PDA

View Full Version : buying 2001

mtb01
02-18-2004, 10:59 PM
Buying Black 2001 cobra coupe. Has been a dream for a long time. #3470 Paying 17,500 for the car. Has never been wrecked and in meant condition. So says the owner. It has 27350 miles. I have to fly to Milwaukee Wisconsin this Sat. Wondering if anyone could tell me if that sounds like a good deal.

spittincobra01
02-19-2004, 07:51 AM
17.5k for an 01 is a steal! especailly considering I paid 29.9 for mine less than 3 years ago!

Firme
02-19-2004, 07:57 AM
that is a good deal :thumbsup:

if you already haven't, you might wanna run a carfax on it...
not gonna be 100% informative, but still a decent vehicle history.

cobrabitn
02-19-2004, 08:20 AM
If that doesn't work out then I have a one owner 99 Rio Red Cobra I have for sale. You won't need to run a car fax on this one and it has 24K on it. I'll sell it to you for less then the 01 you are buying. ;)

mtb01
02-19-2004, 02:25 PM
Thanks for the replies. I'll let you know when I get it. Spittin cobra is that a stock hood on your car? Is it lowered? Car looks amazing.

spittincobra01
02-19-2004, 04:08 PM
welcome to the club! You will get alot of enjoyment out of that car as long as you ease into getting on it, and learn it's capabilities. It is good out of the box, but once you start moding it you unleash alot of bottled up potential.

No, it's not the stock hood. It is the "stalker" hood from cervini's. great quality and fit! and Yes, it is lowered. I installed the Kenny Brown stage II suspension package. (signature series sport/handeling stage II) Springs, urathane bushings, strut tower brace, C/C plates, 4 point lower chasis brace, sub frame connectors, IRS bushings, power steering off set bushings, along with Bilstien shocks/struts. The improvement is undescribable! This thing corners like it's on rails... litterally! I have professional photos on track taking a sweeping 90 degree turn with maybe 1/2 inch of lean. I also have a pro 5.0 shifter, 3" MAC cat-back exhaust, and I have a WMS cold air intake going in shortly. I also have front brake cooling ducts, Tenzo racing seats w/ 5 point harness, wood grain dash pannels, and thats about it so far.

let me know if you have any questions, or want advice.

Matt