PDA

View Full Version : 2005 mustang GT

cobltng
01-08-2004, 06:57 PM
The new Issue of Motor Trend hit the stands today.( gawd,first Hot Rod,now this). They have a feature on the new GT as expected. It's looks are somewhat different than what HR was showing. However that could be because of the angles and lighting that were used for this shoot. The really odd thing is the pic's of the engine. There is a shiney metal cover over the intake runners which appear to be plastic. They also state that Ford had decided not to put a shroud on the entire engine which seem's to be in vogue these days. But when you look at the valve covers it is very clear they are not tall enough to house a Sohc drive. Even if it is a three valve. If you look at it I think you will agree that it looks just like a Camero valve cover complete with exposed plug coils and the injectors seen to be oddly placed( long way from the Intake runners. In any case the valve cover is the biggy. I do not believe this to be a production engine because this is a push rod motor used for a mock up. See what you think ( the rag is only $3.99)
:doubt: :doubt:

Firme
01-08-2004, 08:08 PM
really??? Wierd. I will have to pick up an issue :doubt:

Mystic_Cobra
01-12-2004, 02:24 PM
I've seen a lot of these pics including the valve covers, and some Ford pics. I have the hot rod and motor trend. I think they are real, but I guess anything is possible.
The 3V valve covers are as small or smaller than the 2V covers. I say small since my 4V valve covers are huge.