PDA

View Full Version : OK,,I put the 2,93 pulley on,,but is it safe?

Dave B.
01-12-2004, 10:44 PM
Before I put the 2,93 pulley on, I already had a Magnaflow X-pipe & catback, cold air kit and the Predator performance tune installed, it felt very strong then,

So just today we put the 2,93 on and made the change with the predator to the pulley tune, right off the bat it seems to have lost some bottom end torque however the top is much stronger,

My worry now is have I made it unreliable? any one out there had any nightmares with the same set up?

DaleM
01-13-2004, 01:38 PM
Take it to a dyno and get it chipped (dyno tuned). I bet your AF ratio is really lean up to about 4500rpm.

Corner-Carver
01-13-2004, 03:24 PM
Add 10% fuel, cut the timing just to be safe and head to a dyno. Don't risk a high dollar engine based on the ever so accurate "butt dyno".

Depending on who you bought the Predator from, after your dyno run, you can get a decently tailored tune sent to you by email.;)

Firme
01-16-2004, 10:27 AM
I'm with everyone else here. It needs to be dyno tuned.

I have seen quite a few 03 cobra's blow engines because of bad tune/off the shelf tunes (non-cutom tunes) that leaned the car out and blew it....the 03 is bullitt proof till the tune is bad.