PDA

View Full Version : 2005 SVT Year

Mr. Ed
11-26-2003, 12:11 AM
http://www.caranddriver.com/article.asp?section_id=30&article_id=7436

Mac99Snake
11-27-2003, 04:21 AM
I wonder if that is also in response to the number of 03's still on the lots? Also, will it effect the total number of 04's produced? Maybe I just have too much time to think about it :rolleyes:

Mac

tcrews
11-27-2003, 10:11 PM
Who cares? There wasn't an '00 Cobra nor was there an '02 Cobra. So now there won't be an '05 Cobra. I really don't care if there is or isnt' an SVT Focus, the Lightning skips a year, it skipped a few years after they stopped the original 351W powered Lightnings.

Why is everyone making such a big deal over this? My opinion...I'm glad there won't be an '05 SVT Cobra. Let them work the kinks out of the new body/designs with the base Mustang and GT before they put out the SVT series. I'm sure there are a lot of '99 Cobra owners that can understand that ;)

2KWhiteSnake
11-28-2003, 11:26 AM
Originally posted by tcrews
Who cares? There wasn't an '00 Cobra nor was there an '02 Cobra. So now there won't be an '05 Cobra. I really don't care if there is or isnt' an SVT Focus, the Lightning skips a year, it skipped a few years after they stopped the original 351W powered Lightnings.

Why is everyone making such a big deal over this? My opinion...I'm glad there won't be an '05 SVT Cobra. Let them work the kinks out of the new body/designs with the base Mustang and GT before they put out the SVT series. I'm sure there are a lot of '99 Cobra owners that can understand that ;)

I agree. I had an order in on a 00' Cobra and I'm glad they waited til 01'. All the bugs weren't even worked out of the 01's, but it could have been worse. ;) Hopefully the 06's will be what everyone has hoped for over the past few years....DISPLACEMENT!

Craig

Mr. Ed
11-28-2003, 12:12 PM
I don't care, either what Ford does with this car in 2005. I merely posted this thinking it may be of "slight" interest to some. Sorry to have created another controversy.:eek:

cobrabitn
11-28-2003, 01:29 PM
Actaully there were some 2000 Cobras but they were all exports. (About 300 I think?)

I think there were some 2002s also and they too were exports.

I have to agree about letting them work the bugs out before they put the new Cobras out as long as they will retain the SVT badging.

Ed, nothing wrong with a little controversy, that's how everyone's maturity and knowledge grows. ;)

2KWhiteSnake
11-28-2003, 02:14 PM
Originally posted by cobrabitn
Actaully there were some 2000 Cobras but they were all exports. (About 300 I think?)

I think there were some 2002s also and they too were exports.

I have to agree about letting them work the bugs out before they put the new Cobras out as long as they will retain the SVT badging.

Ed, nothing wrong with a little controversy, that's how everyone's maturity and knowledge grows. ;)

No harm Ed. I just hope Ford really does it right for us instead of slapping a blower on a small displacement motor.
Yeah, Australia got those 300 in 2000 I believe. Tony, you feel like bringing me some tables? :rotf: :rotf: :rotf:

Just kidding! Use em if you need them. I'll let you know when I need them back.

Craig

tcrews
11-28-2003, 02:38 PM
My response was primarily because this is posted in the Lounge already, it's posted on every other board out there (including non-mustang car sites) so why was there a need to post it in the technical section? Once again...who cares.