PDA

View Full Version : Tws

Andy M
01-19-2004, 10:06 PM
Folks,

As many of you already know, the SCMC is holding its Texas open track event at TWS in October this year, instead of August.

Even though this event is months away, I think we need to begin planning NOW rather than later. We had a decent showing last year, given it was our first event, AND it was about 100 degrees in the August heat in TX!:eek:

This year however, we have a better date on the schedule weather-wise, and therefore also have more time to plan.

Those of you newbies who came last year know how much fun this was and we need you to recruit more newbies to come along this year. We would love to show off to the rest of the regions by holding this event and actually show a profit this time!!

I think we learned a lot from last year's event and of course we can use what we learned to make this year's event better!

We need to schedule a planning session asap.

Firme
01-19-2004, 11:56 PM
I already can't wait Andy.

Also, those who think they are going, post up so we get an idea of who's in and start talking about car preparations to run the track.

Carl G
01-20-2004, 08:39 AM
Im in!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!:thumbsup: :thumbsup: :thumbsup: :)

Mephisto
01-20-2004, 09:06 AM
I'm in if I still live here.

I assume the rollbar rule will apply for verts this time. I think that is one of the first things you need to clarify.

This will allow folks time to save up and get one installed.

I would still like to get a group together and get a discount if we had 4-8 people getting the exact same bar installed.

Levi
01-20-2004, 11:13 AM
I'm ready, let's Rock & Roll. :thumbsup:

Firme
01-20-2004, 11:13 AM
your right Henry good point.

'Verts will need a rollbar for our 2004 TWS event

:D

Hazman
01-20-2004, 12:17 PM
Hey will y'all let a feller from the East Tennessee hills come down and run with you Texas folks? :rolleyes:

03 cobra toy
01-20-2004, 12:27 PM
Originally posted by Hazman
Hey will y'all let a feller from the East Tennessee hills come down and run with you Texas folks? :rolleyes:

Come on down :thumbsup: Bring some of that clear fluid that burns going down....:rolleyes:

03 cobra toy
01-20-2004, 12:28 PM
Originally posted by Firme
your right Henry good point.

'Verts will need a rollbar for our 2004 TWS event

:D

What a DI_K........:rotf:

Twice Bitten
01-20-2004, 12:50 PM
You will do anything to make Rachel's car slower:( :rotf:

Firme
01-20-2004, 03:50 PM

We'd love to have ya...everyone is welcome

John Chingasos
01-20-2004, 06:16 PM
I am in too...atleast for 1 day in the 93 or my next car.............:thumbsup:

Andy M
01-20-2004, 07:10 PM
I'm gonna start rounding up instructors, as those guys are usually booked up most of the season...

We need to begin figuring out who is gonna do what?...

What I think will work best this time is to have a head instructor in charge of all the instructors... AND also have two grid marshals... I may ask Jeff Fisher if he is interested again? I figure he and I could tag team that duty so that we could each have track time too, while the other is running the grid?...

Biggest thing we need right now is to start locking in people.... recruit recruit recruit recruit!!! We need to be on a mission!

I saw a red Cobra in my parking garage at work today, and left the person a business card... I will hopefully get him/her to join the club first, and also come in October. Always be on the lookout for recruiting new members.

I will also begin posting our event up on the various web sites... LS1.com, Z06 boards, etc....etc...

Man, I am all excited already and it is 9 months away... :bounce:

Andy M
01-20-2004, 07:20 PM
Originally posted by 03 cobra toy
What a DI_K........:rotf: only Verts with over 600 RWHP need a cage!! ;) :rolleyes:

Andy M
01-20-2004, 07:21 PM
Hey will y'all let a feller from the East Tennessee hills come down and run with you Texas folks? :rolleyes: Hey, we'd love to have you!! Bring friends too!!!!:D We'll show ya'll some good old down home Texas hospitality!!:D ;)

Hazman
01-20-2004, 08:56 PM
Thanks for the invite we are looking forward to the event. My wife and I are planning to run all 3 of the SCMC open track events this year starting with CMP in March.:D

And thanks for the offer of some Texas hospitality, hopefully we will be able to extend some Tennessee hospitality to some of you Texas folk for the 5th anniversary celebration in June!! We can show you some of the roads here in East TN where we do our ridge running.:rolleyes:

97CasperCobra
01-20-2004, 09:31 PM

And thanks for the offer of some Texas hospitality, hopefully we will be able to extend some Tennessee hospitality to some of you Texas folk for the 5th anniversary celebration in June!! We can show you some of the roads here in East TN where we do our ridge running.:rolleyes:

Np Haz. Can't wait till June to drive up to TN!!

Andy M
01-20-2004, 10:06 PM
Thanks for the invite we are looking forward to the event. My wife and I are planning to run all 3 of the SCMC open track events this year starting with CMP in March.:D

And thanks for the offer of some Texas hospitality, hopefully we will be able to extend some Tennessee hospitality to some of you Texas folk for the 5th anniversary celebration in June!! We can show you some of the roads here in East TN where we do our ridge running.:rolleyes: will you be making the Gingerman event in September?? I am about 90% on that one at this point.

Firme
01-21-2004, 12:52 AM
Andy and all... I will be making a flyer for the TWS event and putting online for people to print and hand out.

As far as the verts with roll-bar rule. That is not totally set in stone and we have not finalized our plans for this event, but I know we feel pretty strongly about safety of the drivers and would not want to see anything bad happen to our vert drivers..... stay tuned for more on that.

Hazman
01-21-2004, 05:04 PM
Hey Andy
Yes I would not miss Gingerman for anything. That is a great track, also it was my first!:thumbsup:

Shane
01-21-2004, 05:26 PM
Hey andy saw your post about tws just would like to say.With the loss of my cobra im willing to help yall in any way so keep me in mind when looking for help.Also a guy i work with his uncle owns the food stand out at the track found this out today its a small world.:thumbsup: :thumbsup:

Firme
01-21-2004, 07:29 PM
Originally posted by Shane
Hey andy saw your post about tws just would like to say.With the loss of my cobra im willing to help yall in any way so keep me in mind when looking for help.Also a guy i work with his uncle owns the food stand out at the track found this out today its a small world.:thumbsup: :thumbsup:

http://www.svtcobraclub.com/svtbbs2/images2/sendpm.gif (http://www.svtcobraclub.com/svtbbs2/private.php?action=newmessage&userid=194) :) just a friendly FYI that you can use the PM feature to send someone a direct message.

I am going to merge this thread into the TWS it really belongs there ;)

Thanks for the offer to help Shane :thumbsup: now you'll regret it once we get a hold of ya :rotf:

Levi
01-27-2004, 11:23 AM
Options:

http://www.maximummotorsports.com/images/atphb.gif

coleman
02-10-2004, 12:49 AM
i should be able to make it again this year :bounce:

Levi
02-10-2004, 10:10 AM
Originally posted by coleman
i should be able to make it again this year :bounce:

Should be a really go event this year, not that last year was bad or anything. Second time around,,,,,,,,,,,, you know the rest.:thumbsup:

coleman
02-10-2004, 10:17 AM
i have quite a few videos from the last event on my site.
they are listed as TWS 8/24 under 2003 Open Track Videos...

http://www.CobraTerminator.com

let me know if you enjoyed them!!!