PDA

View Full Version : New series

racercosmo
02-05-2004, 03:38 AM
There is a new series starting. Some of you guys are close to where they are running if you want to check it out.

Association:
American GT Road Racing Association
121 Middlebrook Farm Road
Wilton, CT 06897
Series:
American GT Road Racing Challenge

Schedule Dates are:

Open Practice Day at Carolina Motorsports Park March 11th

First Race: Will either be Easter Weekend April 10th and 11th or April 17th and 18th. Please, those of you planning to race let me know the most convenient weekend as soon as possible.

Second Race:

o Mosport Victoria Day Weekend May 21st, 22nd, & 23rd Schedule is forth coming. We will be the feature on Sunday May 23rd Race time will be 1:00PM. Mosport has asked that as many drivers as possible attend the open practice on Thursday May 20th.

Third Race:
o Pocono International Speedway, June 19th & 20th. Also on the 18th of June there is a track day. If enough drivers wanted extra practice time we could purchase a run group.

Fourth Race:
o Discussions continue for Lime Rock over July 4th weekend. (Please understand that the entire Cart/Trans-Am/etc. proceedings have left a difficult scheduling situation at some tracks.)

Fifth Race:
o August we are looking.

Sixth Race:
o September Possible Midwest date or Watkins Glen (unfortunately it would be around the time of the runoffs)

Seventh Race:
o October Possible Dominican Date.

mwilson7
02-05-2004, 11:10 AM
Where did you get this info?

justagt
02-05-2004, 03:40 PM
You have my attention. Any other details available yet?

wreckm
02-05-2004, 07:40 PM
Is it true that Griggs is pulling out of American Iron?? Will you all attend?

b_tone
02-06-2004, 09:51 AM
Speaking of people pulling out of AI, rumor has it that Hoover is not planning on running next year. Can you comment?

racercosmo
02-07-2004, 04:59 AM
I found that on the http://www.tainternetleague.com/ in the general discussion. There are actually two different series I think.

One (http://www.tainternetleague.com/community/index.php?act=ST&f=2&t=2754&)

two (http://www.tainternetleague.com/community/index.php?act=ST&f=2&t=2801&)

As far as Griggs pulling out of AI, I'm just a big dumb mechanic/fabricator, I don't have those answers. I know I am going to Fontana for the season opener with two customer cars, but only Bruce knows if he is going. Guy is not racing a full season this year because he is all out of money and energy.

wreckm
02-09-2004, 06:50 PM
Hey Tone, Cant really say if he is going to run this year. We have never fixed the cut fuel line yet from VIR yet. The way eveyone is passing the "smack" I wouldnt blame if he didn't run! Shugg is still being introduced as the 2002 winner and the man who should have won in 2003 because we cheated all year. It seems eveyone thinks we are still over H.P. but we dynoed more than any other car in AI east. No we are not running two boxes to switc to a smaller chip. If so Mark would not have had to help with our ignition problems at Summit. So in closing??????????????

b_tone
02-11-2004, 11:10 AM
Jay, I have to say that your post sounded like a bit of a whine to me. The way I see it since y'all think that Shugg is still the poster boy for AI is that not perfect motivation for Hoover to come back and win again finally putting to rest all those accusations of funny business?

that is if he can win....I hear that there are some serious cars coming out of the woodwork looking to be the top dog in AI.

wreckm
02-11-2004, 06:41 PM
I think he should put a set of fat tires on, pull the exhaust off, take the weight out, strip the car and kick some AIX butt. Looking at finishing orders and times we could have won aix by a larger margin than we did Ai. Just a thought though!

wreckm
02-11-2004, 06:47 PM
It is not about Shugg because we all know he will always be our sexy poster boy. It is about winning fair and square and some people still trying to discredit us all.

rshelbygt
02-11-2004, 09:43 PM
Originally posted by wreckm
It is about winning fair and square and some people still trying to discredit us all.

I think you will find that whenever someone is successful (especially in motorsports) people tend to start talking about cheating. I suspect it always has been -and most likely always will be -that way. If you know your car is "right"...who cares what anyone else thinks.

