PDA

View Full Version : motor/oil

boostedstang
12-24-2003, 11:27 PM
I have a 99 cobra with a SQ charger. It blew up and I changed it out. My questions are: It smoke like a train will that pass as all the oil get burn off.2: How many quarts of oil does it take to fill it up. I put 7 in it is that too much should I drain one out? Thanks for the help.

tcrews
12-25-2003, 06:24 PM
Is the engine smoking or are you talking about left over oil in your exhaust system from when you blew up?

6 quarts, 6.5 quarts is good to run with the blower.

boostedstang
12-26-2003, 12:36 AM
Ya that is what I am talking about I hope. I put 7 quarts in it. I put a breather in the value cover and now it want idle? Y is that ?It is also blow oil out the breather any ideal y. Thanks for the help

redsnake99
12-26-2003, 08:58 AM
On my 99 with SQ charger, each oil change takes 6.5 quarts. Some of that goes into the charger head. Filling a dry one may take 7. Don't know about breathers, didn't add them to mine.

The only oil problem I've had was recently when the shaft which goes into the block from the oil filter base worked its way loose and I got a severe leak ( 2-foot puddle within 30 seconds of starting the car). With a tow to True Blue and a half-hour diagnosis and fix, all is OK again.

:D

smashedheadcat
12-26-2003, 01:03 PM
I thought when you added the breathers to the valve covers, you needed to have your tune altered. Some kind of adjustment for crankcase pressure. Could be the problem??

Josh

boostedstang
12-26-2003, 07:25 PM
Might be. That is what i am thinking. But y would oil come out of the breather unless he crank case is getting pressure in it. Is there another way I don't know about?

smashedheadcat
12-27-2003, 05:53 PM
I'm not sure. Rob's 93 cobra spit a touch of oil out of the breather while on the dyno. Caused a little smoke. His car seemed fine (and powerful btw).

boostedstang
12-29-2003, 09:05 PM
ya know any good tunner in NC.

redsnake99
12-30-2003, 01:02 AM
Many of us in NC use True Blue Performance in Raleigh for Cobra engine tuning.

They are well known for their good work.

http://www.true-blueperformance.com/

smashedheadcat
01-01-2004, 01:19 PM
Kinda going against what Dave said, check out this one. www.haywoodspeed.com This is Randy Haywood's new shop. He's the man that tuned most of the True Blue Performance cars. Randy used to work at True Blue, and has since moved on. In turn, True Blue Performance does not have an active dyno at the present time. Randy Haywood has done some amazing things, and is one of the top modular engine builders/tuners in the country.

True Blue Performance has one hell of an engine program btw.

Josh