PDA

View Full Version : Carolina Cookout??

cobrabitn
01-18-2004, 01:02 AM
How many of you would be interested in going to Claremont, NC for an SCMC cookout?

The date will be February 7, 2004 and it will be at a 21 acre horse ranch. If they weather is nice, maybe we can do some riding. :) We want to do hot dogs and hamburgers and will need to know if you are interested and what you could bring to the dinner? The start time will be 3:00 pm until........

We will need the following:

Drinks (Non-alcoholic)
Potato Chips
Condiments like mustard, ketchup, and mayonaise.
Desert - cake, pie, or something?

What will be supplied will be, paper products, buns, and meat.

If you would definitely go then post here. If you are not sure then please do not post. I don't know about you all but I am tired of being cooped up and I'm going to take the pace car for a ride if it is nice weather! ;)

I'm definitely there! :thumbsup:

97whitevert
01-18-2004, 08:36 AM
we're there! ( it'l be a loooooooong drive- but i'm there!!):rotf: :rotf:

i'll bring a dessert of some type:thumbsup:

NO 5 OH
01-20-2004, 12:12 AM
Hey... I'd be there for that too :thumbsup: :thumbsup:

Man Lisa... we better get started a week a head of the scheduled date... should take us that long to get there :rotf: :rotf:

Shannon

smashedheadcat
01-20-2004, 06:39 PM
Originally posted by cobrabitn

We will need the following:

Drinks (Non-alcoholic)

Does this mean there will be more than enough Barley Pop there already:D? Or is it one of those "no drinkin" parties? ;):doubt:

itsrlong
01-20-2004, 10:26 PM
Count me in....

Robbie '96
01-21-2004, 09:34 PM
If anyone would like to bring some fire water that would not be a problem as long as you can control you actions.:bounce:

Big Daddy
01-22-2004, 08:28 AM
Let me check with the MRS. this weekend and I'll let you know. I would love to ride the horses.............NOT! Food and friendship yes bouncing on a horses back NO! :D :D

flynfink
01-22-2004, 12:28 PM
I'm planning on being there..

Robbie '96
01-25-2004, 09:04 AM
Just a note the cook out will be in side so do not think the weather will be a problem. If you have a chair bring it. I will post directions some time next week.:thumbsup:

:bounce:

97whitevert
01-25-2004, 10:45 AM
robbie- you guys snowed in yet? yesterday went out topless- today- that awful white stuff!:eek: :eek:

NO 5 OH
01-25-2004, 11:34 AM
Originally posted by 97whitevert
robbie- you guys snowed in yet? yesterday went out topless- today- that awful white stuff!:eek: :eek:

Amen to that!!! I went topless yesterday as well and today I wake up to the white, cold stuff. What's worse is I had to drive the Cobra home this morning in the miserable stuff as well :(

I made it home from Crystal's in about 30 minutes... all safe and sound :)

Shannon

cobrabitn
01-25-2004, 11:47 AM
I took the Pace Car out for a drive yesterday too. 63 degrees and sunny. Man that was great weather, now it's sleeting here!
:(

cobrabitn
01-25-2004, 11:55 AM
Food and friendship yes bouncing on a horses back NO!

Greg I heard the horse's reply from Robbie's farm and he said, "Eating apples, hay, and running around freely with my fellow pony friends.....YES! Having Big Daddy ride my back for an hour......NO! :rotf:

97whitevert
01-25-2004, 12:04 PM
Greg I heard the horse's reply from Robbie's farm and he said, "Eating apples, hay, and running around freely with my fellow pony friends.....YES! Having Big Daddy ride my back for an hour......NO! :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: funny - i heard the same thing!! I however, would be up for a ride!:bounce: in fact- if ya ever need another rider....:cool:

cobrabitn
01-25-2004, 12:06 PM
In all seriousness, Robbie said he would have a "training horse" for those that have never ridden one and then all the others are for experienced riders! They are also setting up a back road cruise with some cool roads to run... :bounce:

97whitevert
01-25-2004, 12:15 PM
Sounds good!! :thumbsup: i'll take onethat has at least been broke... too old to break another ( i've done a few but its been awhile- broke a bone in the process- been stepped on in the stomach, rolled on once, but nothing serious):thumbsup:

robbie- email me with what roads you are thinking about... dont' forget we gotta remind greg there is that little lake- at the end of a few roads..:rotf: :rotf:

nckissfan
01-25-2004, 01:42 PM
where exactly is Claremont? And, is this open to members of the club only? I have just recently discovered the club, and am going to join this week. The back road cruise sounds sweet!

