PDA

View Full Version : Pearson gets an Extreme Makeover!!!


wildhorsesracin
01-26-2004, 03:23 PM
Hey all,
John Pearson has won an extreme makeover on TV and he was gracious enough to show it off at a car show this past weekend for NASA-SE!!! Here he is:

http://www.nasa-southeast.com/2004Jan23/pearson600.jpg

Doesn't he look good! :thumbsup: :thumbsup:

Big Daddy
01-26-2004, 04:00 PM
Originally posted by wildhorsesracin
Hey all,
John Pearson has won an extreme makeover on TV and he was gracious enough to show it off at a car show this past weekend for NASA-SE!!! Here he is:

http://www.nasa-southeast.com/2004Jan23/pearson600.jpg

Doesn't he look good! :thumbsup: :thumbsup:

Damn John you are looking MUCH better than usual!! I really like the new look....BUT does that go with your Atkins diet?? :eek: :eek: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf:

97whitevert
01-26-2004, 04:04 PM
hmmm -- i think i like the old john better.....:D

Calvin_1976
01-26-2004, 05:08 PM
What's that clown suits SFI rating? :rotf: :rotf:

White Venom
01-26-2004, 06:34 PM
i went to that show and saw your car there but i didn't see you

kevin
01-26-2004, 10:35 PM
so who would be the competition?

AI/X #08
01-26-2004, 11:15 PM
Sweeeeet. I own a chain of McDonald's so if Ronald is driving Pearson's car, I can pull some strings and actually beat Pearson for once.:D

racercosmo
01-27-2004, 10:41 AM
Mark, your car still has to turn a lap to be classified.

AI/X #08
01-27-2004, 01:18 PM
Originally posted by racercosmo
Mark, your car still has to turn a lap to be classified.

Dang it, details details. If I had Ronald working on the car instead of the clowns that were, I might have actually finished a lap or two.:D

racercosmo
01-28-2004, 12:45 AM
I'm not sure if I don't have room to talk, or I can say what I want, but my car just doesn't run. My problem is I spend all of my time on cars that belong to other people.

johnbasf
01-29-2004, 06:01 PM
First off, I hope McDonalds LOVES this pic!!!! What a weekend!! Great show but we got stuck down there until Tues. afternoon.:mad: Lightning owners better watch out for the new kid on the block.......

johnbasf
01-29-2004, 06:02 PM
"Viper Powered"

johnbasf
01-29-2004, 06:10 PM
Banana check out the press!!! :thumbsup:

Firme
01-29-2004, 06:43 PM
I noticed there is a few different videos floating around of the Lightning beating the Dodge's at the track


http://www.haloclub.com/movies/LvsSRT10a.wmv

I feel sorry for those dodge guys when they try to mod that turd :D

98banana
01-29-2004, 06:55 PM
Originally posted by johnbasf
Banana check out the press!!! :thumbsup:

Thanks John! Looks awesome. :thumbsup:

Hey Firme... let's see a video with a good driver in both vehicles. I have to admit that I like the Lightning better, but that video makes Ford fans look like idiots.

Firme
01-29-2004, 08:49 PM
I would hope the Dodge is faster out of the box with the numbers its supposed to put down :p

I fail to see how the video makes Ford fans look like idiots just cause the dodge guy can't drive..

we'll see how the new L's do..

you can't deny the fact that the aftermarket for the srt10 won't be too forgiving given the viper footsteps it has follow..

98banana
01-29-2004, 10:24 PM
Originally posted by Firme
I would hope the Dodge is faster out of the box with the numbers its supposed to put down :p

I fail to see how the video makes Ford fans look like idiots just cause the dodge guy can't drive..

we'll see how the new L's do..

you can't deny the fact that the aftermarket for the srt10 won't be too forgiving given the viper footsteps it has follow..

That video makes Ford fans look stupid because of the spectator's comments, not the truck or the driver. It's their stereotypical "anything-not-Ford-sucks" attitude. Saying "Dodge Sucks" and "Viper Motors Suck" just shows how stupid they are. I buy mostly Fords and I love Fords, but all of the other makes build some pretty nice cars. Well, except for Yugo.

I don't know the exact specs, but the Dodge has about 400 more lbs. than the Ford. It also has those HUGE 22" wheels. Both are excellent sport trucks that have lots of power and are a pretty close match. And yes, I think the next generation Lightning will blow away the Ram IF Ford sticks to its plans.

And I wouldn't worry about the aftermarket for the Ram. I don't think it needs too much. :D

Cobra-R
01-30-2004, 12:30 AM
Originally posted by Firme
I noticed there is a few different videos floating around of the Lightning beating the Dodge's at the track


http://www.haloclub.com/movies/LvsSRT10a.wmv

I feel sorry for those dodge guys when they try to mod that turd :D

I would hardly call the Dodge a turd. I have had a gen2 Lightning since June of 99 and they were out for close to a year before they started hitting 12's. It is going to take a while for these guys to get used to the trucks and find out what mods work and what doesn't. I think the SRT is going to be a great truck, and Dodge will probly even push the next generation Lightning to be an even better truck. (If Ford pays attention)

Brian

Firme
01-30-2004, 12:52 AM
Originally posted by Cobra-R
I would hardly call the Dodge a turd. I have had a gen2 Lightning since June of 99 and they were out for close to a year before they started hitting 12's. It is going to take a while for these guys to get used to the trucks and find out what mods work and what doesn't. I think the SRT is going to be a great truck, and Dodge will probly even push the next generation Lightning to be an even better truck. (If Ford pays attention)

Brian

:D means smartass remark.. maybe I should of used this http://www.svtmustangcobraclub.com/imgs/smilies/biggrinjester.gif

i call my car a turd, its not necessarily derogatory at all.

alot of cobra/mustang owner with extremely fast cars, refer to their car as "the turd", its just slang, especially for something being downplayed.. like a guy with a real fast car saying "my car did alright for a turd"

I can't believe I just typed all that about the word turd.

98banana
01-30-2004, 07:40 AM
Originally posted by Firme
:D means smartass remark.. maybe I should of used this http://www.svtmustangcobraclub.com/imgs/smilies/biggrinjester.gif

i call my car a turd, its not necessarily derogatory at all.

alot of cobra/mustang owner with extremely fast cars, refer to their car as "the turd", its just slang, especially for something being downplayed.. like a guy with a real fast car saying "my car did alright for a turd"

I can't believe I just typed all that about the word turd.

So, if I tried to change your definition of a turd, would that make me a turd-burglar? :rotf: eeeewwwwwah!

I agree with Brian in that if Ford is listening, or watching and timing in this case, it'll make the future Lightning a better truck. Chevy's SS didn't push Ford in the least to make the Lightning better. It didn't need to be. I think Chevy was smart to go a different route and I think the SS is a fine truck. It has a lock in on the people-carying-performance-truck market. Well, that's not true because of the Ford HD Truck. Never mind.

Back on topic here... is that John dressed up as Ronald in his car up there? It kind of looks like him if he shaved his mustache off. :D