PDA

View Full Version : Suspension Mods... To "Air" or not

cobracrazy
01-12-2004, 07:07 PM
I want to lower my car. Mostly for looks but I am assuming the handling should be better with a lower center of gravity. (Right?) Anyway I am a complete novice when it come to suspensions so I am looking for advice.
I saw a Rousch Mustang with an air suspension at a car show and was blown away. The car could be let all the way to the ground when parked. It looked great. There are several reasons I want to put in the air suspension.
1) I can raise the car to normal height to get over speed bumps and my gravel driveway.
2) I think it would be fun to drop the car to the ground when parking.

I realize this is going to cost but… I already got money in the car so what the heck. I am concerned however the air suspension won’t be able to hold up to the occasional pavement pounding sessions. Nothing would be worse than spending a couple Gs and have it fail.

Please let me know of any resources/info on the air suspension good or bad.

My next choice would be to lower the car in a fixed position. Now my questions are…
1) What vendor makes the best kits?
2) What would be a good drop? 1” , 2”….
3) Will there be any handling concerns with the fixed height set up?

Thanks in advance!!!
:thumbsup:

PS: Hope I don't get hammered for placing the question here but the Suspension forum seemed a bit quite

JBowers
01-16-2004, 02:40 PM
Personally, i wouldn't bag it, my best friend had bags put on her car and she blew one within 6 weeks of having it, it also takes a LOT of cash to get it fixed, the bag is rather cheep, but the labor kills you, if u don't plan on your car being a daily driver, i'd say go for it, if u drive it every day i simple lowering springs would be great!

Thats just my 2 cents!