We are all into this racing thing for the fun...the adrenaline..the speed...the racecraft. But most importantly (especially at the AI level) we are in this for the camaraderie. Let's not lose focus of that in 2004. Deal?

johnbasf
02-11-2004, 10:40 PM
Originally posted by rshelbygt
I think you will find that whenever someone is successful (especially in motorsports) people tend to start talking about cheating. I suspect it always has been -and most likely always will be -that way. If you know your car is "right"...who cares what anyone else thinks.

We are all into this racing thing for the fun...the adrenaline..the speed...the racecraft. But most importantly (especially at the AI level) we are in this for the camaraderie. Let's not lose focus of that in 2004. Deal?

Not me, I'm out to kick a$$. :rotf:

wreckm
02-12-2004, 10:12 AM
Hey Jason, Are you going to run this year?If not John will be needing help to get his jackstands out of the trunk!

Dean95CobraR
02-12-2004, 12:37 PM
Originally posted by johnbasf
Not me, I'm out to kiss a$$. :rotf:

Yeah, we already knew that! :D;)

svt_coupe
02-12-2004, 02:45 PM
That Shugg guy is an overrated, no-drivin sum-bich.

Dude - people respect the Hoov. I appreciate the fact you love me more than Hoov and thank you for that Jay :D , but everyone knows Hoov won. No one can take that away from you - ever. Well... at least until next year. heh heh...

Don't sweat it dude. If a man is measured by his friends, than Hoov is king. You're a good man Jay - try not to let a little rain drown you out.

justagt
02-12-2004, 03:06 PM
For the record, I think Shugg sucks.

:D

johnbasf
02-12-2004, 04:17 PM
Originally posted by justagt
For the record, I think Shugg sucks.

:D

I second that!!!! :rotf:

rshelbygt
02-12-2004, 06:42 PM
Who is this Shugg guy anyway??????

wreckm
02-13-2004, 03:37 PM
He is the man who owns the worlds fastest MM sponsered lawnmower! I heard that VIR has him on the payroll for this year!

b_tone
02-13-2004, 03:39 PM
so are you guys going to come up to MidOhio in August to play? I have made several trips down to your neck of the woods and now it's only fair that you come up to play. I really hope that everyone comes up, I hear that there is a top secret AI car being developed to bring down Mr. Shugg and Mr. Hoover.....

SIUNARA
02-13-2004, 08:45 PM
Shugg is so sad, he's gonna get his arse spanked by me in my go-kart at CMP next month!! ;)

There are lots of potential cars that could beat Hoover and Shugg...but are there drivers that can beat them? That's the real question!! :)

racercosmo
02-14-2004, 01:32 AM
Sure, there's at least two drivers that can beat both Shugg and Hoover. There's the Unnofficial National AI Champion, Guy Cunningham and his teammate last year, Keith Videtto. I know that I'm probably the only one who calls Guy the Unnofficial National AI Champion, but he did beat the other two regional champions for 2003, and also beat the defending 2002 AI Champion. Unfortunately Guy has lost his sponsor for this year and Bruce can't afford to pick up the rest of the tab, so Guy will sit out this year with a few possible races. Keith has moved on to World Challenge so we will not see him much in AI.

SIUNARA
02-15-2004, 08:28 PM
In the interest of not starting World War III...I'll abstain from making any further comments on this subject. :grinangel

johnbasf
02-15-2004, 08:34 PM
Originally posted by SIUNARA
In the interest of not starting World War III...I'll abstain from making any further comments on this subject. :grinangel

Whatever you do don't post after playing pool. :eek: :rotf: Call me first.:thumbsup:

SIUNARA
02-15-2004, 08:52 PM
I played shuffleboard later on that night...I swear the table was 300 feet long. :D :rotf: :rotf:

No more controversial posts for me...I'm all about having fun this year...I'll leave the politics to everyone else. What Jay said is right, this is more about fun and camaraderie...and that's what it will be for me this year! :cool: