PDA

View Full Version : Dyno Day Signup- 12/13 at Slater's in Humble


Firme
12-02-2003, 11:22 AM
PRICE:
2 Pulls with NO Wide Band = $35
2 Pulls WITH wide Band =$40

Start Time: 8 a.m.

First come first server with the signup sheet.

so far we have:

1. Firme
2. David
3. Larry (The Cobra R, and/or the 03 highly modded Cobra, and/or the Shelby clone, and/or the furious Diesel Truck(s))
4. Henry
5. Keith (Lightning and Cobra)
6. Christine (prolly out)
7. Steve (prolly out)
8. Tam (maybe)
9. Terrell (roadruna) (out)
10. John G
11. Brian (keiths office)
12. Danny (keiths office)
13.Shane (I think he sold his car)
14.Richard Wiley
15.Jason (mp3stang) (FP)
16.Ross (FP)
17.Blue91 (FP)
18.Talley (FP)
19.BillyBong (FP)
20.Voice of Reason(FP)
21.bet on black (glenn)(FP)
22.StangTKE196 (maybe)(FP)
23.G8RNTX (Dewayne)
24.Admiral


speak up if you are insterested or if you are out...

Directions to Slater's (http://maps.yahoo.com/dd_result?ed=ENgVY.V.wikYiOptkERjnhGLKWoMjQvQZDhypjJd0LyZ3Y7J&csz=Houston%2C+TX&country=us&tcsz=Humble%2C+TX+77346-2730&tcountry=us)

Carl G
12-02-2003, 07:52 PM
I will come and watch, where is this place loacated Edmond:( :thumbsup:

cobrapace94
12-02-2003, 08:12 PM
We are set on the dyno day at Slaters on Dec 13th. I did get him to drop to $40.00 with air fuel and $35.00 with out, if we get over 20 cars. He opens at 8:00 AM and will be ready to start then. He wants to try and get it done with as soon as possible, they have gotten faster.
How that sound???
I'll be there, but won't dyno.

97CasperCobra
12-02-2003, 08:16 PM
wish i could be there, but I've got a Chemistry final at 9am. :(, and I wanted to dyno this new motor.

Firme
12-02-2003, 08:16 PM
Originally posted by cobrapace94
We are set on the dyno day at Slaters on Dec 13th. I did get him to drop to $40.00 with air fuel and $35.00 with out, if we get over 20 cars. He opens at 8:00 AM and will be ready to start then. He wants to try and get it done with as soon as possible, they have gotten faster.
How that sound???
I'll be there, but won't dyno.

Kewl thanks Darrell... all sounds good.

See you there

Twice Bitten
12-02-2003, 10:30 PM
Or 3. How 'bout my truck?:D

Topless In Tex
12-02-2003, 11:20 PM
I talked to Steve about it the other day...we are DEFINETELY interested..... Just depends though...I know hes got a wedding he HAS to go to one evening this month, and I dont know what day. But....I would think it would not take that long anyways?
I know he likes Slaters, they've done some work for him. And I'd love to get mine done on a wideband myself. :) Cuz, I think I have A/F issues... :rolleyes:
We'll know more after I find out more from him....or HOPEFULLY he will post soon!
:banana:TNT :banana:

John Chingasos
12-03-2003, 09:36 AM
do the northside people want to meet at whataburger at 290 and jones before hand and cruis over to slaters???:D

Firme
12-03-2003, 12:05 PM
Originally posted by Twice Bitten
Or 3. How 'bout my truck?:D

so how many cars do I put you down for?

Evilcartman
12-03-2003, 12:07 PM
Originally posted by Firme
so how many cars do I put you down for?

Put me down for the Car and the Truck. Unless Angela is in labor I will be there.

Evilcartman
12-03-2003, 12:11 PM
Originally posted by John Chingasos
do the northside people want to meet at whataburger at 290 and jones before hand and cruis over to slaters???:D

I'm in for that. :thumbsup:

Twice Bitten
12-03-2003, 12:45 PM
1 go cart, a tricycle and peddle car:thumbsup: :baby:

Levi
12-03-2003, 01:54 PM
Originally posted by John Chingasos
do the northside people want to meet at whataburger at 290 and jones before hand and cruis over to slaters???:D

I will be a spectator for the dyno, but would like to cruise with you all to slaters and hang out.

