PDA

View Full Version : G-Tech

laserred
01-06-2004, 09:42 PM
I was wondering, how accurate is the older G-Tech item. The new one for 249.95 seems to be impressive, but I was able to get the 149.95 model for a third of the original cost S&H!!! Is it a valuable tool or just a miss hit? I was told it was accurate up to a tenth of a second, is that true? Give me some input guys, thanks.:bounce:

smashedheadcat
01-06-2004, 11:39 PM
I've got one. I tried it on the Black cobra........

0-60 3.8 sec
1/4 miles 12.7 @121 (ran a 11.99 @117 at the track)
HP 444 (dyno 422.6 rwhp)

It was cool for awhile, but it's been sittin in my room for awhile now.

STANGBUM
01-07-2004, 07:26 AM
I have one also, its a good piece to toy around with just to get an idea of what you can do. Don't use the g-force part of it much, just 1/4 mile and hp output. Still a good piece of electronics.:thumbsup:
I have not used mine lately, you have to have a place with little or no traffic to get the full use out of it:D

tcrews
01-07-2004, 07:51 AM
I had one, got rid of it. They can be fairly accurate but a lot depends on the user. Entering correct vehicle weight, being on a flat piece of road, etc... all affect the accuracy level of the unit.

My opinion, waste of money....good ricer tool :)

1) You should run on a track to find your 1/4 times not the street
2) Dynojet with wideband metering to find your HP/TQ and A/F ratio
3) You shouldn't be gaging your cars speed/hp on public roads

laserred
01-07-2004, 08:14 AM
I agree Tcrews. But I got the thing for $55 S&H and I felt it was worth a try. Where I live, there is a plethera of no traffic straight line road that is flat. I am not saying that I go out every night and light em up, although it would be fun, but I have access to several locations where there is nothing but road, and I am also close to a few tracks too. I still feel it was a good choice, but I wanted to get some input on anyone who might have one. I guess it all depends on how you figure in all of the existing elements of possible change in reading as close a measurment that you can get off a plug in electronic device.:bounce: Thanks guys for the response;)

smashedheadcat
01-07-2004, 11:44 AM
Originally posted by tcrews

1) You should run on a track to find your 1/4 times not the street
2) Dynojet with wideband metering to find your HP/TQ and A/F ratio
3) You shouldn't be gaging your cars speed/hp on public roads

Used mine while at the track for HP and ET times. 0-60 was on public roads though. :)