PDA

View Full Version : MSR Videos

Andy M
12-14-2003, 12:38 PM
Gang,

Check out this link...

there are two video files beginning with "TDE MSR..."

right mouse click and "Save as" on your hard disk please...

one is encoded using 384k compression and the other using T1 speed compression... the first is around 5 Megs and the second is about 22 Megs large.

I will also be editing and posting some video of Stan and David as soon as time permits, so watch this thread for more....

http://mustangers.daltindesigns.com

:bounce: :bounce: Sure was fun!!!!

johnbasf
12-14-2003, 01:51 PM
I want a ride if we ever do one together , great video.:thumbsup: :D

97CasperCobra
12-14-2003, 02:16 PM
Very nice Andy...looks like you and Joe were eatin' those F-bodies up. :thumbsup:

Andy M
12-14-2003, 03:15 PM
Originally posted by 97CasperCobra
Very nice Andy...looks like you and Joe were eatin' those F-bodies up. :thumbsup: Thanks Mike!!! We were having a BLAST out there! During this particular session on Saturday, we passed up almost everyone in our group.. except for the guy in Porsche GT3! Damned, that thing is FAST!!!:eek:

We had a great time with F bodys and the Vipers though...;)

Andy M
12-14-2003, 03:17 PM
Originally posted by johnbasf
I want a ride if we ever do one together , great video.:thumbsup: :D John, it would great if we could get together and run on the same track some time?!!

Boy, we sure had fun last weekend! Once the track and the tires warmed up, we were scorching the pavement!!:D

johnbasf
12-14-2003, 03:30 PM
I just watched it AGAIN, the R's sound SO nice. I'm glad the kid that rode with Joe at Road Atlanta didn't puke. I talked Joe into giving him a ride.:rotf:

Firme
12-14-2003, 04:41 PM
Awesome Video Andy!! :thumbsup: and great driving to boot..:bounce:

Andy M
12-14-2003, 06:27 PM
Thanks Edmond!

We sure had some big fun last weekend!!! MSR is a hellavu track! and the facilities are AWESOME! Too bad it is not as close as TWS??:(

Shane
12-15-2003, 12:00 AM
Andy nice videos wish i was rideing or driving.Well been doing some research on the 66 mustang tinking about 13 inch disk all around need some good breaks.Also think im going with a 427 stoker motor i think it will be enough hp crate motor.Plus a 9 inch rear end well thats all the news for now later :thumbsup:

03 cobra toy
12-15-2003, 12:05 PM
:thumbsup: Great Vids Andy.....I can't wait to go back...What a great time we had :D

Levi
12-15-2003, 12:24 PM
Yes, that's what I remember. Awesome video Andy.:thumbsup:

I can't wait, want more track time.:bounce:

johnbasf
12-15-2003, 03:59 PM
The "track crack pipe" has hit more members, WELCOME. :thumbsup: :thumbsup:

Twice Bitten
12-15-2003, 10:34 PM
Great video Andy.:thumbsup: I can tell the difference in rear end gears between your car and Joes. Joe you are one heck of a driver:thumbsup:

Andy M
12-16-2003, 08:32 AM
Originally posted by Twice Bitten
Great video Andy.:thumbsup: I can tell the difference in rear end gears between your car and Joes. Joe you are one heck of a driver:thumbsup: Larry,

Yes, especially on a shorter track configuration like MSR, I can definitely see the difference when Joe is ahead of me... he outpulls me coming out of the turns. The 4.10 gears sure do work well on the shorter tracks. It is less of an advantage at a track like TWS.

Dude, you gotta come out and play with us next time!!!!:bounce:
And if Jason Morman comes too, that would be 4 Cobra R's at once at the track!!

Twice Bitten
12-16-2003, 09:06 AM
I want to do MSR, Rachel and I been talking about Hallet, especially since it is so close to her brother:thumbsup: :cool: :bounce:

JoeJ
12-16-2003, 10:15 AM
Guys,

Oh yes, Andy and I sure had a blast at MSR. I am not sure the 4.10 gears are that much of an advantage. I guess I can come off the turns a bit faster but I run out of rpm just prior to the next turn and have to shift or let it rev at a high rpm.

I really believe that 3.73 gears are the best compromise for most road courses.

Andy sure has improved his driving abilities over the past year. He can now push me around the track and make me step it up a bit...:thumbsup:

After the session with the young boy, I will now emphasize to my passangers that if they feel a bit sick, just give me a nudge and I will come in...lol...Man, I am still trying to get the smell out.

Ok guys, we all must save up and go open tracking together in the new year...Everyone who has not been to MSR and Hallett is really missing out on very challenging road courses. TWS is fun and fast but just not challenging as the other two.

Levi
12-16-2003, 01:55 PM
I want to do MSR, Rachel and I been talking about Hallet, especially since it is so close to her brother:thumbsup: :cool: :bounce:

Let me know and I will put you on are/the open track sched.

johnbasf
12-17-2003, 03:46 PM
Where's those other videos Andy?? :D

03 cobra toy
12-17-2003, 03:51 PM

You just read my mind :thumbsup:

Andy M
12-17-2003, 05:30 PM
geez... you guys are so impatient! you remind me of my wife.. nag nag nag!! LOL!!;)

I will try to get this done this evening.. if I can make time? otherwise, some time between now and next week...

I have to find the tape with the track time taped from the fence near the straight part of the track...

hang tight.. I didn't forget about you guys!:D

03 cobra toy
12-17-2003, 05:58 PM

John started it.....:rotf: :rotf: ;) No problem Andy....

johnbasf
12-17-2003, 07:11 PM
I WANT VIDEOS!!! I'M JONESING HERE!! :rotf:

Levi
12-18-2003, 09:53 AM
Yea Man, weee nnneeed that vv video.

You ALL started this and now I'm hooked,

OPEN TRACK OPEN TRACK OPEN TRACK OPEN TRACK

It's ok, I will be allright, give me a minute,,,,,,,,,,breathe in, breathe out.

I'm ok now.:thumbsup:

:rotf:

johnbasf
12-23-2003, 06:39 PM
I'm still waiting Andy!!!!! :rotf:

Andy M
12-23-2003, 08:39 PM
John,

I didn't forget about you man... sorry for the delay! I've been really busy the last couple of days... it may not be until Sunday night before I have time to work on this again?.....

I promise to give you guys this for XMAS though?... ;-)

Twice Bitten
12-23-2003, 08:53 PM
Andy the TRACK dealer, you have gotten all of us hooked:bounce: :thumbsup: :cool:

Firme
12-24-2003, 01:26 AM
Andy the TRACK dealer, you have gotten all of us hooked:bounce: :thumbsup: :cool:

... and here is his #1 client

http://www.svtmustangcobraclub.com/imgs/misc/Hooked_on_track.jpg

Andy M
12-24-2003, 08:21 AM
Originally posted by Firme

http://www.svtmustangcobraclub.com/imgs/misc/Hooked_on_track.jpg I love it!! Glad to be of service! ;) Someone's gotta provide you guys with a fix... it may as well be me?!!:D

03 cobra toy
12-24-2003, 09:28 AM
quote:
Originally posted by Firme

:thumbsup: 3 wheels are better than 2 :rotf:"have you driven your Cobra on 3 wheels lately"

Carl G
12-24-2003, 10:52 AM
Man, I cant wait to get my car back. It all Andy's fault. He got me hooked also. Hey John are you going to be in Tennesee for the Aniversary meet? Some of us from Houston are going to make our way there. Would like to meet. The Dragon Run sounds like a blast.