PDA

View Full Version : Stumbled on a deal....

smashedheadcat
01-05-2004, 11:35 PM
Added another beast to the driveway. Found myself a 99 Electric green vert (tan top, tan leather) with 48000 miles on it. Bone stock, new tires. Had to pick it up. The old lady's pissed, but after I took the yell'n, the car is still in my posession. :D

Ken 01-Cobra
01-06-2004, 03:37 AM
Heh...just tell her it is to make her commutes easier and let her drive it. ;) Is it a Cobra?

Big Daddy
01-06-2004, 07:58 AM
Originally posted by smashedheadcat
Added another beast to the driveway. Found myself a 99 Electric green vert (tan top, tan leather) with 48000 miles on it. Bone stock, new tires. Had to pick it up. The old lady's pissed, but after I took the yell'n, the car is still in my posession. :D

Congrats!! In a couple of weeks you'll have to come visit me in Wilmington! :D

97whitevert
01-06-2004, 05:39 PM
hey congrats josh!!! we gonna see it at drag day??:bounce:

smashedheadcat
01-06-2004, 11:33 PM
Originally posted by Ken 01-Cobra
Heh...just tell her it is to make her commutes easier and let her drive it. ;) Is it a Cobra?

That didn't work. She made the mistake by saying "It's pretty." Then I told the dealer that I'd think about it. She thought I wasn't serious, then I told her I got approved at the bank, and then she started trying to talk me out of it. Then, I made her drive me there to pick it up. :D After that, it was one of those "I'm just thinking of the future" lectures. I sat through it, and fed her with the "I need a reliable car" story. We disagree on it, but I still have it. I just made the commute back to NC today, It's got 49XXX on it now. But it's still pretty. :) BTW, she didn't want to drive it in the nasty weather.

smashedheadcat
01-06-2004, 11:34 PM
Originally posted by Big Daddy
Congrats!! In a couple of weeks you'll have to come visit me in Wilmington! :D

Sounds good, I'll bring it down. Or, the black one. :) Decisions, decisions.........

smashedheadcat
01-06-2004, 11:35 PM
Originally posted by 97whitevert
hey congrats josh!!! we gonna see it at drag day??:bounce:

Thank you Lisa, and Hopefully not. I hope to have the black one down to punish it a little. :). If I can get Tarah to come, I'll have her follow me in the green one, so Ken will have something to play with.

Ken......... yes, it's a cobra.

smashedheadcat
01-06-2004, 11:36 PM
Pics tomarrow.............

spittincobra01
01-07-2004, 04:33 PM
congrats!!! now you have the "daily driver" and the track king:thumbsup:

smashedheadcat
01-07-2004, 09:37 PM
Originally posted by spittincobra01
congrats!!! now you have the "daily driver" and the track king:thumbsup:

Thanks. I'm really happy with the 99. I always told myself if I had 99 or newer cobra, I'd swap out the IRS for a solid rear. After making the 800 mile trip from Indiana yesterday, I wouldn't change out the IRS for the world.

The 99 will remain mostly stock, save for springs, X-pipe, after-cat exhaust and possibly some cosmetic mods like an '03 cobra front bumper. I want to keep this thing a nice reliable daily driver. So I don't want to get into it too much with the mods. No drag strip for this one. That's what the black one's for.

spittincobra01
01-07-2004, 09:50 PM
exactly what I would do!!!:cool:

Ken 01-Cobra
01-09-2004, 03:45 AM
Heh...so I can't drive the black one? ;) Save the miles on the green one. I don't want to drive her...it would remind me to much of what I gave up to be fiscally responsible. While the SVTF is fun in the mountains, I am beginning to really hate the car! The other day I tried running it through the gears vigorously for the first time and my 3-4 shift ended up being a 3-2 shift. I reacted quick enough to keep it from blowing anything up, but this car just doesn't have the same feel, power and precision (hard to think of the 3650 as precise, but it sure is compared to the Getrag, especially with the Pro 5.0!) of the Cobra! :(

BTW...Team Ford of Marietta is still trying to sell my Cobra, and they've marked it down to $20,900 if anyone is looking for a babied 01 with >15k miles!

smashedheadcat
01-09-2004, 03:19 PM
Originally posted by Ken 01-Cobra

BTW...Team Ford of Marietta is still trying to sell my Cobra, and they've marked it down to $20,900 if anyone is looking for a babied 01 with >15k miles!

Wonder what they'd do for me on a trade??

Of course you can drive the black one. I wouldn't have it any other way. Just hope to get my Money in time for the cage install before the event.

Ken 01-Cobra
01-09-2004, 04:12 PM
Dunno...call them and ask. Be sure to tell them you're a friend of mine and you're long distance if you do. I THINK the number is (877) 750-6234, http://www.fordatlanta.com/dealers/team/team-ford/Default.asp?Page=PreownedInventory is a link to their used inventory.

BadMoFo
01-09-2004, 09:26 PM
Josh cant wait to see the new addition at the sonic. Hey I am going to try to make it to the drag day to, dont know if I will be racing or watching but I am going to be there.

smashedheadcat
01-09-2004, 11:11 PM
Hey Josh, I was at sonic tonight, but it was just too damn cold, so we bailed out. Me, Josh (white notch), and Jack (blown white notch) all rolled in there together. We got there @ 7, hung out til 7:30ish, then rolled out. :(

-Ken, I may call them up and see what they say. As much as I'd love your car, I think I'm in the hole far enough as it is......

Josh

BadMoFo
01-10-2004, 09:11 AM
sorry Josh I didnt know anyone was going to show up last night as cold as it was or I might have cruised out. Hopefully it will be warmer in a couple of weeks, I know this friday will be the start of the 72. I passed Josh the other day I didnt know Jack was back. You missed a decent showing last week but it was alot warmer then, heck even Jeff had his car out and running. By the way have you gotten the black cobra fixed yet?

smashedheadcat
01-10-2004, 11:17 AM
No I haven't gotten it fixed yet. I kind of screwed myself by buying the 99. I had the money to buy my trans and stuff, but I ended up finding the 99, and turning my (Horsepower Money) into daily driver money. But, I may still have a little left to put a T-45 in it. That'll get it moving, and hopefully it'll hold together til I get my re-up bonus. :)

Josh

smashedheadcat
01-11-2004, 11:47 AM
Here she is......

smashedheadcat
01-11-2004, 11:48 AM
One More

BadMoFo
01-11-2004, 02:29 PM
I am starting to think you have a thing for verts.;)

cobrabitn
01-11-2004, 08:42 PM
Yeah, he looks like he has a thing for verts. Josh, try a coupe next time so you can go and do some of this!

BTW, the new addition looks awesome! Congrats! :thumbsup:

smashedheadcat
01-12-2004, 06:05 PM
I've had 2 coupes, and now I've got 2 verts. I just had to even it out a little bit. I love the verts, and I love the coupes. It just so happens that this one is a vert. I stumbled on this one, and had to have it.