PDA

View Full Version : 2004 Open Track Schedule.

Levi
12-12-2003, 01:42 PM
TDE MSR February 7-8 Clockwise

TDE TWS March 6-7
SVTOA MSR March 21

TDE MSR April 17-18

PDE Hallett May 1-2

30th Annual Mid-America Ford Meet
June 10th-13th, 2004
Time: TBA
three days @ Hallet

TDE TWS June 12-13 Clockwise

TDE MSR Sept. 11-12 Clockw

SVTOA TWS October 2-3
TDE TWS October 9-10
SCMC TWS October 16-17 :run:

TDE MSR November 13-14 Clockw

TDE MSR December 4-5

All SCMCers :run:
Stan :cool:
David :D
Andy M :)
JoeJ ;)
Edmond :edmond:
Mike :starwars:
Larry :burnout:
Carl G :p
Gary :baby:

To add your name, pick a smilie and post the events you would like to go to, etc.

Hotel Info.:

TWS
Manor House Inn of College Station
2504 Texas Ave. South
College Station, Texas 77840
1-800-231-4100

MSR
Motel 6 (brand new and nice)
8601 Hwy 377 South
Benbrook, Texas
(817) 249-8885

Firme
12-12-2003, 02:21 PM
Stan, I'd like to do MSR in march...

Also, I will post this on the Website :thumbsup:

03 cobra toy
12-12-2003, 02:37 PM
:edmond: That's Edmond to the T ...........That's tooo funny Stan :bounce:

Put me down for NASA TWS April 3-4 :D

Admiral
12-12-2003, 04:22 PM
BTW, NASA Directors have informed us that all 2004 NASA events will be in the Counter-Clockwise direction.

It matters to some of us - me in particular, lol.

03 cobra toy
12-12-2003, 04:29 PM
Originally posted by Admiral
BTW, NASA Directors have informed us that all 2004 NASA events will be in the Counter-Clockwise direction.

It matters to some of us - me in particular, lol.

Cool ....it's going to be like a new track

Admiral, What kind of extra stuff do we need to do to run with the NASA group? THE RULES?

Admiral
12-12-2003, 04:35 PM
If you are doing the HPDE/OT stuff, then not much. Simply sign up at www.nasatx.com and get the tech sheet stuff done in advance if possible. If you are new to this, then they'll assign an instructor and put you in the novice run group.

Before I started racing with NASA, I couldn't tell the difference between TDE, NASA, or TMS with respect to how the HPDE/OT events were run. Saw the same instructors at both, same cornerworkers, and same event staff usually with the exception of who is running the operation.

I don't mean to gloss over any details, I'm just not sure how experienced all of you may be. I know Andy and JoeJ are very experienced, NASA is the same as TDE when it comes to HPDE and OT weekends.

One cool thing, if you plan on racing eventually, then tell NASA you want to do a program called "RaceCraft" where your HPDE/OT weekends count toward your Competition Licensing school requirements. The RaceCraft course is the same as the HPDE course, just get to credit the time spent on the track towards the Novice License permit.

johnbasf
12-12-2003, 06:19 PM
Welcome to the board Admiral. :thumbsup:

Firme
12-12-2003, 08:39 PM
Originally posted by 03 cobra toy
:edmond: That's Edmond to the T ...........That's tooo funny Stan :bounce:

hey gimme some credit, I picked that one myself :D

Levi
12-12-2003, 09:04 PM
Originally posted by Firme
hey gimme some credit, I picked that one myself :D

If you all want to change your smilie just let me know, I was playing with this idea of a thread for open track and just so I just did it.

97CasperCobra
12-12-2003, 09:45 PM
:starwars: <---- those who know me would say this one fits me perfectly.

Not sure if I'll be making any track duties in '04 except for the SCMC one, but miracles do happen. :D

Twice Bitten
12-13-2003, 02:33 AM
:burnout: :flash:

03 cobra toy
12-14-2003, 10:11 AM
Edmond can you make this a STICKY Please.......;)

Twice Bitten
12-14-2003, 11:40 AM
:flash: Can you chnge the color to silver and make it go in a circle for David?:D

97CasperCobra
12-14-2003, 12:57 PM
Originally posted by 03 cobra toy
Edmond can you make this a STICKY Please.......;)

Done. :thumbsup:

Carl G
12-15-2003, 08:49 PM
:p
this one works for me.

Looks like March 6,7 at MSR works for me now provifed I got all bugs out of motor by then.

Twice Bitten
12-15-2003, 08:52 PM
It took only 5 months to get my car back:doubt: Still working on bugs, making good progress though, wouldn't you say :D

Carl G
12-15-2003, 09:03 PM
Yea I would say that for sure. It is good you are ahead so that I can follow in your steps and learn what and not to do. :thumbsup:

Andy M
12-16-2003, 10:43 PM
I will try to confirm that the MSR event in March is not just a NASA race?... and is an open event? like the TDE events are???

Anyone know for sure???

if it is in fact an open event, that would likely be my next track event....as I have promised my wife I would take a couple of months off from track.