Originally posted by Twice Bitten
1 go cart, a tricycle and peddle car:thumbsup: :baby:

:rotf:

Mephisto
12-03-2003, 02:23 PM
Come on, can't this fancy Dyno measure the force of contractions? What else do you really need to give birth?

Again, put me down for 1 car.

Carl G
12-06-2003, 06:06 PM
:) Can anyone give directions to this place? I am coming to watch and take pictures.

Firme
12-07-2003, 01:07 AM
Originally posted by Carl G
:) Can anyone give directions to this place? I am coming to watch and take pictures.

at the bottom of the 1st post, there is a link for Directions...

from 610 area take 59 North (toward Intercontinental Airport), Exit 1960, pass throught the first light (busness 1960), go to the Second light (regular 1960) and make a right onto 1960.... keep going till you pass a Shell on your right (a few miles) and look for Slater's on the right... its right next to Arby's

from 290 and 1960 area, you just take 1960 headed eastbound (you will have to hit a ton of lights though, might be better to take beltway to 59, then go north and follow the above directions) toward 59 (you pass under 45) and after 59, keep travelling on 1960 till you pass a Shell on your right (a few miles) and look for Slater's on the right... its right next to Arby's.

Carl G
12-07-2003, 11:51 AM
Thanks Edmond, found the link in the first post. That works well. See ya there.

Topless In Tex
12-08-2003, 10:58 PM
hey guys...
Well, it looks like me and Steve are out....We are gonna help our club down here unload the Trailer full of all the Autorama display, so we will have the Trailer for the Hooters show on Sunday for all the toys.....
maybe one day we will be able to get together on the Dyno Day....:o
Hope it goes well for everyone! And everyone leaves w/ thier rides in one piece still!!!!! ;) Be sure to post up your results!
See ya maybe on Sunday at Hooters?
:banana:TNT :banana:

Firme
12-09-2003, 08:03 AM
:( but Steve needs to get his beast dyno'd

G8RNTX
12-09-2003, 09:29 PM
Edmund,
I'll be there. I'm pulling, but with Kyle from HOS. He's doing some tuning on my car - getting the Predator. Any idea how long the group pulls will take? As Kyle has said, we'll be in line after you guys wrap up. Hopefully, I can get a break on dyno time since I'm "tagging on."

Firme
12-10-2003, 01:06 AM
Originally posted by G8RNTX
Edmund,
I'll be there. I'm pulling, but with Kyle from HOS. He's doing some tuning on my car - getting the Predator. Any idea how long the group pulls will take? As Kyle has said, we'll be in line after you guys wrap up. Hopefully, I can get a break on dyno time since I'm "tagging on."

not sure DeWayne... I'm sure it will depend on when they actually start... but I'm sure they will be pretty efficient..

I would say sometime around or after noon..

G8RNTX
12-10-2003, 10:20 AM
That's what I was figuring...I hope to see you guys there.

Admiral
12-12-2003, 07:40 AM
I'd like to attend if you have a slot left. I sent you a PM on FP, thanks!

roadruna
12-12-2003, 12:54 PM
Well it looks like I won't be making this one. My damn clutch is slipping pretty bad, especially at the high rpm's where I'm most interested to see the results of my rebuild. Don't really feel like spending $40 on some inaccurate results. I'll have to catch up with you guys next time or at one of the next meets in January.

Firme
12-12-2003, 02:22 PM
Originally posted by roadruna
Well it looks like I won't be making this one. My damn clutch is slipping pretty bad, especially at the high rpm's where I'm most interested to see the results of my rebuild. Don't really feel like spending $40 on some inaccurate results. I'll have to catch up with you guys next time or at one of the next meets in January.


doh:( , ok man, good luck with the clutch

Carl G
12-13-2003, 05:39 PM
This was a fun event today guys. Lots of turnout on a windy cold morning. It was good to see how good the 03 were turning out the HP. I plan to go to talk to the guys at Nathaniel's on Monday. There are just to many events coming up and I want to participate in. Remember the show 6 million dollar man, there was a quote where they said "We can rebuild him and make him better and stronger." I think Larry got the six million job. Maybe I can go for four. Anyway I plan to get it fixed now. Just hope it want cost a fortune.

