PDA

View Full Version : Mac Off Road Pipes?

M.Ozzy
01-04-2004, 02:11 PM
I am about to order the Mac Off Road H pipe. Was wondering if going catless on a stock engine is a good idea. Should I expect a loss of power because of decreased back pressure? Any thoughts about these pipes? I know a lot of people out ther are using them any feedback is appreciated. Thanks - Mike

Hazman
01-04-2004, 02:59 PM
I put a Mac O/R H-pipe on my 97 along with Steeda underdrive pullies. Dyno says I gained 22 RWHP. Dragstrip says I cut 0.4 seconds off my 1/8 mile time.

tcrews
01-05-2004, 08:06 AM
No, you will not lose any power from "decreased back pressure". :) You'll gain both horsepower and torque throughout the rpm range.

laserred
01-06-2004, 09:15 PM
Go without cats if you can get away with it. I currently have a Bassani xpipe without cats and I previously had them. I changed and won't go back if I can help it. I am in the process of switching out my whole exhaust though, and will be sporting a new BBK exhaust with full length ceramic headers and a shorty NO cat BBK x pipe, and 2 and a half flow master mufflers and tailpipes. I am looking forward to the sound , but with emissions laws changing in the next few months in NC, I will probably buy the shorty xpipe with cats to change when needed. Good luck:D