PDA

View Full Version : 2003 Cobra Fuel Pump

Bad Pony
01-16-2004, 09:23 PM
Do we have a vendor that sells these or can anyone recommend a vendor I could buy one? I'm pretty sure my fuel pump is kaput on my car, figured I might as well get this one

Big Daddy
01-16-2004, 10:17 PM
Originally posted by Bad Pony
Do we have a vendor that sells these or can anyone recommend a vendor I could buy one? I'm pretty sure my fuel pump is kaput on my car, figured I might as well get this one

Young Ford in Charlotte will sell it to you. Make sure you tell them you are an SCMC member.

smashedheadcat
01-17-2004, 11:19 AM
I can get set you up with Randy at Liberty Ford. He sells them for $300. I'm not sure if that includes shipping or not. It might.

Big Daddy
01-17-2004, 11:37 AM
Originally posted by smashedheadcat
I can get set you up with Randy at Liberty Ford. He sells them for $300. I'm not sure if that includes shipping or not. It might.

Young Ford was going to sell me the '03 gas tank and fuel pump for $400. So I would think they would sell you just the pump for much less. Sorry Josh BUT I like to see our members use our vendors, that way when we need sponsorship they are more than happy to help the club out. PLUS I think he'll get a much better price at Young. :thumbsup: :thumbsup:

smashedheadcat
01-17-2004, 11:48 AM
I like to see our members use our vendors too, but I haven't researched these pumps enough, but I figured I'd throw it out there.

Josh

Bad Pony
01-18-2004, 01:57 AM
Due to economics, I will probably be buying this thru the company I work for's garage department since we get fleet discount pricing. I just found out about this, I'll probably end up paying less than $200 for the pump. Vendor or not, can't turn down that deal :D

smashedheadcat
01-18-2004, 07:55 AM
You can't argue with that. :thumbsup:

Bad Pony
01-21-2004, 11:52 AM
boy was I wrong, our company fleet price on the 03 pump was $337 sheesh, I may just go with a high pressure Walbro 255 now.

Anyone know a ballpark figure on what it would cost to convert to a return-style system?

Big Daddy
01-21-2004, 01:10 PM
Originally posted by Bad Pony
boy was I wrong, our company fleet price on the 03 pump was $337 sheesh, I may just go with a high pressure Walbro 255 now.

Anyone know a ballpark figure on what it would cost to convert to a return-style system?

Call Young Ford they will give you a deal on the pump!

I forget what it cost for me to go return-style but you need the fuel pump regulator and lines plus labor, so MAYBE $500.00?? Call Dale at Custom Performance and he'll give you a quote on going return style.

Bad Pony
01-22-2004, 07:21 PM
Went ahead and bit the bullet, ordered the 03 pump from Houston Performance. I trust Steve D's judgement as I've been buying parts from him ever since my car was 3 weeks old. He said it was around $1500 if I wanted to convert to a return style system for everything. Now I will need to get my chip retuned, I'm hoping to make the Drag Day next month....