PDA

View Full Version : Autorama

Carl G
12-07-2003, 01:06 PM
Hey guys, went to Autorama yesterday and had a great time but was disapointed in the showing of cobras on the floor. Not that many. I'm wondering what it would take to show as a club next year. Is it very expensive? It would be a great way to get the word out. Anyone interrested. I'm gain. There was a lot of chevy clubs there. The auction was a blast but not many cars making the reserve and not selling. Must be the economy! Something to think about!

97CasperCobra
12-07-2003, 01:36 PM
We talked about doing this as a club for this year, but guess there wasn't enough interest. Christine and Steve know all about the Autorama and what it takes to put the car in there. I'd love to see the club have a spot and advertise our events. :thumbsup:

Carl G
12-07-2003, 01:53 PM
I am serious about this for next year! Let get some cost and look at it. I think it would be fun to do and great exposure for the club.

Firme
12-07-2003, 08:20 PM
Originally posted by Carl G
I am serious about this for next year! Let get some cost and look at it. I think it would be fun to do and great exposure for the club.

agreed
:thumbsup:

Topless In Tex
12-08-2003, 01:10 AM
Would be nice if i could have my seats replaced and my paint done by next year. i dont see it happening, but you never know.. :(
ya. even if not, if ya'll want to get together and show at Autorama, me and Steve would be more than happy to help ya out...Just let us know.
:banana:TNT:banana:

Carl G
12-08-2003, 09:45 AM
Christine, who do we need to contact to get things rolling for next year. I would like to find out cost per car and are there any club discounts with what the minimum would be. We should be able to save up a few bucks between now and next year if we have some idea of what we are looking at.:thumbsup:

John Chingasos
12-08-2003, 10:59 AM
I would be interested too......did anyone see the red 93 cobra with the roll cage?? It was beautiful

Firme
12-08-2003, 12:08 PM
It would be good to find out the cost so that we can properly prepare for it...

Carl G
12-08-2003, 04:34 PM
Originally posted by John Chingasos
I would be interested too......did anyone see the red 93 cobra with the roll cage?? It was beautiful

I saw it and the paint was outstanding on that car. To pretty for a track car.

97CasperCobra
12-08-2003, 04:38 PM
Originally posted by John Chingasos
......did anyone see the red 93 cobra with the roll cage?? It was beautiful

Think it was there last year. Too nice, wouldn't mind having that one. ;)

Carl G
12-08-2003, 10:01 PM
Originally posted by Carl G
Hey guys, went to Autorama yesterday and had a great time but was disapointed in the showing of cobras on the floor. Not that many. I'm wondering what it would take to show as a club next year. Is it very expensive? It would be a great way to get the word out. Anyone interrested. I'm gain. There was a lot of chevy clubs there. The auction was a blast but not many cars making the reserve and not selling. Must be the economy! Something to think about! :) :) :)

Ok, I have done a little research on this today so as you can tell I really would like to see the club do this;) I went on line and found out the cost for this year show. Individual spots were only a $100.00 and from what I can tell club showing was $150.00 per entry. I sent an e-mail and ask what would be the cost for next year and if there were any discounts available. I have not received a reply but will keep you guys up to date. It would be cool to have a variety of year models and some of the R's out there like Andy and Larry's. We can all save $15.00 a month to show next year. Christine if you have anything different from this please let us know.

Topless In Tex
12-08-2003, 11:51 PM
Hey Carl..
Ya, I think those figures are off....I will find out for sure. You do have to join ISCA (International Show Car Ass.) to show there, and that fee is added onto your entry fee of $35 I believe, if individual...so, if going ind. you are looking at $50 I think, but I am not sure. And I dont remember off hand what mine was, but I have not shown there in 2 years....
I will email Dottie, our Arama Chairman, and get ALL the particulars for all that and for the GROUP as well....you pay extra for electricity, etc...
Might not tonight, I'm beat, but I will early this week.
...she has LOTS of useful info that you will want!! :)

