PDA

View Full Version : IRS Delrin bushing done......

03 cobra toy
01-31-2004, 06:45 PM
What a job...Here are some pic of the delrin IRS upper and lower control arm bushings :D :D

03 cobra toy
01-31-2004, 06:47 PM
LCA installed

03 cobra toy
01-31-2004, 06:49 PM
UCA delrin bushing

97CasperCobra
01-31-2004, 07:20 PM
:edmond: Have I told you that I hate you lately?? :D

J/K.... Ice Tea Man.....:thumbsup:

How's it ride compared to the other bushings???

...and I saw a dirty spot on your K-member....where's the MM one???

Firme
01-31-2004, 09:48 PM
very sweet David, i want some

:thumbsup:

Andy M
02-01-2004, 09:45 AM
I'm next .... mine are on order, and David's mechanic will be installing them as soon as they arrive!!

Bingo13
02-01-2004, 10:42 AM
David,

Can your mechanic make house calls? :p

The shops up here just stare at you unless you have a GM product.

Great job, I have these bushings along with a trunk full of stuff just waiting to be installed.

:thumbsup:

03 cobra toy
02-01-2004, 02:05 PM
Originally posted by Andy M
I'm next .... mine are on order, and David's mechanic will be installing them as soon as they arrive!!

:D Three more sets to install....all the Houston IRS's are going to be happy :D The drive home was sweet it's like a drifferent car when you put in hard corners. There is more noise and it is much stiffer ride. I can't wait to go back to MSR :thumbsup:

cobrapace94
02-02-2004, 10:29 AM
Daym David :thumbsup: :bounce: , that looks good. You gonna start "racing" with all those way cool suspension parts?

Levi
02-03-2004, 05:33 PM
Originally posted by 03 cobra toy
:D Three more sets to install....all the Houston IRS's are going to be happy :D The drive home was sweet it's like a drifferent car when you put in hard corners. There is more noise and it is much stiffer ride. I can't wait to go back to MSR :thumbsup:

Now you have done it, Now I want a coil-over setup. With my strut tower brace and rear shock tower brace and Steeda sway bars front and rear, what do you think of this List of parts?

Maximum Motorsports
Coil-Over pkg.,W/ Bilstein, Hypercoil Springs, MM Caster/Camber Plates.
Front Control Arms W/Forward Offset & Delrin Bushings.
Steering Rack Bushings/Urethane.
K-Member Brace 4-point.
Rear Lower Control Arms/heavy duty.

Steeda
Bump Steer kit

cobrapace94
02-03-2004, 05:37 PM
Hey Stan, I'm sure David won't mind spending your $$$$... :thumbsup:

Levi
02-03-2004, 05:49 PM
Originally posted by cobrapace94
Hey Stan, I'm sure David won't mind spending your $$$$... :thumbsup:

It's all about the mods........:bounce:

03 cobra toy
02-03-2004, 06:59 PM
Originally posted by Levi
Now you have done it, Now I want a coil-over setup. With my strut tower brace and rear shock tower brace and Steeda sway bars front and rear, what do you think of this List of parts?

Maximum Motorsports
Coil-Over pkg.,W/ Bilstein, Hypercoil Springs, MM Caster/Camber Plates.
Front Control Arms W/Forward Offset & Delrin Bushings.
Steering Rack Bushings/Urethane.
K-Member Brace 4-point.
Rear Lower Control Arms/heavy duty.

Steeda
Bump Steer kit

:thumbsup: Looks good to me...I think you have been under my car to long :D :D

Levi
02-04-2004, 01:46 PM
Originally posted by 03 cobra toy
:thumbsup: Looks good to me...I think you have been under my car to long :D :D

Put that on the walk around check list before going to the track.
Step 1, See if Stan is under car before proceding to step 2.

Andy M
02-08-2004, 02:13 PM
HOLY COW!!!! I am speechless! We did my car yesterday, with the delrin bushings and the Maximum Motorsports Urethane IRS hanger bushings... and the car has a whole new personality.. albeit noisier and a harsher ride than before (like I care!!) ...

can't wait to get it on the track to see what the difference is taking the turns at high speed?... :bounce: :thumbsup:

Firme
02-08-2004, 02:28 PM
kewl Andy :thumbsup: , when are you putting the new splitter on?

Andy M
02-08-2004, 09:30 PM
Edmond,

I need to do some testing with the new CF splitter, but first I need to fit it to the car, install some temporary DZUS fasteners, and a makeshift hanger for the forks... then once it is all sorted out, I will get it painted to match the car. Then, once we are certain everything is working as planned and there are no issues with it, I plan to get a second one. I will have one for track use and one for street use.

Levi
02-09-2004, 10:58 AM
HOLY COW!!!! I am speechless! We did my car yesterday, with the delrin bushings and the Maximum Motorsports Urethane IRS hanger bushings... and the car has a whole new personality.. albeit noisier and a harsher ride than before (like I care!!) ...

can't wait to get it on the track to see what the difference is taking the turns at high speed?... :bounce: :thumbsup:

That's to Cool, I'm glade everything work out. :thumbsup:

Wish I had been there, but I had some house repairs todo.

Levi
02-09-2004, 11:05 AM
Edmond,

I need to do some testing with the new CF splitter, but first I need to fit it to the car, install some temporary DZUS fasteners, and a makeshift hanger for the forks... then once it is all sorted out, I will get it painted to match the car. Then, once we are certain everything is working as planned and there are no issues with it, I plan to get a second one. I will have one for track use and one for street use.

CF Splitter,,,,Sweeeeeeeeet.:thumbsup:

I need to replace my front bumper skin (damage), in the mean time I would like use it to come up with something (splitter) that I could attach to 98' front bumper.:cool:

Firme
02-09-2004, 02:19 PM
Originally posted by Levi
CF Splitter,,,,Sweeeeeeeeet.:thumbsup:

I need to replace my front bumper skin (damage), in the mean time I would like use it to come up with something (splitter) that I could attach to 98' front bumper.:cool:

I like the pics you posted of the red sn-95 :thumbsup:

Levi
02-09-2004, 04:17 PM
Originally posted by Firme
I like the pics you posted of the red sn-95 :thumbsup:

Me too...:thumbsup: