - got a area set aside for all of us, and this damn 18-wheeler pulled up on my bumper :doubt: . I pulled up, trying to reserve some space, and here he comes again :mad: ... About that time, Richard ("cain") pulled up in his '95, and then the trucker came over and intoduced himself. He was from Minnesota, and owned a '97 S/C Cobra! What a coincidence!!! :eek: :D
We BS'd for a while, then he took off. Nice guy - didn't remember his name - he's not a Forum type.

After we had breakfast at an IHOP, I was chosen to lead our snake pack to Austin. It was an honor - we got some looks, going up I-35. Was kind of hard to keep tight, but we weaved our way up to Austin, and had a good time ...

Dan
Hey Dan, it was good to meet you and the others from SA. Thanks for taking your time to get us organized. Look forward to getting together again. The cruise to Austin was fun. I couldn't believe how hard it was keeping 5 Cobra's together for 60 or so miles. As for the cruise in Austin, the first stretch of the cruise was awesome. Getting into some of those turns was fun yet scary. Glad to see everyone made it ok.

Dano
03-30-2004, 11:23 AM
After all that chasing around in the hill country, the trip from San Antonio to Austin & back, I logged 232 miles. Filled up this morning (Good 'Ole Shamrock Super) and only took 11 gals. I scored a whopping 21 MPG - only draw back, it was $1.80 per gal ... I'm so happy with this damn engine. It barely got over 215 degrees during that hill climb event.

Just thought I'd show it off - any better?

Dan

Dano
03-30-2004, 11:30 AM
"cain "

Enjoyed meeting you too, Richard. I talked to Mike Poznecki last night, and sent him a photo of you ... his memory was shorted out, I guess.

Dan

blacksnake
03-30-2004, 11:33 AM
Dan, thanks again for leading us up to Austin. :thumbsup: It was quite a sight when we came around that bend and just happened upon the other Cobras from the Houston group.

Dano
03-30-2004, 11:38 AM
blacksnake

I agree, John. I got a real "kick" out of the whole thing, and it was fun being part of such a large group of beautiful Cobras ...

Dan

raven69david
03-30-2004, 12:31 PM
It was nice to meet you Richard and John. Thanks for the loaner Walkabout John. :thumbsup: Your car is still burned in my memory....probably for life with the sound of that exhaust. Very nice ride man. :bounce: As much as i saw all those awesome '03's, i still can't give mine up for one. :D

I hope the drive back to S.A. was good Richard. Sorry you had to leave early. We should have a San Antonio get together in a few weeks. We can all coordinate with Dano since he has his $hit together more-so than me. :rotf:

David

cain
03-30-2004, 12:40 PM
It was nice to meet you Richard and John. Thanks for the loaner Walkabout John. :thumbsup: Your car is still burned in my memory....probably for life with the sound of that exhaust. Very nice ride man. :bounce: As much as i saw all those awesome '03's, i still can't give mine up for one. :D

I hope the drive back to S.A. was good Richard. Sorry you had to leave early. We should have a San Antonio get together in a few weeks. We can all coordinate with Dano since he has his $hit together more-so than me. :rotf:

David
Hey David, it was good meeting you. I would defiantley like to get together again. Just keep me posted. :thumbsup:

I hope everything goes ok with your install. Would like to see the results. :eek:

LadyCobra01'
03-30-2004, 02:01 PM
I just wanted to thank everyone from the Houston group for setting this cruise up...this was my first cruise and i will defiently be attending many more! Everyone was really nice...and i got to see some amazing machines. See you guys and gals at the next one.

-david

Welcome! I've seen you over at YMR! I didn't get to meet you in Austin! Nice ride! :thumbsup:

Kim

bluethunder
03-30-2004, 02:18 PM
Alright, WHo was the young couple with the "big bird" '04 cobra?

Also who had the "other" black '03?

I had fun meeting and hanging out as well as entertaining alot of you and can't wait till something else comes up!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

:bounce: :thumbsup: :bounce: :bounce:

Dshavers
03-30-2004, 02:21 PM
Alright, WHo was the young couple with the "big bird" '04 cobra?

Also who had the "other" black '03?

I had fun meeting and hanging out as well as entertaining alot of you and can't wait till something else comes up!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

:bounce: :thumbsup: :bounce: :bounce:

LOL that would be me(david and amanda) I had a lot of fun hanging out with you guys...defiently looking forward to the next meet

Dshavers
03-30-2004, 02:22 PM
Welcome! I've seen you over at YMR! I didn't get to meet you in Austin! Nice ride! :thumbsup:

Kim

I loved your ride as well....i'm looking forward to the YMR coming to the texas area. That should be an awsome sight

97CasperCobra
03-30-2004, 02:36 PM
LOL that would be me(david and amanda) I had a lot of fun hanging out with you guys...defiently looking forward to the next meet

Those Amandas are great girls......as I had mine riding co-pilot/photographer in mine as well. :thumbsup: Hopefully I can help her when she "upgrades" from her V6 and talk her into a Cobra.......or another SVT product. :thumbsup:

Dshavers
03-30-2004, 02:40 PM
Those Amandas are great girls......as I had mine riding co-pilot/photographer in mine as well. :thumbsup: Hopefully I can help her when she "upgrades" from her V6 and talk her into a Cobra.......or another SVT product. :thumbsup:

Yeah Amandas are great! I don't see her buying a cobra or a mustang..she's more of a truck gal, but of course i've mentioned the Lightning to her. The funny thing is..she wouldn't turn down the chance to drive one.

bluethunder
03-30-2004, 03:14 PM
You guys were cool but what happened to you 2 when we all went to 6th street?
Never saw you 2 after dinner!

Dano
03-30-2004, 09:28 PM
:bounce:
I have uploaded all of my photos from the Austin Cruise, so if anyone wants to make a copy of their Cobra :eek: , or just spend a little time looking at the photos Linda and I took (50), the address is:

http://users2.ev1.net/~w8368/acruise.htm

Dan

97CasperCobra
03-30-2004, 09:58 PM
I have uploaded all of my photos from the Austin Cruise

Nice pics Dan!! :thumbsup: I'm sure Edmond might be contacting you for permission to use some of them on our website. Are those the actual size they came in or are there larger size???

Thanks Dan.

msmap
03-30-2004, 10:12 PM
Thank you, Dan, for the great pics :thumbsup:

Dano
03-30-2004, 10:15 PM
The photos on my Web Page are for anyone to use. The file sizes of the photos are in the 10 - 25k size (resized), and the original photo file sizes range from 800 - 900k. I'll E-mail any attachments someone may want. :bounce:

Dan

Carl G
03-30-2004, 11:14 PM
I have uploaded all of my photos from the Austin Cruise, so if anyone wants to make a copy of their Cobra :eek: , or just spend a little time looking at the photos Linda and I took (50), the address is:

http://users2.ev1.net/~w8368/acruise.htm

Dan
Great pictures Dan, thanks for posting and sharring. Lets do it again soon. :thumbsup:

Dano
03-31-2004, 12:54 AM
97CasperCobra

The photo is on the way, Mike. (900k & 23k)

Dan