PDA

View Full Version : Words of wisdom

Mystic Cobra
01-21-2004, 05:49 PM
If you are a GM guy (which until last night I was), do not under any circumstances drive a supercharged Cobra. Just walk away from it, avoid the temptation. Jump into your 04 Camaro or Firebird and drive home (attempt at sarcasm). Because if you don't you will be like me, you will own a Cobra.

First off I apologize in advance for being a GM guy for so long (I know let the floggings begin). But after lots of research and lurking around this board learning the words of wisdom here I drove an 04 Cobra yesterday. By 7 pm I was driving home in it.

I bought a Mystichrome Cobra. After driving the car there was no way I could walk away from the car. The whirr of the supercharger and the smile invoking acceleration coupled with good handling and creature comforts had me sold.

So here I am a Cobra guy now.

Oh by the way if the person that was driving their Cobra last night on 78 west bound (in San Diego County) reads this I appologize for not waiving or honking or something when you passed. I was up to about mile number 11 on the new Cobra and all I was able to do at that point in time was hang on and grin. I'll give you a thumbs up next round.

Firme
01-21-2004, 07:26 PM
Congratulations man...:thumbsup:

I'd be lying if I said I wasn't jealous of that Mystichrome 04 of your's.

Welcome to the family...and might I recommend some open track events...:D :bounce:

cobrabitn
01-21-2004, 07:58 PM
Congratulations on the 04 Mysticrome. I wish I had one too!

You got the car, now join the club and meet our other southern CA members!:thumbsup:

cobracrazy
01-21-2004, 11:38 PM
I know the feeling.... I went into the dealer looking for a convt GT and drove off with a convt 03' Cobra!!!!

I've got about 7k miles on it and still can't stop grinning. My parents own a convt corvette and my mother wants to trade all the time.

HAVE FUN!!!

STANGBUM
01-22-2004, 07:32 AM
congrads on the 04 mystichrome, "you will enjoy".:thumbsup: :thumbsup: Now join the club meet some great people:cool:
And by the way....... being a GM guy wasn't all bad, you just lost your way for a while!!!!;) ;) :D

grasshopper
01-22-2004, 08:58 AM
Originally posted by cobracrazy
I know the feeling.... I went into the dealer looking for a convt GT and drove off with a convt 03' Cobra!!!!

I've got about 7k miles on it and still can't stop grinning. My parents own a convt corvette and my mother wants to trade all the time.

HAVE FUN!!!

Glad to hear I wasn't the only one that could not turn away from the Cobra. I went in looking for a 01 GT vert and wound up with a 99 Cobra vert. I like to think it was the IRS that tipped the scales, but we all know it was the power :yup::yup::yup:
Of course, there are some GT's that could blow me away!

I've had the car for a little more than a year. It's the first performance car I have owned- quite a change from a Corolla, a Taurus and a mini van(OK, I'll admit it :tongue:). I did my first on track event last summer. All I remember is the roar of the car and having to pry my fingers off of the steering wheel - and having a blast!!! :flip: :banana: :bounce: I did the toy donation run at VIR in December and was able to follow someone who knew their way around the track- what a difference! Hopefully at CMP in March, I'll relax a little more and be able to concentrate on making smooth turns. So much to learn so little time on the track! But I digress...
Join the club and enjoy the track events, shows and meeting fellow enthusiasts.:p

spittincobra01
01-22-2004, 08:09 PM
glad to see you finally saw the light and came over to the blue oval rather than those funny lookin' squared off bow ties;)

no you just gotta go over to the LS1 boards and let them in on the secret:eek:

redsnake99
01-22-2004, 08:16 PM
Marc, glad to see you signed up for CMP. Once this gets into your blood, it's addictive. My 99 has just turned 98000 miles, and I have driven it at most of the SCMC east coast events (and some in Iowa and Michiggan) since I bought it. Take care of it and the car will last.

:thumbsup:

NO 5 OH
01-23-2004, 09:12 AM
Originally posted by redsnake99
My 99 has just turned 98000 miles, and I have driven it at most of the SCMC east coast events (and some in Iowa and Michiggan) since I bought it.

So when is Ford coming to get it to see what they did right on a 99 Cobra :D:D:D

Perhaps that's why you went up to Michigan, right Dave ;););)

Shannon

Mystic Cobra
01-23-2004, 03:48 PM
Thanks everyone for the replies. I drove a die hard GM fan around this morning. We have always swapped car stories and he has helped me work on some of my cars over the years. So, I tell him I bought a Ford and he starts given me the GM stink eye. I tell him all about the car (suspension, engine, etc, etc) and say come on over and go for a ride then judge.

He comes over and I give him a ride. He keeps telling me during the whole ride "I can't believe how fast this car is, it rides so smooth." I take a sharp corner and he is blown away by the handling. I settle down and turn on the AC and stereo and drive home. We jump out of the car and he says "Wow, what a car, I had no idea Mustangs were so fast, this car is way faster than my GTO (he had a 65 GTO that he hotrodded and added a blower). He keeps walking around the car and says a Ford huh? I say yep a Ford, get over it! :thumbsup:

spittincobra01
01-23-2004, 05:09 PM
just tell him that we all get wiser in our decisions as we age:D