PDA

View Full Version : Cat Back Exhaust

Craig Ryans
11-26-2003, 09:42 PM
What Cat back exhaust will give NICE sound and not rattle and drone the car at low RPM. I have read that MAC is best, Magnaflow, Flowmaster ETC...... what is everyones idea. This car is not raced etc, driven 1 or twice a week in the summer on nice days. 2001 Cobra SVT Conv.

Thanks

Big Daddy
11-26-2003, 10:10 PM
Well I'm partial to the way my Bassani sounds. I get compliments on it all the time. I think you should listen to some cars run that have the differnt catbacks on them then try to decide what you like.

Mac99Snake
11-27-2003, 03:18 AM
I have the Bassani X-pipe and Cat back and think they work well together. I would also concur with BD...you should listen before you make a choice.

Mac99Snake

cobra97
11-27-2003, 08:45 AM
go with magnaflow/ magnapack system and u will feel the
power+great sound.:bounce:

tcrews
11-27-2003, 09:08 PM
Big fan of the Bassani catback and their x-pipe. Incredible sound and a high quality product.

smashedheadcat
11-28-2003, 10:28 AM
Originally posted by cobra97
go with magnaflow/ magnapack system and u will feel the
power+great sound.:bounce:

I agree with cobra97 here. But, toss in the Dr. Gas x-pipe and magnapacks. This system would probably drone really bad, but it sounds sweet.!!!!!

smashedheadcat
11-28-2003, 10:29 AM
I run with the borla side exhaust, and I really really like it. Very quiet at cruise, but she can get really loud when you hammer on it.

cobra97
11-28-2003, 01:03 PM
u can use the magnaflow short-x with magnapack,it's OK
and also magnaflow are made from St.Steel.

spittincobra01
11-29-2003, 11:27 PM
Personally, I like the MAC 3" cat-back sound! It sounded great with the stock H pipe on my 01, and I got lots of compliments. It is loud, but not so loud that I get pulled over. It doesn't drone at any RPM, and fit/finish are perfect. It sounds good in and out of the car (I had Steve Childs drive it at our last autocross so I could hear it from outside.... needless to say I was quite happy!) The cat-back also added 18 rwhp by itself! (dyno tested) I just ordered a BBK catted H pipe and can't wait to hear how this combo sounds! or how much it adds with the cat-back