PDA

View Full Version : Possible new owner with newbie questions

SloSVT
01-11-2004, 04:16 AM
Finding out on Monday if I will be getting an 03' Cobra with 6000 miles on it. Is there anything anyone can share on what I need to look out for? Also, what is the going rate on a used 03 with 6k miles? If I get this car, many more questions will follow. I think it's kinda funny thinking about how I will be the only Asian fella in Jax with a Cobra......:rotf:

cobrabitn
01-11-2004, 11:36 AM
Finding out on Monday if I will be getting an 03' Cobra with 6000 miles on it. Is there anything anyone can share on what I need to look out for? Also, what is the going rate on a used 03 with 6k miles? If I get this car, many more questions will follow. I think it's kinda funny thinking about how I will be the only Asian fella in Jax with a Cobra......

Wll congrats on the potential new buy! Feel free to ask your questions to get you up to par on your Cobra. The only isolated problems I have heard are as follows:

pulling to the right
overheating
vibration in driveline

All of these can be fixed very easily at the local Ford dealer. Most people have not had many problems with their Cobras. A used 03 Cobra with 6,000 miles on it will go for around 29-31K depending on condition.

Don't think it funny that you'll be the only Asian Cobra owner, think of it as you'll have the fastest ride around town!:thumbsup:

SloSVT
01-11-2004, 11:57 AM
Yeah, I have an 04 STI right now with exhaust and intake and ran 12.69 in Gainseville in early December. But as everyone knows the Cobra has huge potential with lets just say, lesser $$$. Thanks for the help, much appreciated. Won't be the fastest ride around here, there are some heavy hitters around town here in Jax, and OP. I got much reading and learning about the Domestics to come up to speed.
Click for slips and pics (http://groups.msn.com/Mybikeandcarpics)

97whitevert
01-11-2004, 05:40 PM
Originally posted by cobrabitn
Wll congrats on the potential new buy! Feel free to ask your questions to get you up to par on your Cobra. The only isolated problems I have heard are as follows:

pulling to the right
overheating
vibration in driveline

All of these can be fixed very easily at the local Ford dealer. Most people have not had many problems with their Cobras. A used 03 Cobra with 6,000 miles on it will go for around 29-31K depending on condition.

Don't think it funny that you'll be the only Asian Cobra owner, think of it as you'll have the fastest ride around town!:thumbsup: I have not had ANY of the problems that some have had.:thumbsup: I don't drive it ALOT, but when i do, I DRIVE it! (less than 1k and put it on the road course):bounce: It is still under warranty, so I would not be the least concerned if you do have any problems

jjraiser
01-11-2004, 09:19 PM
After looking at your list of retired cars, you're making quite a switch. You're going from the small, rev-happy, torque-less imports to a heavy, American, torque monster. Honestly?...Great change! Your old cars may have sounded like race cars, but the Cobra will FEEL like one too!!

Good luck,
JJ Raiser

SloSVT
01-13-2004, 09:16 AM
Well, the deal is not final, however the dealer let me take the car on a borrowed car agreement, car rides great, however there is a thud that you can hear/feel while shifting, even when going into first, not sure if this is the norm, anyone know of this?

TMG
01-16-2004, 11:05 PM
In my area you can buy an 03 Cobra with 2-4,000 miles for around 28,000. There are currently 2 advertised 1 silver with 2,600 miles for 27,900 and 1 Black with 3,200 miles for 28,900.

SloSVT
01-18-2004, 10:46 AM
Thanks, already picked my blue on up with 7k miles. :D

97whitevert
01-18-2004, 04:58 PM
Originally posted by SloSVT
Thanks, already picked my blue on up with 7k miles. :D cool!!!!!:bounce: :bounce: great color choice btw-- it is the fastest color!:thumbsup: :thumbsup:

cobrabitn
01-18-2004, 06:31 PM
I think you mean it was the fastest color. :rotf:

97whitevert
01-19-2004, 08:12 AM
Originally posted by cobrabitn
I think you mean it was the fastest color. :rotf: don't talk the talk till you can walk the walk!:rotf: :rotf:

OKC03Cobra
01-19-2004, 08:01 PM
Originally posted by SloSVT
Thanks, already picked my blue on up with 7k miles. :D

Now all you need is chip, pulley, intake, exhaust and a good dyno tune and you are on your way to becoming a real enthusiast.

cowboyharry
01-20-2004, 08:37 PM
Where in the world is Jax?:(

SloSVT
01-21-2004, 06:34 PM
Jacksonville Florida, sorry we just put Jax for short....

cowboyharry
01-21-2004, 08:52 PM
O. Thats short for oh.:D