PDA

View Full Version : Engine Upgrades

John Chingasos
12-08-2003, 05:49 PM
Hey you all....Yall

I want my engine in my Cobra to be show quality but dont know what to do as far as chroming parts or getting Cobra Head covers etc. Any suggestions? All comments are appreciated:banana: :firebounc :vampsmile :blast: :angel: :teleport:

LATE .......

Firme
12-08-2003, 06:05 PM
yeah... look at Steve's 5.0 :D

Evilcartman
12-08-2003, 06:15 PM
It all depends on how much you want to spend. A good detail job is the first place to start. I still haven't really done one on the Lightning. Maybe a engine detailing day is in order?

97CasperCobra
12-08-2003, 11:30 PM
Originally posted by Evilcartman
Maybe a engine detailing day is in order?

Yea...I gave myself 2 hours of cleaning my engine last Sat, didn't get even HALF done. Oil everywhere from the guys at the dealership starting my engine w/valve cover off. :arg:

Here's what I got done:

97CasperCobra
12-08-2003, 11:31 PM
Still have a LOT to do, but need to find a weekend when I can take a lot of stuff off my engine to throughly clean. This is how it looks after I cleaned just a little bit(mostly the plug wires):

Twice Bitten
12-09-2003, 05:58 AM
I have a few parts left over that could dress up your engine very nicely, Mike:D :thumbsup: You have the tools to install everything yourself:doubt: :rotf:

cobrapace94
12-09-2003, 02:25 PM
Hey John, you need to check out MGW (http://www.mgwltd.com/mustang.html) , they have some good engine dress up items. They are billet aluminum pieces.
Another place is UPR (http://www.uprproducts.com/), not as good of fit & finish, IMO, but has more dress up items.

This is of course after you have cleaned, cleaned & cleaned some more on your engine. You can also hide the wires inside the engine compartment. A major bling bling item under the hood is a Super Charger or Turbo...... Also a plus is it adds Horse Power.. :):thumbsup:
Go to FFW in May and there are a lot of vendors selling shiny parts to go on you car. Another option is to send out the parts to get chrome plated.
Might want to go to Clear lake on Sunday and check out Steve (WhiteSnake) 94 Cobra and Christine (Topless in Texas). You can go as far as your wallet will let you.

cobltng
12-10-2003, 09:02 AM
As cobrapace has stated,after you are sick of cleaning the engine,clean it again. You can purchase valve covers for the pushrod motors just about everywhere. You can get plain chromed 302/351 covers that are very nice,you can get finned aluminum covers with "Ford motorsport" lettering or "Cobra" lettering. The most cost effective way to dress up your motor today is to purchase chromed "cover" pieces that slip over the strut tower shock ends,oil filters,washer covers, etc,etc, These are available from places like Year one,Cal Mustang,Mustang's Unlimited and 100's more. The easiest thing for you to do is pick up a copy of Muscle Mustangs & Fast Fords, or 5.0 & Super Fords. Log on to any of the suppliers and have your credit Card ready.Some items you will have to have plated since you want be able to buy them already plated or covers for them. I recommend Airline Platers. Located on Airline drive between Tidwell and Parker Road. They are the very best,but expensive. I will be at the Hooters Show on NASA Rd this coming Sunday and would be happy to answer any questions you may have. We started showing our 92 GT in 1993 @FFW. To date it has won 57 1st place awards. Steve and Christine have some of the finest Rides around and you should check them out. Her's is a GT,Steves is a Cobra. I will be showing either the GT,Cobra or Lightning. Hope to see you. There are also some extreme examples as well., Bill Rios and Dave Mizler's Cobra's:thumbsup: