PDA

View Full Version : SCMC Gathering on Feb 7th.

Firme
02-04-2004, 02:07 AM
Hey guys and gals, we need to get a picture for the SCMC Club newsletter, and we would like a get a group together for a late lunch/early dinner to get a picture taken(while its still light out). We also have a little surprise.

Post up your suggestions for a place to eat and if you can make it.

:thumbsup:

everyone is welcome to come out

ZincYellowCobra
02-04-2004, 02:14 AM
Our monthly dinner shin-dig is this Sat evening if anyone is interested in swinging by after. We are meeting at Fajita Willie's, FM 529 and Hwy 6 around 5:00PM.

Fajita Willie's
15650 Fm 529 Rd,
Houston, TX 77095

:bounce:

Andy M
02-04-2004, 06:41 AM
Nancy,

this is in my neck of the woods... not sure yet if I can make it, but I will try.....

03 cobra toy
02-04-2004, 10:00 AM
:( Sorry I can't make it...I'm going to the monster truck thing with the kids...

Levi
02-04-2004, 01:41 PM
I'm in :thumbsup:

Otto's
Chedders
French Quarter
BW3
Fajita Willie's

Due to the weather we may need to pick another weekend.
Do the pic at Bear Creek parking lot with trees in the background.
We could get JoeJ and Andy to trailer their cars and put there rigs in the background with Tripod and other in the foreground.

97CasperCobra
02-04-2004, 02:27 PM
Guys/gals, we definately want as many of you there as possible as we're doing a story on the South Central Region and want a group photo and want to include everyone who can make it. The story's coming out next newsletter so we need to do it this weekend. I'm suggesting Mexican food.....and some Margaritas!!!! :thumbsup:

cobltng
02-04-2004, 04:33 PM
What time are you planning on doing the Photo Shoot? I can make that,If it isn't raining the great flood, but will have to pass on Dinner(other plans).Also let me know where you will be in Bear Creek. The best places are between Clay Road and War Memorial road. Both exit off Eldridge.:thumbsup:

Levi
02-04-2004, 05:12 PM
Pro Stock and Pro Mod are having a test and tune at HRP on Sat. 7th 8am to 5pm.

We could have HRP in the background with some Pro stock and Mods in the pic with use.

Firme
02-04-2004, 05:15 PM
Keep the ideas comming :thumbsup:

I want to gather when there is still good light out.

Levi
02-04-2004, 05:22 PM
Originally posted by 97CasperCobra
I'm suggesting Mexican food.....and some Margaritas!!!! :thumbsup:

MMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMM:thumbsup:

John Chingasos
02-04-2004, 07:13 PM
I think we should keep the picture inside the city limits....Baytown might be a little far. I am up for a group picture though:D

John Chingasos
02-04-2004, 07:24 PM
Originally posted by 03 cobra toy
:( Sorry I can't make it...I'm going to the monster truck thing with the kids...

SWEET!!!!! I WANNA COME....how much

msmap
02-04-2004, 07:51 PM
It would be nice to do it in the afternoon and then head out to Fajita Wiliies for dinner. I think all the Cobras and SVT's should get together once in awhile. It would be nice to get a large group of Houston Cobras, SVTs gathered in one spot. The Sam's Club is really happening, lots of great cars in good weather.

97CasperCobra
02-04-2004, 08:37 PM
Originally posted by msmap
It would be nice to do it in the afternoon and then head out to Fajita Wiliies for dinner. I think all the Cobras and SVT's should get together once in awhile.

I agree, we could meet somewhere around 4ish to get a pic, then head to Fajita Willies for some Mexican and Margaritas!!! Wonder if someone could "steal" Barry to come out with us. ;)

It'll be good to see you again Sherri. :thumbsup:

Firme
02-04-2004, 09:07 PM
Originally posted by 97CasperCobra
I agree, we could meet somewhere around 4ish to get a pic, then head to Fajita Willies for some Mexican and Margaritas!!! Wonder if someone could "steal" Barry to come out with us. ;)

It'll be good to see you again Sherri. :thumbsup:

I will talk to Barry, I might be doing some stuff with him that morning anyway...

Too bad we can't hold off. because... well let just say I got a new camera on order

JBoden
02-04-2004, 09:23 PM
Great ideas !

Bear Creek at 4 for the photos and on to Fajita Willies for FOOD !

Thoughts ???

Evilcartman
02-04-2004, 09:31 PM
I may try and make it to Willies. The photoshoot would be cool, but I think it's suppose to rain.

Andy M
02-04-2004, 10:47 PM
I am not positive yet, as my car might still be in the shop ???? and even if I am done with it... I may not be able to get out that evening... I will certainly try though?!!!

have we decided on WHERE to meet yet????

Firme
02-04-2004, 10:59 PM
So is Bear Creek Ok? I guess this is not only going to be a group photo, but an actual photo shoot?

As luck would have it, my new camera comes in on Friday... and its a "Barry" type camera for those of you that know what I'm talking about.(less $$, less bells&whisltes, same quality pics, oh and no I didn't get the 2k$ lens, but one that will do the job)

Lets just hope I can at least take half as talented picturess as that guy. :thumbsup:

(barry pic)
http://www.svtmustangcobraclub.com/pages/members/firme/pics/Firme.jpg
(not as good as keiths, but it makes me :drool: )

msmap
02-04-2004, 11:01 PM
Daily Details for Spring, TX (77379) for Wed, Feb 4 Thu, Feb 5 Fri, Feb 6 Sat, Feb 7 Sun, Feb 8 Mon, Feb 9 Tue, Feb 10 Wed, Feb 11 Thu, Feb 12 Fri, Feb 13

Saturday Saturday Night Averages & Records

High:
52F

Mostly Sunny

Wind:
From the North at 8 mph

Precip: 20 %

Max. Humidity: 63 %

UV Index: 5 Moderate

Low:
34F

Partly Cloudy

Wind:
From the Northeast at 4 mph

Precip: 20 %

Max. Humidity: 80 %

Sunrise: 7:09 AM

Sunset: 6:04 PM

Firme
02-04-2004, 11:03 PM
If it rains, we will go to a plan "B" and take the pic indoors...

cobrapace94
02-04-2004, 11:40 PM
Sounds good, Bear creek, then Fajita Willies.