Also....Mine and WhiteSnakes Club, Space City Cruisers got the 1st place for BEST CLUB DISPLAY!!!!!!! :thumbsup: CONGRATS TO EVEYONE! ;)

Carl G
12-09-2003, 09:30 PM
Originally posted by Topless In Tex
Hey Carl..
Ya, I think those figures are off....I will find out for sure. You do have to join ISCA (International Show Car Ass.) to show there, and that fee is added onto your entry fee of $35 I believe, if individual...so, if going ind. you are looking at $50 I think, but I am not sure. And I dont remember off hand what mine was, but I have not shown there in 2 years....
I will email Dottie, our Arama Chairman, and get ALL the particulars for all that and for the GROUP as well....you pay extra for electricity, etc...
Might not tonight, I'm beat, but I will early this week.
...she has LOTS of useful info that you will want!! :)

Also....Mine and WhiteSnakes Club, Space City Cruisers got the 1st place for BEST CLUB DISPLAY!!!!!!! :thumbsup: CONGRATS TO EVEYONE! ;)

Christine you are correct, I did some more checking and the fee is $50 which includes your 1 yr memebership to ISCA and entry fee. I printed out a form and will take tonight to starbucks to talk over with the guys. Appreciate your input. This makes it even easier to show. I think this would be a blast to do with other club members and of course that great looking stang of yours that I saw at Joe Myers this year.:thumbsup:

03 cobra toy
12-10-2003, 10:26 AM
:thumbsup: Looks good to me....maybe by than I'll have a KB or Wip on top of my engine :rolleyes:

Carl G
12-10-2003, 02:59 PM
Yea, Larry's KB sure look sweet last night. I could not get over how smooth the motor was at idle with new cam and internals. They did a good job on his motor. I may be heading in that direction very soon. Anyway back to Autorama, thanks David for the support. A little planning and this could turn into something big.

Topless In Tex
12-12-2003, 04:51 AM
Its a good thing to see you so motivated so soon..I will get you some info from Dottie soon...

There are ALOT of things to consider when doing a CLUB DIPLAY, (carpet, stanchions, DISPLAY itself [theme] ) and, it does cost some MONEY...... and alot of teamwork and help from everyone involved...
One thing to think about...this next spring when the shows kick in...try like hell to get as many members to go out to all the local shows to get the 'Club Participation' awards...they are usually a big fat check..$$$ (or it is w/ ours...$150.) Not everyones is that big, but they are usually a monetary award, and MOST of your major shows do that.. Put it in a seperate account, to save for the things you WILL need to make your display. Because it will cost to get it together, ALONG w/ your entry fees (payed by the individuals)...you dont want to go in there without a display of some kind, and the carpet, stanchions, etc.
Its taken us about 6 years to get our display...the piping, boxes, lighting, (thankfully enough, we have people who are experts in these fields to do it, that are club members) and we are gonna use the $500 for the best Club Display to by the tiles to lay down, cuz were sick of jacking w/ the carpet....
Just something to keep in mind, and MAYBE we will be seeing a WHOLE lot more of SCMC out to the local shows in the spring....Yall need someone to head up the 'show circuit'...and advise of all the shows and get the commraderie (sp) together to ramrod all of that...Not that you dont, but if you are REALLY SERIOUS about doing ARAMA next year, as a Club, that extra money comes in handy....It will really help you out....all this just came to mind for me, and I just want to put the bug in your ear. :)
And, ya'll can rest assured, even if it is a Space City Cruiser show, me and Steve will ALWAYS put SCMC down as our club...we cant show w/ the general public anyways... but we DO count w/ ya'll.... ;) :thumbsup:
Good luck..and you got the right idea...your getting a really early start! :cool:

Carl G
12-12-2003, 09:56 AM
Great info and advise Christine. Thanks for the heads up and look forward to talking to you about this project. I am looking at getting some sponsorships if possible to help with the cost. Once again thanks for your input.