PDA

View Full Version : Power steering leak? Input?

Topless In Tex
11-23-2003, 01:18 AM
ugghh...
I just had my Rack and Pinion replaced a few months ago. I noticed the HEAVY leaking of Power Steering fluid on my garage floor the last 2 weeks. I just had WHITE carpet put on my garage floor, so needless to say, I'm sporting a good sized drip pan. When I checked it today, the resevior was BONE DRY!!!!!
Took my Stang to my exes and we jacked it up and looked, looks like its prolly the return hose to the power steering pump thats leaking. uggh...either that or the seal in the pump....but hes thinking the hose.
It looks like a pain in the ass to get to, and to be able to replace that hose, we're thinking I'm gonna have to pull the pulley, and lay the pump over a little to be able to replace it. Has ANYONE replaced the return hose to your power steering on an SN-95????????? Is it gonna be as big a pain as it looks? Just does not look like it can be really done w/out laying the pump over a little bit, and that means I'm gonna have to take all that crap apart. If anyone has done this, please let me know what kind of torture I am looking at and the expense. I do have a pulley puller, but I guess I'm hoping that it can be done without having to go thru all that.
STILL gotta find out why my newly fixed Drivers window went AWOL on me again too at the Kemah show....might do that tomorrow...ugghhh
any input would be deeply appreciated! THANKS! :(
:banana:TNT:banana:

cobltng
11-24-2003, 09:27 AM
Wish I could offer some advise but I have never pulled a power steering pump on the Fox. However my pump has seeped oil since day one. I changed oil and filter Saturday and wiped the bottom of the pump mount bracket off. On the fox it looks like you would have to pull the radiator to have room to get a puller on the steering pump pully. Look like a ***** of a job. Sorry I can't offer any advise.:(