PDA

View Full Version : blowzilla mod

davelegguy
02-10-2004, 12:57 PM
Hi Folks,

I'm a newby on this board. I have a 03 convertable that I got last april and have been modifying for the last year (kenny brown extreme matrix, steeda shifter, bassani cat back) I have just added a full kenne bell blowzilla set up and we are going to dyno tune it tonight (15 lb pulley W pump gas) I am using his chip and spark booster does anybody have any tips or experience with this set-up ?

Thanks,

Davelegguy

Corner-Carver
02-10-2004, 02:07 PM
Yeah, get some sticky tires under it.:D

Your next mods will be to stop the hop.:(

davelegguy
02-11-2004, 11:57 AM
Well we ran the blowzilla on the dyno last night the car was warmed up from the drive over and sat for about 20 minutes while it was being strapped down and we bs'd. 516 rwhp 504 torque. the air/fuel was fat all the way to 6500 rpm. the torque went to 485 at 2500 and was flat lined and still climbing at 6500. all this with pump gas and 15 lbs of boost. on the street the acceleration is breathtaking. time for a roll cage and the biggest brembos I can fit inside the wheels

cobrabitn
02-11-2004, 09:16 PM
That is freaking awesome! Can't wait till..... ;)

coleman
02-12-2004, 10:45 PM
1. re-inforce your vacuum/boost lines so they don't come off.
2. you may need an oil catch can even with as little at 15#

venomous
02-12-2004, 11:21 PM
You got 516 rwhp 504 torque just by changing superchargers and those few other little mods!!!!! :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek: God Bless the Ford Motor Company!;)

Twice Bitten
02-25-2004, 10:18 PM
The problem with the oil blow-by should not be an issue with the Kenne Belle anymore. There was an assembly line problem that has been corrected. They were installing bolts that were to long on the snout, and they could not torque down enough to make it seal properly. It took a long time for them (KB) figure out. :thumbsup:

spittincobra01
02-26-2004, 11:16 PM
I would STRONGLY sugest aluminum IRS bushings!! Kenny Brown sells them and they will help you out significantly with that hop! You may also consider swapping out the stock IRS brace for a stronger one like Kenny Browns, or Pauls High Performance.

BTW: great numbers!

racinjason
02-27-2004, 07:06 PM
What did you do with your stock s/c?

racinjason
02-27-2004, 07:07 PM
Oh yeah... CONGRATS!
That is awesome!!!

cobracrazy
02-27-2004, 10:00 PM
I am drooling....

How much rubber do you need to get traction now!!!!!

davelegguy
03-01-2004, 11:09 AM
I have the (h)eaton blower sitting in the growing pile of stuff I have taken off the car. I was thinking about hooking it up to an electric motor and making a fan for my office. I have been a car geek all of my life and in the last few years i have bee fortunate enough to afford some of my dreams ( I went from a ford ranger pick-up to a bmw x-5 with the 4.4 and sport package) I was seriously looking to buy a used 911 cabrio when I stopped by my Ford dealer. I test drove the Cobra and was blown away for 10 k less I got a car that I can fit my kids in the back seat and kick a 911s ass. One thing that I don't like about where the high end marquees are going is with all this crap that has nothing to do with driving (electric ash trays... give me a break!!) I drove an early cayenne and they had two batteries to power all the gizmos. The only thing I wish ford put in my stang is heated seats because I drive top down whenever. I can. Oh yeah my tire situation is next on the list I don' think that I'll find a street tire that will hook up with 516 hp. just for kicks I put a can of octane booster in it but whats the point of making my tires go up in smoke I do have a 17 psi pulley that i'll need to run racing fuel to play with and I'll try that out at a track this summer. Ive put on five or six hundred miles with the blowzilla and it just takes a great car to a whole new level. one thing I like is the increase in torque. Off the line with the stock blower I would occasionally kill the engine if i didn't goose the gas a bit . now I have another 30 or so ft lbs. at the bottom