Admiral
12-13-2003, 06:37 PM
Sorry I missed out after jumping on late. I got up at 4:00am to load the car and found my trailer blocked by some paving equipment! Seems that our pavers who are adding a circular drive took refuge from last night's rain in front of my enclosed trailer with their gear when they bugged out, I failed to notice it till too late.

Twice Bitten
12-13-2003, 09:26 PM
I spent late afternoon over at strictly performance, found out part of the problem-major belt slippage with small pulley.
578 bhp first pull with their chip
560 bhp second pull with my chip
air fuel, horsepower and torque graghs were exactly identicle between the chips. Horsepower would have been exactly the same if we would have let the engine cool down enough! Sorry to disappoint some you guys this morning, but hey, it is a work in progress:thumbsup:

Firme
12-14-2003, 12:38 AM
Originally posted by Twice Bitten
..... Sorry to disappoint some you guys this morning, but hey, it is a work in progress:thumbsup:


hey man, once the tuning is tweaked, I'm sure the car will be most impressive..:thumbsup:

Twice Bitten
12-14-2003, 07:46 AM
After thinking about the trip to Slaters and to Strictly, I have determined that that my original chip is not is nothing more than the standard burn that Diablo does for Kenne Bell with larger injectors:retard: When Richard at Strictly gets back on Monday, I will let him work on the tuning:thumbsup: I wonder if the cai is starving the engine of air, after watching the air/fuel ratio graph, may nned larger air intake;) I also plan to send specs of mods to the main tuner at Superchips, i would love to here what he has to say, may be going to Beaumont on Dec. 28th:thumbsup: Anyone intererested on going, I can trailer the car behind the grocery getter, that would leave foom for 6 others:cool: You can watch movies with a 5.1 surrond sound and have coke and popcorn:rotf: , No, really:thumbsup: The electronic baby sitter is great for long trips :baby: , it keeps everyone quiet! :D

03 cobra toy
12-14-2003, 10:41 AM
Originally posted by Twice Bitten
I spent late afternoon over at strictly performance, found out part of the problem-major belt slippage with small pulley.


Larry what did they do for the belt slip??? Maybe you need a lower pulley setup? It takes time to get these monsters tuned. Everone thinks they know how to but I think only a few realy do...... :thumbsup:

03 cobra toy
12-14-2003, 11:12 AM
Here is a web site for non slip pulleys....
http://www.southfloridapulleyhq.com/SFPH/cobra/ps_kb_nonslip_individual_pulleys.htm

Twice Bitten
12-14-2003, 11:31 AM
They put on a half inch shorter belt, and put ice on the blower while they changed out the plugs. Jerry the # 2 guy suggested trying the large 12 inch filter, thinks that I am restricting air flow with my set up. He also thinks I should put a 2 pound pulley on the bottom end and keep the 19 pound up top, he thinks I could make a quicker boost as well as more boost, and with what I have done to the internals, he thinks that the engine would love the extra air? I am sure that it would:D :thumbsup:

Twice Bitten
12-14-2003, 11:37 AM
Well since we know it is running rich, now would be a good time to add some giggle gas:D :jawdrop:

Evilcartman
12-14-2003, 02:29 PM
I may be interested in a road trip to watch. :rolleyes:

Twice Bitten
12-14-2003, 02:46 PM
I have plenty of room in both vehicles, but the grocery getter has the entertainment to go:bounce: I even have an infant carrier for your new child :baby: and Angela :rotf: Hey Edmond, What about you, since you are an instigator:arg: , I know you will want to video :D

Firme
12-14-2003, 04:47 PM
Originally posted by Twice Bitten
I have plenty of room in both vehicles, but the grocery getter has the entertainment to go:bounce: I even have an infant carrier for your new child :baby: and Angela :rotf: Hey Edmond, What about you, since you are an instigator:arg: , I know you will want to video :D

you know I'm in :thumbsup: , but is it the 28th or the 23rd??? if its the 23rd, isn't that a Tuesday?

Twice Bitten
12-14-2003, 05:54 PM
I will call tomorrow and find out.:o I am taking requests for the movies, drinks and snacks :cool:

Evilcartman
12-15-2003, 10:41 AM
Originally posted by Twice Bitten
I have plenty of room in both vehicles, but the grocery getter has the entertainment to go:bounce: I even have an infant carrier for your new child :baby: and Angela :rotf: Hey Edmond, What about you, since you are an instigator:arg: , I know you will want to video :D

That's sounds great, but we will have to play it by ear. Still no baby yet. Tomorrow is the due date and if the baby isn't born by next Tuesday the 23rd, I believe the doctor wants to induce.