Robbie '96
01-25-2004, 02:55 PM
:( hello everyone

yes we are snowed in and i don't like it at all.....i just hope it is topless weather again when we have our get together....look forward to seeing all of you again...
concerning the horses..we only have one that is calm and the other two that you can ride are kinda wild like robbie(haha)

Hope everyone has a great week..............:o

Robbie '96
01-25-2004, 03:09 PM
Lisa
Robbie is thinking of Riverbend road and I don't know where else.

As far as we are concerned current and brand new members are welcome to come and bring what ever:eek:

If anyway possible I would like to know what everyone attending is bringing if you know yet...:thumbsup:

Hope you all enjoy this white mess:burnout:

redsnake99
01-25-2004, 04:17 PM
If I'm not at Ft. Campbell, KY retrieving Carolyn's son Eric after his year in Iraq, I'll be there. BD, I think I can beat ya on horseback.
Hope your horse doean't develop eninge trouble.

:spanked:

Big Daddy
01-25-2004, 04:25 PM
Originally posted by redsnake99
If I'm not at Ft. Campbell, KY retrieving Carolyn's son Eric after his year in Iraq, I'll be there. BD, I think I can beat ya on horseback.
Hope your horse doean't develop eninge trouble.

:spanked:

The only horse I'll be riding is a MUSTANG! I don't get on the living kind! :nope: :nope: :nope: :nope:

97whitevert
01-25-2004, 05:18 PM
Patti- i'll be bringing dessert and whatever else we may need. (and riverbend rd sounds good! :thumbsup: )

nckissfan- join us and join us! We will be glad to have fresh meat- :rotf: not that there is anything wrong with the old..) Claremont is off of I-40, heading west, between Statesville and Hickory (around mm 138 if that helps you- don't know how familiar you are with NC yet)

bd- we used to have a REAL, alive, mustang here! :D :D she however never took to being riden:( :(

Big Daddy
01-25-2004, 05:26 PM
Patti- i'll be bringing dessert and whatever else we may need. (and riverbend rd sounds good! :thumbsup: )

nckissfan- join us and join us! We will be glad to have fresh meat- :rotf: not that there is anything wrong with the old..) Claremont is off of I-40, heading west, between Statesville and Hickory (around mm 138 if that helps you- don't know how familiar you are with NC yet)

bd- we used to have a REAL, alive, mustang here! :D :D she however never took to being riden:( :(

Well I know she sure as hell wouldn't have wanted me on her! :D ;) ;)

97whitevert
01-25-2004, 05:36 PM
Originally posted by Big Daddy
Well I know she sure as hell wouldn't have wanted me on her! :D ;) ;) :rotf: :rotf: she didn't want anyone on her!!

nckissfan
01-25-2004, 07:29 PM

ok, I know where it is. Yes I know my way around NC very well. I have lived here since 1983, and have been driving all around it since 1987.:D I will see if I the wife and I can make it. I need an excuse to get a day off of work, and to drive my car.

97whitevert
01-25-2004, 07:57 PM
Originally posted by nckissfan
ok, I know where it is. Yes I know my way around NC very well. I have lived here since 1983, and have been driving all around it since 1987.:D I will see if I the wife and I can make it. I need an excuse to get a day off of work, and to drive my car. cool!! yeah call in sick if ya have to (we'll write you a dr's note;) ) i promise, we are not as wierd as we seem....:eek: maybe worse:rotf: :rotf:

nckissfan
01-25-2004, 08:14 PM
I am sure you guys/gals are not wierd. But, my father raised me to not call in sick for work. Damn him and his right from wrong crap!:D

97whitevert
01-25-2004, 08:27 PM
I am sure you guys/gals are not wierd. But, my father raised me to not call in sick for work. Damn him and his right from wrong crap!:D :rotf: you can only say that cuz you have not met us yet!:rotf: and yeah , in know about those damn work ethics...:eek: :eek: how about a 'mental health ' day!!:thumbsup: :thumbsup:

nckissfan
01-26-2004, 04:33 AM
would I be mentally ill then?:D

97whitevert
01-26-2004, 07:32 AM
i am in no position to decide that at this point!:D butt:D, i can make that statement about meself and others and that would be a definite YES!:eek: :rotf: :rotf:

itsrlong
01-26-2004, 11:26 AM
So is this officially an event yet? If so, how about some directions?