Then, likely my next one after that would be the Porsche Club event at HAllet. I have been two years in a row with Joe and a bunch of our Mustang buddies from Dallas, and that is just too much fun!!! Hallet is a technical track like MSR and it is all kinds of fun beating up on the Porsches! :thumbsup:

Admiral
12-17-2003, 06:01 AM
Andy and others:

NASA weekends are HPDE/OT and Racing events. Similar to other HPDE weekends, seperate run groups for experience levels. On a NASA weekend, some run groups happen to be race groups. More info can be found here: http://www.nasatx.com/main.asp
or by emailing info@nasatx.com to get the info straight from them.

IMHO this is one thing that NASA does very well vs some other established race organizations, they have schools/DE/races every event weekend. No more trying to schedule getting your license around one or two competition schools per year.

IMHO, it would be great to have SCMC out there with us on a weekend. Between CMC and AI and SCMC that would be a ton of Mustangs and enthusiasts comparing notes, swapping stories, and generally hanging out at the track! Besides, my old car feels better (but looks worse) hanging out with all you "exotics", LOL!

Levi
12-17-2003, 09:59 AM
If you are doing the HPDE/OT stuff, then not much. Simply sign up at www.nasatx.com and get the tech sheet stuff done in advance if possible. If you are new to this, then they'll assign an instructor and put you in the novice run group.

Before I started racing with NASA, I couldn't tell the difference between TDE, NASA, or TMS with respect to how the HPDE/OT events were run. Saw the same instructors at both, same cornerworkers, and same event staff usually with the exception of who is running the operation.

I don't mean to gloss over any details, I'm just not sure how experienced all of you may be. I know Andy and JoeJ are very experienced, NASA is the same as TDE when it comes to HPDE and OT weekends.

One cool thing, if you plan on racing eventually, then tell NASA you want to do a program called "RaceCraft" where your HPDE/OT weekends count toward your Competition Licensing school requirements. The RaceCraft course is the same as the HPDE course, just get to credit the time spent on the track towards the Novice License permit.
Andy and others:

NASA weekends are HPDE/OT and Racing events. Similar to other HPDE weekends, seperate run groups for experience levels. On a NASA weekend, some run groups happen to be race groups. More info can be found here: http://www.nasatx.com/main.asp
or by emailing info@nasatx.com to get the info straight from them.

IMHO this is one thing that NASA does very well vs some other established race organizations, they have schools/DE/races every event weekend. No more trying to schedule getting your license around one or two competition schools per year.

IMHO, it would be great to have SCMC out there with us on a weekend. Between CMC and AI and SCMC that would be a ton of Mustangs and enthusiasts comparing notes, swapping stories, and generally hanging out at the track! Besides, my old car feels better (but looks worse) hanging out with all you "exotics", LOL!

Thanks for all this great information, this will help in rounding up all us mustangers. Thanks again.:thumbsup:

Twice Bitten
12-21-2003, 05:37 PM
Hallet for sure. I will add others as I become sure! :fart:

Levi
01-02-2004, 09:32 AM
I have to change my schedule due to the fact that I can only due one OT event every third month. We have our Austin cruise a couple of weeks after the March OT event. So with that in mind the April OT is off the sched for me.

PS: I am still working out the details on how I'm going to get my car to Hallett and back.

03 cobra toy
01-21-2004, 10:29 AM
MSR March 6-7

Cost is $260
Feb we should be able to sign up on line so I would wait untill then.

http://www.nasatx.com

Motel 6 (brand new and nice)
8601 Hwy 377 South
Benbrook, Texas
(817) 249-8885
Room rates: one adult $42.93, two adults $49.71

Going:
David
Carl
Stan
Larry&?
Edman
Gary

Levi
01-23-2004, 09:51 AM
Thanks David (tripod) for the info update. :D

Bingo13
01-24-2004, 01:10 PM
I will be doing MSR on February 7th and 8th. It will be interesting in an almost stock car.
I will also do MSR again on March 6th and 7th with a new setup.
I should make TWS twice this year based upon the budget. ;)

Give me the :baby: icon.

Admiral
01-26-2004, 05:01 AM
Two of the NASA Mustangers I race with have said they won't stay at the Benbrook Motel 6 again, if it helps ya'll out. Just don't want any of you to go to a crummy room after a hard day's fun!

They are shopping for a group rate today in Granbury which is a little bit closer to the track, I'll pass along what they come up with.

Levi
01-26-2004, 09:42 AM
Originally posted by Bingo13
I will be doing MSR on February 7th and 8th. It will be interesting in an almost stock car.
I will also do MSR again on March 6th and 7th with a new setup.
I should make TWS twice this year based upon the budget. ;)

Give me the :baby: icon.

Look forward to see you at the track.:thumbsup:

Levi
01-26-2004, 09:44 AM
Two of the NASA Mustangers I race with have said they won't stay at the Benbrook Motel 6 again, if it helps ya'll out. Just don't want any of you to go to a crummy room after a hard day's fun!

