PDA

View Full Version : Engine Shops

SNAKE EYES
01-16-2004, 07:28 PM
It appears that I am starting to develop some lifter noise on my 96 Cobra. I would like some input from the members on a good shop to take it to. I have heard of Houston Performance and Nathaniels but have not done any business with them. I am looking for a shop who most of all does quality work at a fair price. Appreciate the help.

Jim

Firme
01-16-2004, 07:32 PM
what are your plans? if you just want repair work, I recommend Jeff Gee cell 713-249-0501.

other have experience with Nathaniels and HP that they can share.

SNAKE EYES
01-16-2004, 07:50 PM
It's only going to be repair work. I have delt with Jeff in the past, he is good and I do respect his work. I don't know how comfrontable he is tearing into the top end of a Cobra motor, especially if more is involved than just changing lifters.

Jim

Andy M
01-16-2004, 08:17 PM
Originally posted by SNAKE EYES
It's only going to be repair work. I have delt with Jeff in the past, he is good and I do respect his work. I don't know how comfrontable he is tearing into the top end of a Cobra motor, especially if more is involved than just changing lifters.

Jim I've had a ton of work done on my R at Houston Performance, and although I have been pleased most of the time, ocassionally, the work there is less than perfect. Steve's prices have always been very fair though.

Another R owner here has experience with Nathaniels and speaks highly of them. I don't have first hand experience with them though.

I can say this, HP has done a bunch of mod motor rebuilds over the past few years, so they at least have a lot of experience tearing one down and rebuilding it.

Carl G
01-17-2004, 11:52 AM
I have my 03 at Nathanials for complete rebuild. They have the knowledge to work on the mod cobra engines. The price is fair and you will get a straight answer to your questions. If you would like to talk to them you can reach them at 713-780-8666. The only thing you will have to watch out for is they will want to mak your motor better than before. I guess if you really think about it that is not a bad thing.