Thanks

NO 5 OH
01-26-2004, 03:48 PM
Originally posted by itsrlong
So is this officially an event yet? If so, how about some directions?

Thanks

Dude... you know where Claremont is... we passed by it on the way home from Moorseville Saturday :D:D:D

You can follow me in your... well, whatever it is you decide to drive that day :rotf: :rotf:

Shannon

Robbie '96
01-27-2004, 08:36 PM
From Statesville: cross Catawba River, 1st exit will be Oxford School Road that is the one to take, come to yield sign turn left and then at the stop sign turn right. Go about 3 miles to
Bunker Hill High School turn left, then take 1st road to right which is called "Bolick Road". Go to 4th street to right which is
"Corban Street" go to the very end of development and go to end of the earth and we are there.........

From Hickory: go to exit 133 Rock Barn Rd.turn left and follow that road until you come to stop sign, then turn left and that will be
Oxford school road and take 1st right after the fire department and then 1st road to right which is Bolick road go about 1 mile and turn left on "Corban street" go to end of development and go to the end of the earth and there we are............

If you have any questions concerning these directions please feel free to give us a call at 828-459-9727.........:bounce:

We need drinks,chips, pickles....We will be supplying the meat,buns,ice and all the extras.........If you have lawn chairs or any kind of chairs please bring because we will not have enough....We are expecting around 30 to 40 people.....

:thumbsup:

97whitevert
01-27-2004, 08:56 PM
For those of you coming from the east(or charlotte)- this exit is BEFORE the rest area where we meet for dragonruns, etc. It is the exit right after you cross the river ( so ed, be VERY CAREFULL not to get hung out passign someone:rotf: :rotf: :rotf: )

nckissfan
01-29-2004, 05:16 PM
ok, I talked to my wife. And, she said she was interested in going. She loves riding horses. Anyways, I will bring some drinks, any suggestions for flavors? Coke, Pepsi, diet? Let me know, and I will get them. I am mailing in my membership today, so hopefully by then, I will be official with the group.

Robbie '96
01-29-2004, 06:54 PM
Nckissfan what ever kind of drinks you like will be fine:thumbsup:

Robbie 96:bounce: :burnout:

nckissfan
01-29-2004, 10:23 PM
Originally posted by Robbie '96
Nckissfan what ever kind of drinks you like will be fine:thumbsup:

Robbie 96:bounce: :burnout:

a lot of help that was:rolleyes: o.k. then

cobrabitn
01-29-2004, 11:49 PM
nckissfan,

I'm bringing sweet tea so if you want to bring some regular pepsi's then I'm sure they'll all get devoured! :D

nckissfan
01-30-2004, 08:31 AM
sounds good cobrabitn, say when are you leaving out to go? maybe we could meet up before, and cruise up together?

cobra9793
01-30-2004, 01:41 PM
Me and Tracie will be there and i'll bring a few things.:D

cobrabitn
01-30-2004, 09:11 PM
NCKissfan,

Yes we can meet up. I may be going go-kart racing that morning but won't know for sure till I find out what time they open. You are more then welcome to join in with us!

You can call me Saturday morning at 803-371-0725 and we can talk about where we can meet if we can't decide here.

Cobrabitn

nckissfan
01-31-2004, 09:08 AM
where you going go kart racing. Victory Lane? We will figure something out. Sounds good!

cobrabitn
01-31-2004, 09:38 AM
Yes, Victory Lane but I haven't inquired about it yet....

nckissfan
01-31-2004, 09:46 AM
that place is a blast, $$$ but a blast. Hey, be on the lookout for my membership Monday or Tuesday. My wife mailed it on Friday. So, we will be official.

nckissfan
01-31-2004, 11:32 PM
I just found out, I have to work that day. I hate retail!! So, count me out. I was looking forward to meeting you guys, and hanging out with some Cobras. Well, maybe one day I will get to hang out, and not have to work. :mad:

cobrabitn
02-01-2004, 12:18 AM
:( :( :( :(

poolman
02-01-2004, 09:35 AM
Originally posted by Robbie '96

If you have any questions concerning these directions please feel free to give us a call at 828-459-9727.........:bounce:

We need drinks,chips, pickles....We will be supplying the meat,buns,ice and all the extras.........If you have lawn chairs or any kind of chairs please bring because we will not have enough....We are expecting around 30 to 40 people.....