They are shopping for a group rate today in Granbury which is a little bit closer to the track, I'll pass along what they come up with.

Any information is helpful, Thanks Admiral.:thumbsup:

jwfisher
02-04-2004, 09:19 AM
What's up w/the SCMC TWS event this year? Supossed to be late in the year?

Yes, I'm looking forward to getting sunburned again this year!

Levi
02-04-2004, 09:58 AM
Originally posted by jwfisher

The weather should be better due to the events in October; at least it will be cooler temperatures. :thumbsup:

Firme
02-04-2004, 10:12 AM
Originally posted by jwfisher

Whats up Jeff. hehe sorry to disappoint you, but this years SCMC TWS event is October 16-17. ;) (much better than August :thumbsup: )

jwfisher
02-04-2004, 11:01 AM
Good - my doctor told me never go to one of your August events again!

But, October will be perfect!

Levi
02-06-2004, 04:35 PM
OK I can't do Hallett due to the need for Coil-Overs before Oct TWS and maybe a new nose(splitter). It will take some time due to I have to pay off a charge card also. I have this track bug and I will be ready for next years Open Track. :cool:
http://www.sinisterstangs.com/db3/00206/sinisterstangs.com/_uimages/stangFront.jpg

Firme
02-06-2004, 04:44 PM
damn stan, I think that is :drool:

Levi
02-06-2004, 04:56 PM
damn stan, I think that is :drool:

I think so too, man I have the bug really bad. MODS.........need more..........:D
Check it out. RRRRRRRRRRRRRRR
http://www.sinisterstangs.com/db3/00206/sinisterstangs.com/_uimages/IMG_2230.JPG

Firme
02-06-2004, 07:32 PM
damn :drool:

Although, I think the 95 R hood would lood better than the 00R hood..

Levi
02-09-2004, 03:22 PM
damn :drool:

Although, I think the 95 R hood would lood better than the 00R hood..

I'm with you on that, probably will keep my stock hood.:D

03 cobra toy
03-15-2004, 10:02 AM
What's next????

Levi
03-15-2004, 12:43 PM
What's next????

I may have to change my schdule due to the racing bug I got over the last weekend.

For now,,,,,,,,,I will keep the Cobra for open track(holdup on anymore mods). Looking for fox or sn-95 chassis to go CMC racing.

Racing Bug:bounce:

coleman
03-15-2004, 11:22 PM
please add the DFW SVTOA event on 3/21 at MSR
http://www.dfwsvtoa.com/phpBB2/viewtopic.php?t=46

03 cobra toy
03-28-2004, 07:33 PM
What's next????

I feel the need for speed..... What is the next event we should do??? Who's going to Hallett???

coleman
03-29-2004, 12:54 AM
i'm trying to go to this event:

Event: 30th Annual Mid-America Ford Meet
Date: June 10th-13th, 2004

three days @ Hallet :thumbsup:

03 cobra toy
03-29-2004, 12:03 PM
i'm trying to go to this event:

That looks good...

97CasperCobra
03-31-2004, 11:53 PM

Hmmmm....if I can swing it at work.....I just may be able to make it. Need to get some sticky tires first. :D

coleman
04-01-2004, 12:09 AM
i've really got to go to that one!!!

coleman
05-04-2004, 03:10 PM
I just came back from Hallet for Mayfast: May 1-2.

coleman - :rotf:

I'll be at the Mid-America meet all three days

add me to the list :bounce:

Firme
05-11-2004, 11:01 AM
I just came back from Hallet for Mayfast: May 1-2.

coleman - :rotf:

I'll be at the Mid-America meet all three days
add me to the list :bounce:

hope you can make it to our event, on the 16-17th, again this year colemn :D

coleman
05-12-2004, 01:57 PM
we're expecting our fourth child in early October, so I may not be able to.
but, we'll see what unfolds.

Jesse99
05-13-2004, 03:41 PM
we're expecting our fourth child in early October,

congratulation...

Levi
05-13-2004, 03:56 PM
we're expecting our fourth child in early October, so I may not be able to.
but, we'll see what unfolds.

Congrats. :thumbsup:

Bring the kids and even the newborn, will need corner marshall’s and the newborn will make a cone marker. j/k

Codes
10-17-2004, 08:56 PM
Is anyone from the group going to the MSR events in Nov or Dec? Me and Dad are HOOKED.

Edit: TDE??

Help me out guys, I want to go to more events.

03 cobra toy
10-18-2004, 10:11 AM
Is anyone from the group going to the MSR events in Nov or Dec? Me and Dad are HOOKED.

Edit: TDE??

Help me out guys, I want to go to more events.

:rotf: HOOKED :thumbsup:

03 cobra toy
10-19-2004, 03:17 PM
The Driver's Edge 2004 Schedule

Motorsport Ranch November 13 & 14 Clockwise $275 Registration

2005 Events

Motorsport Ranch February 5 & 6 $275 Registration

Texas World Speedway March 5 & 6 $275 Registration

http://www.thedriversedge.net/