03 cobra toy
12-15-2003, 12:07 PM
Originally posted by Evilcartman
That's sounds great, but we will have to play it by ear. Still no baby yet. Tomorrow is the due date and if the baby isn't born by next Tuesday the 23rd, I believe the doctor wants to induce.

:baby: Not much longer.....

Levi
12-15-2003, 12:14 PM
Originally posted by Evilcartman
That's sounds great, but we will have to play it by ear. Still no baby yet. Tomorrow is the due date and if the baby isn't born by next Tuesday the 23rd, I believe the doctor wants to induce.

It will be over soon. Hang in there.:thumbsup:


I think we are a little weird, Club meet to cruise to Beaumont for a dyno tune on a beast of an 03. Yea I'm in.:thumbsup:

Twice Bitten
12-15-2003, 03:22 PM
Talked to Richard at Strictly, after 3 pulls 658hp, 586 torque :D Now that is more like it :thumbsup: Still need to work out the leaning out at high end, but shall get there :cool:

Carl G
12-15-2003, 06:01 PM
Now that is some serious HP:jawdrop: Are we talking 10 second car or lower?:D :thumbsup: :thumbsup:

Levi
12-16-2003, 01:50 PM
Originally posted by Twice Bitten
Talked to Richard at Strictly, after 3 pulls 658hp, 586 torque :D Now that is more like it :thumbsup: Still need to work out the leaning out at high end, but shall get there :cool:

SWEET!:thumbsup:

John Chingasos
12-16-2003, 08:00 PM
can anyone post some pics from Dyno Day?????? and maybe we can post our results.........(cough.....cough Edmund? );)

Firme
12-16-2003, 08:50 PM
Originally posted by John Chingasos
can anyone post some pics from Dyno Day?????? and maybe we can post our results.........(cough.....cough Edmund? );)

k, let me upload some John

Twice Bitten
12-16-2003, 08:59 PM
For those of you who have any interest, you can check out one of the dyno pulls at http://www.strictlypro.com , this was not a full pull, read the results, at the flywheel add 100 hp:D :D :D :thumbsup: :thumbsup: :thumbsup: :thumbsup: :thumbsup: :burnout: :flash:

Firme
12-16-2003, 09:09 PM
Originally posted by Twice Bitten
For those of you who have any interest, you can check out one of the dyno pulls at http://www.strictlypro.com , this was not a full pull, read the results, at the flywheel add 100 hp:D :D :D :thumbsup: :thumbsup: :thumbsup: :thumbsup: :thumbsup: :burnout: :flash:

Here is the video itself so you have to dig it up on their page

Click below:

http://www.strictlypro.com/dyno%20video/Larry Frank.WMV

Carl G
12-16-2003, 09:33 PM
Those RPM's sure rev up fast! Wow!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

cobrapace94
12-17-2003, 12:51 PM
Originally posted by Twice Bitten
Talked to Richard at Strictly, after 3 pulls 658hp, 586 torque :D Now that is more like it :thumbsup: Still need to work out the leaning out at high end, but shall get there :cool:

Daym, that's some serious HP... Congrats on getting it sorted out (most of it FOR NOW)... Definatly need to go for a ride in the beast now.. :thumbsup: :jawdrop: :tomcat: :flash: :flag: :banana:

Twice Bitten
12-26-2003, 11:10 PM
The trip to Beaumont is on this Sunday. Those of you interested in going should meet us at Starbucks on 1960 across from Willowbrook mall at 8 am on Sunday the 28th. We can meet there and drive to my house to leave your cars, pile into my truck and or Excursion if needed. Right now I have reserved a 2 car trailer, I will find out tomorrow if it will work, if not then I will go to plan b. Let me know if you can go so I can plan accordingly, thanks, Larry:thumbsup:

Evilcartman
12-26-2003, 11:17 PM
Hmmm. I'm very interested. May have to talk to Angela about it. I don't think she will want to go though.

Firme
12-27-2003, 02:12 AM
Hope you can go keith.. I'm excited to see what this SCT chip can do..