Robbie '96: Thanks for the breakout of the cold and ice outing...

Poolman is coming out of seclusion. :) Can I really ride a live breathing horse? Never done that, some of you guys know why! Maybe the horse is a Clydesdale. Strong backs. :D
We'll all pitch in and get Big D up on there.... :rotf:

I'll bring some chips, pickles and some brownies. And I'll volunteer to cook.

Tony, maybe some warmup at Victory Lane? call me. Looking forward to getting back to some fun. :) How about that 04?

:thumbsup: :thumbsup: :thumbsup:

NO 5 OH
02-01-2004, 07:47 PM
I just found out, I have to work that day. I hate retail!! So, count me out. I was looking forward to meeting you guys, and hanging out with some Cobras. Well, maybe one day I will get to hang out, and not have to work. :mad:

I predict that Saturday you will come down with some sort of funky flu that won't allow you to work... just drive the Cobra to the cookout :D

I'll be there with the other half... perhaps we can convince itsrlong to actually drive his Cobra for one :p :p What do I need to bring exactly?

Shannon

cobrabitn
02-04-2004, 11:12 PM
We need a meet point and time in Charlotte for all of us here in the Queen City, Jeff????

grasshopper
02-05-2004, 12:09 AM
I cleared it with the family and as long as the weather is acceptable, I'd like to meet you all for the cookout. Is there room for one more? If so, what can I bring?

Big Daddy
02-05-2004, 08:02 AM
What do I need to bring?? Buns, (mine are big but I'll bring others from the store!!!;) ;) ) Drinks, Chips, condiments, what??? PLEASE POST SOON, I am not sure how my travel will work out this weekend so I'm trying to work this in.

flynfink
02-05-2004, 08:32 AM
We need a meet point and time in Charlotte for all of us here in the Queen City, Jeff????

I may be in Troutman before this, are we still starting at 3 PM?

Flagman
02-05-2004, 06:17 PM
Margie and I will be there...bringing chips and dip. I think she's really looking forward to seeing some "real" horses for a change.;)

97whitevert
02-05-2004, 08:21 PM
Originally posted by flynfink
I may be in Troutman before this, are we still starting at 3 PM? troutman?? just down the road from me. i thought it was at 2...

cobrabitn
02-05-2004, 11:00 PM
The cookout starts at 2:00 pm. Can we meet at exit 23 on I77 at the Wendy's at 1:00 pm?

Raleigh guys can meet up because we have Burke, Dave, David, and Marc coming from there. Maybe in Greensboro somewhere?

???:p

grasshopper
02-05-2004, 11:29 PM
I'll be around Denton in the morning, 'touring' Richard's Classic Car salvage yard and looking at a trailer. I was kicking around the idea to visit a shop in the area but that's doubtful. I could possibly catch up with the Trianlge contingent around Winston-Salem if I get everything done in time.

redsnake99
02-05-2004, 11:56 PM
Raleigh group can meet in Greensboro at Exxon station at I-40 and High Point road. In order to be at the cookout at 2:00, meet time should be 12:30. Sound OK?

:bounce:

97whitevert
02-07-2004, 08:49 PM
Thanks to Patti and Robbie for having us at their home! I think that everyone had a great time! :D The afternoon cruise was fun- well except for the slooooooowwwww mini van:eek: :mad: :mad: and the ice cream was terrific:thumbsup: :thumbsup:

Thanks again guys

and glad you had a nice WARM garage!!:bounce: :bounce:

cobrabitn
02-07-2004, 10:21 PM
I enjoyed it also and my hat goes off to Rob and Patti. Thanks for your hospitality and efforts!:thumbsup:

redsnake99
02-08-2004, 08:54 AM
Thanks again to the Heltons for a great gathering. I did enjoy the warm room, the food was great and the company was excellent. Yes, the mini-dragon run was a blast.