PDA

View Full Version : Headers

venomous
02-12-2004, 10:09 PM
I am considering putting a set of headers on my 94 cobra. I have heard really good things about the JBA equal length headers. Do any of ya'll have any suggestions for a set of headers? Any help would be appreciated. Thanks ahead.:thumbsup:

Calvin_1976
02-12-2004, 11:13 PM
I would stay away from equal length shorties. They burn plug wires and in general a pain to change plugs around. I like my MAC long tubes.

venomous
02-12-2004, 11:46 PM
But that would cost me even more seeing I would have to get an h-pipe to match the long tubes. What about the regular shorties? Are they any count?:doubt:

Aaron94
02-13-2004, 05:19 PM
I have the JBA shorty un-equal lengths. Pretty quality product, however i dont really have any direct experience with them, the car had them when i bought it. but i havent had any problems with header gaskets or anything? just thought i would throw that out there...

Firme
02-13-2004, 06:08 PM
PM cobrapace94, I believe he has the Ford Motorsports shorties, he had a reason why he went with them over the JBA's

cobrapace94
02-13-2004, 10:46 PM
WOW, life in the 5.0 tech forum.... :)

I went with the FRPP un equal length shorty headers. They are stainless steel and you don't need a new intermediate pipe. MM&FF did a header comparison last year or so and the difference between the equal & un equal length headers was less than 5 hp, not worth it for the pain of install, more of a chance of burnt plug wires & harder to change spark plugs. Long tubes gained app 10 hp over them both. The JBA's were near the bottom of the list, reason I did not go with them. If funds allow, get the ceramicl coating, I wish I would have. Don't get headers that have individual flanges, they warp and if you ever have to remove & install used individual flange type headers it is a big pain in the a$$.

venomous
02-14-2004, 12:17 AM
Alright, I appreciate the information. I could have gotten myself into a mess there. I would hate to burn some psark plug wires and the spark pulgs themselves are already a pain to change. Thanks a bunch!!!:thumbsup: :cool: