PDA

View Full Version : Car wash victory!

Mystic Cobra
02-16-2004, 12:53 PM
Yesterday (Sunday), I washed the Cobra for the second time. Fortunately it wasn't a car wash disaster (see previous thread) like the first one.

Based upon Firme's advice and advice from other sage members, I used Zaino. I ordered a starter kit from their web site and tried it out. I carefully followed the instructions, put on two coats and was amazed.

Even on a new car it made the paint "like buttah." The shine is fantastic. It went on and came off easy. I think the trick is - a little goes a long ways.

Anyway if you haven't tried Zaino I would highly recommend it, I used to be a Meguire's (sp?) kind of guy, from now on it's Zaino's for me.

I took some photo's and when I have time to figure out how I'll posted them. Thank's all for the great advice!

Firme
02-16-2004, 03:52 PM
Sweeeet Jeff :thumbsup:

now submit membership pics for the website ;)

nckissfan
02-16-2004, 04:10 PM
yeah, I second that, let's see the sweet mystic!! That is easier than posting on here. I finally have my car posted on there.

I just noticed under my user name it says free poster. What does that mean? I see there are SCMC member under some, and other things for others.

Big Daddy
02-16-2004, 04:48 PM
Originally posted by nckissfan
I just noticed under my user name it says free poster. What does that mean? I see there are SCMC member under some, and other things for others.

Well when you've posted enough (I don't know how many posts) then you can change what it says under your name. SEE mine says BADD ASP just like my licence plate does! :D :thumbsup:

nckissfan
02-16-2004, 05:48 PM
Originally posted by Big Daddy
Well when you've posted enough (I don't know how many posts) then you can change what it says under your name. SEE mine says BADD ASP just like my licence plate does! :D :thumbsup:

cool I did not know that, I like that license plate, too!

Mystic Cobra
02-16-2004, 06:40 PM
Originally posted by Firme
Sweeeet Jeff :thumbsup:

now submit membership pics for the website ;)

I have sent two photos to the Edmond for the membership cars section. :thumbsup:

venomous
02-16-2004, 07:32 PM
Sweet glad more people are putting pictures in the mmebrs section. Can't wait to see the mystic Jeff, I bet it looks awesome as they all do. Me myself I am still a meguiars man. It has worked so well for me that I am kinda scared to use anything else. I might ry the zaino someday.:rolleyes:

cowboyharry
02-16-2004, 11:00 PM
What is a ASP???????????????:(

Mystic Cobra
02-16-2004, 11:06 PM
Originally posted by cowboyharry
:rotf: :rotf: :rotf:

Until they post my photo you can go to the members cars section and click on Deb Manley's coupe....... mine looks just like it! :D

Firme
02-17-2004, 01:08 AM
Originally posted by Mystic Cobra
I have sent two photos to the Edmond for the membership cars section. :thumbsup:

That is one http://www.svtmustangcobraclub.com/imgs/smilies/pimp.gif ass car...
http://www.svtcobraclub.com/members/jgoepfert/index.htm

Big Daddy
02-17-2004, 09:15 AM

AN Asp is another name for poisonous snakes like Cobra's! :D The story of Cleopatra has her killing herself by letting Asp's bite her!

Mystic Cobra
02-17-2004, 10:55 AM
AN Asp is another name for poisonous snakes like Cobra's! :D The story of Cleopatra has her killing herself by letting Asp's bite her!

Jeez and to think that all this time I've thought that when I read in my high school's history book that some Asp killed Cleopatra... I thought it was a typo. :D

Big Daddy
02-17-2004, 11:29 AM
Here's a little more ASP info:

Asp, common name for a venomous snake of the cobra family. Also called the Egyptian cobra, it is found throughout Africa. The asp was worshipped in ancient Egypt and was used as the symbol on the crown of the pharaohs. The Egyptian queen Cleopatra is believed to have killed herself with an asp. Other venomous snakes also known as asps include the European asp, or asp viper, and the horned sand viper. See Cobra; Viper. Scientific classification: The asp belongs to the family Elapidae and is classified as Naja haje. The European asp, classified as Vipera aspis, and the horned sand viper, classified as Cerastes cornuta, belong to the family Viperidae.

So Vipers are ASPs also just a different type of Cobra! :D :thumbsup:

AND if you're a techno weenie an ASP is an Application Service Provider but that just doesn't fit here! :D ;) ;) ;)

venomous
02-17-2004, 01:12 PM
Originally posted by Mystic Cobra
Jeez and to think that all this time I've thought that when I read in my high school's history book that some Asp killed Cleopatra... I thought it was a typo. :D :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf:

cowboyharry
02-17-2004, 09:45 PM
You dont play with snakes in church , do ya ? :eek:

Mystic Cobra
02-18-2004, 10:53 AM
You dont play with snakes in church , do ya ? :eek:

In an effort to improve my moral character I have chosen not to post an off color comment regarding this quote.... but that sure doesn't stop me from thinking them!!!:D

cowboyharry
02-18-2004, 10:22 PM
I gotta stop asking those real hard questions.:p