PDA

View Full Version : What a day!!!

johnbasf
02-19-2004, 08:49 PM
Some of yopu know that I've been out of work with a bad back. I decided to get out of the house today and go get a new funnel to gas up my car. I went to BSR then headed over to another race car supply house. I'm going down the road in the "Bolt" and this guy decides to pull out in front of me and Whammmm.:mad: :mad: I send him for a couple of spins and I turn to gesture him and he takes off.:mad: There was a guy sitting a the intersection that got his plate AND knew who the guy was.:thumbsup: I look in my mirror, I'm sitting in the middle of the road, and there is a Cop there within seconds of the crash.:surprise: He walks up to the truck and says he saw it all and I was in the clear. The guy driving the car did not own it but the vehicle's owner did have insurance. :thumbsup: The truck will need a new front bumper,grille and some misc. parts. Oh yea, I'm doing ok. My back doesn't feel too bad tonight but we'll see how it feels in the morning.

cobrapace94
02-19-2004, 09:58 PM
Daym, that bites a big one. Hope everything works out for you.

smashedheadcat
02-19-2004, 10:02 PM
Glad that you didn't get hurt. I know that sucks, but it definately could have been much worse....... like you could'a hurt yourself, no witnesses, no policeman right there..... ya know that kinda thing. Glad to hear that you're okay, that's what's important.

venomous
02-19-2004, 10:09 PM
Sorry to hear thatr but good to hear that you are ok. Things can be fixed or replaced, but people can't. Just be thankful it wasn't worse. Hope the judge throws the book at the dude for taking off.:mad:

johnbasf
02-19-2004, 10:53 PM
Thanks all. :thumbsup:

Calvin_1976
02-19-2004, 11:13 PM
Damn! Glad you didnt get hurt.

johnbasf
02-19-2004, 11:50 PM
My Lightning came out a lot better than that Honda Civic. The officer even said something about being "Built Ford Tough".:thumbsup:

Big Daddy
02-19-2004, 11:50 PM
John what a bummer! Glad to hear you're ok, I hope this won't interfere with your plans for the weekend!

Mystic Cobra
02-20-2004, 09:10 AM
Glad to hear your ok. For leaving the scene of an accident and wrecking an SVT vehicle there should be a VERY tough sentence. I don't think that flogging is too extreme. I was originally gonna suggest the death penalty but after giving it some thought decided that was a little too much (but it was a close debate in my opinion).

I hope it all works out for you. Make sure you get checked out thoroughly (neck, back, etc).

johnbasf
02-20-2004, 09:24 AM
Originally posted by Big Daddy
John what a bummer! Glad to hear you're ok, I hope this won't interfere with your plans for the weekend!

I'm still on go BD. :D

Black Horse
02-20-2004, 11:04 AM
Glad you are OK John! You were wearing your Hans device right?

I can recommend a great Chiropractor...I am now able to get back under the car, first time in about 6 weeks YAAAY!

flynfink
02-20-2004, 12:43 PM
Darn, Glad you are ok.

HHHHmmmm, all new paint right???

Feel better.

97whitevert
02-20-2004, 06:08 PM
damn john- hate to hear it... glad you're ok though! the truck-- ford tough!! you can ride with us, if you need to for next week- we'll figure out something!

STU
02-21-2004, 09:44 AM
Sorry about the truck John.....Glad you are OK though.