PDA

View Full Version : So I went to have my car serviced Wednesday...

NO 5 OH
01-25-2004, 01:21 PM
... and to beat it all they didn't have a "loaner" ready for me. This was after the service writer told me "they didn't do loaner vehicles" to when I showed him the fine print about 2001 and newer SVT vehicles getting a free loaner he changed his tune to "we have more loaners than any other dealer around." He tells me that if I wanted to have a loaner I'd have to bring it in next week... so I set up the apointment and wander to the front of the lot. To my surprise, they had three left over Cobra Convertibles sitting on the front row :)

Now I know the sales manager at the dealership I was at (Martin Family in Morganton) and have known him for several years. I go in to talk to him... ask him about the left over 03's sitting around and we start talking about them. I ask him about price and right off the bat he makes me one heck of a deal. He tells me since my car was a "disclosure car" they wouldn't be able to give me much for it... he starts calling wholesale dealers to see what they'd pay for one. Meanwhile me and a salesman go out and look at the cars. The 10th Anniversary Convertible catches my eye :D

I drive it... we come back and the salesman and salesmanager start doing the deal. Too much money at first... I wanted to do the deal but it was more than I really wanted to pay. I talk to my friend Richard on the phone about it... he convinces me not to deal. I walk in and say I'll pass... then they really get to crunching numbers. The sales manager basically wouldn't let me walk out without a deal. The Anny convertible had been sitting there since July of last year and they were wanting to get rid of it.

So... I took my car up to be serviced and I wound up buying a new 10th Anny Convertible. It is Tony's favorite color... Torch Red or more commonly referred to as "Baboon Arse Red" for those of you that have been here awhile. This one is a hundred times better than the previous 01 it replaced. Endless power from around two grand to redline.

I couldn't wait to see what numbers it put down as it felt really strong on the street. I broke it in by driving it quite a bit and took it to the dyno Saturday. With 1100 miles on it in 100% factory stock trim it laid down:

382 RWHP
388 RWTQ

Needless to say I'm a very happy man :D:D:D

Shannon

97whitevert
01-25-2004, 01:26 PM
congrats! what did you end up doing with the 01?

NO 5 OH
01-25-2004, 01:32 PM
Originally posted by 97whitevert
congrats! what did you end up doing with the 01?

Oh... I took the big hit and traded it for the 03. It was a really big hit but since they cut me such a huge deal on the new one it more or less covered up the old 01. My payment went up a bit but I got a car that's a lot better than the old one.

Fair trade to me :D:D:D

97whitevert
01-25-2004, 01:48 PM
i hear ya!:thumbsup:

Big Daddy
01-25-2004, 03:45 PM
Congrats there Shannon. NOW no wrecking this one! :D ;) :thumbsup:

cowboyharry
01-25-2004, 04:35 PM
Very Nice!:thumbsup:

flynfink
01-25-2004, 06:19 PM
very cool dude, can't wait to see it..

itsrlong
01-26-2004, 02:50 AM
'Bout time you posted it.... :thumbsup:

smashedheadcat
01-26-2004, 04:22 PM
That rocks Shannon!! I saw one of them in Durham, NC the other day at a gas station. They are absolutely beautiful.

Josh

Cobra-R
01-28-2004, 10:47 AM
Congrats Shannon, great looking car!!!!! Take car of it, baboon arse red is the fastest color. ;)

Brian

cobrabitn
01-28-2004, 11:28 PM
I think you mean it was the fastest color Brian... :rotf: Now it's ???

NO 5 OH
01-29-2004, 01:05 AM
Originally posted by cobrabitn
I think you mean it was the fastest color Brian... :rotf: Now it's ???

Now wait... I thought we all were in agreeance that yellow is the fastest color. We know this is fact as:

yellow = fast because yellow = displacement ;) ;)

Brian, I was all set to trade the 01 in on a ZO6 but the price was just a little bit better on the Cobra :D:D

Shannon

cowboyharry
01-29-2004, 08:37 AM
Somebodys been breathing some paint fumes:eek:

97whitevert
01-29-2004, 09:31 PM
we all know the fastest color is blue.. or white:thumbsup: :thumbsup:

cowboyharry
01-29-2004, 10:57 PM
Well somebody loan me a can of spray paint. I'm gonna paint my car a faster color.:D