And when can the weather people predict the weather????:mad: They always say the weekend is going to be good weather.

97CasperCobra
02-05-2004, 12:16 AM
How close is Bear Creek to Fajita Willies??? Edmond, I may have Barry making me something so if you do meet up with him PM or call me, maybe you can pick it up for me.

I really don't want to do a photoshoot like FP did, too much time, let's snap a few pics..maybe we can get a few car's in the shot along with the people(too bad I only have 1 magnet/sign thingy) :thumbsup:

ZincYellowCobra
02-05-2004, 12:23 AM
It's not too much further down Hwy 6. About 7 miles North of the park. :thumbsup:

Click Here for Map from Bear Creek to Fajita Willie's (http://maps.yahoo.com/dd_result?ed=dawdm.V.wimo.kLiSpyED5kB00K.dH2dDAzfVv695r2uYIcyVfS6hMbTMGGchulAYDvekBn0&csz=77095&country=us&tcsz=Houston+TX+77084&tcountry=us&tname=Bear+Creek+Park&tdesc=%28281%29+496-2177)

Carl G
02-05-2004, 03:34 PM
Im in, but no car yet:( Post final time and place to meet.

John Chingasos
02-05-2004, 06:19 PM
Originally posted by Carl G
Im in, but no car yet:( Post final time and place to meet.

Hey Carl.....

When are you anticipating getting your car back?????

Carl G
02-05-2004, 07:07 PM
Originally posted by John Chingasos
Hey Carl.....

When are you anticipating getting your car back?????

All the parts are in just got to put it all back together and when Larry can get his cam swaped out. Looks like a couple of weeks. Can you believe August!!!!!We will be riding soon:thumbsup:

Firme
02-05-2004, 10:26 PM
Originally posted by Carl G
Post final time and place to meet.

Carl, we don't care what you're drivin up there ;) (just put some duct tape over the chebby emblem http://www.svtmustangcobraclub.com/imgs/smilies/biggrinjester.gif )

I would say Time and place = 3:30 ish at Baer Creek.

call my cell if you get lost/need to know exactly where to meet us..

Check this map out, and meet at the Rodeo arena (close to the patterson-hwy 6 intersection -bottom left portion of the map)
http://www.co.harris.tx.us/pct3/PBearCreek/Layout.pdf

97CasperCobra
02-06-2004, 01:31 AM
Originally posted by Firme
I would say Time and place = 3:30 ish at Baer Creek.

sounds good.....:thumbsup:

svt tam
02-06-2004, 08:56 AM
i may make it to dinner at 5 but can't make the photo shoot. :(

Bartman01
02-06-2004, 11:09 AM
If it rains, we will go to a plan "B" and take the pic indoors...

Where did you find a place to take the cars indoors? :D

I should be there.

93KingCobra
02-06-2004, 11:43 AM
So can someone clairify this thing we are going to do photo's at Bear Creek at what time? Then go to Fajita Willies? Then is anyone going to Sam's parking lot? I would like to see and meet everyone and there COBRA'S...

97CasperCobra
02-06-2004, 02:08 PM
Originally posted by 03KingCobra
So can someone clairify this thing we are going to do photo's at Bear Creek at what time? Then go to Fajita Willies? Then is anyone going to Sam's parking lot? I would like to see and meet everyone and there COBRA'S...

Here's the plan:
Bear Creek - 3:30pm
Fajita Willies - 5pm
Sam's parking lot - after Fajitas and Margaritas....:thumbsup:

Good to see another newbie coming out!!! :D

Firme
02-06-2004, 02:22 PM
Originally posted by Bartman01
Where did you find a place to take the cars indoors? :D

I should be there.

:rolleyes: duh, indoor parking garage like the Galleria..:D :rotf:

John Chingasos
02-06-2004, 02:51 PM
Where at bear creek park??? Off of clay or the entrance off of eldridge????? can we set up to meet somewhere before hand?:p

Firme
02-06-2004, 02:53 PM
Originally posted by John Chingasos
Where at bear creek park??? Off of clay or the entrance off of eldridge????? can we set up to meet somewhere before hand?:p

Check this map out, and meet at the Rodeo arena (close to the patterson-hwy 6 intersection -bottom left portion of the map)
http://www.co.harris.tx.us/pct3/PBearCreek/Layout.pdf

meeting place is fine... don't know where though..

JBoden
02-06-2004, 10:10 PM
Bear Creek Park at 3:30 - sounds like a plan.

Shine 'em up.

Andy M
02-06-2004, 10:14 PM
you guys have fun without me... my car is at David's shop getting delrin bushings on the IRS... so I don't think it will be ready in time...

97CasperCobra
02-07-2004, 12:47 PM
Originally posted by Andy M
you guys have fun without me... my car is at David's shop getting delrin bushings on the IRS... so I don't think it will be ready in time...

you should come out even w/o the RRrrrrrr. We want EVERYONE in the picture!! :thumbsup:

Andy M
02-08-2004, 02:11 PM
Sorry I missed the picture guys... We did not finish up with my car till almost 7 last night... and then I had a hot date with my wife afterwards... we went to eat at the French Quarter on 1960, then went to see "Along came Polly"... good movie!

See you guys soon....