PDA

View Full Version : Monthly Cruises?

nckissfan
02-22-2004, 12:17 AM
Hey, I was just curious on whether y'all do these. Like get together at a Sonic drive up restaurant, or any good bbq joint, etc. I think it would be a neat thing to do around the area, eat good food, have good conversation, and just keep the club atmosphere going. Any thoughts?

Big Daddy
02-22-2004, 01:01 AM
Originally posted by nckissfan
Hey, I was just curious on whether y'all do these. Like get together at a Sonic drive up restaurant, or any good bbq joint, etc. I think it would be a neat thing to do around the area, eat good food, have good conversation, and just keep the club atmosphere going. Any thoughts?

Most Saturday nights a bunch of us gather up in Asheville on Patton Ave. Sometimes we get together for dinner then go cruising. :D

97whitevert
02-22-2004, 08:11 AM
starting next weekend- there is something going on EVERY MONTH (pretty much local for us) but i had just been thinking the same thing- we need to get a standing monthly hang out around here..:thumbsup: :thumbsup: :bounce:

97whitevert
02-22-2004, 08:31 AM
will you be able to come to the drag day??

nckissfan
02-22-2004, 10:36 AM
drag day being on a saturday, I will not be able to attend. I wanted to take my car down the strip. I was thinking it would be fun to get a good size group together, and go to a Sonic. We could have some good grub, and good conversation, and get to show off our beauties to the general public! Maybe we could rotate it around the area so as some people don't have to drive as far all the time. I could go for some good bbq right now. Mmmmm......Little Pigs in Newton is good.

97whitevert
02-22-2004, 11:58 AM
absolutely! now- pick a day!! (keep in mind the days that we already have events going on...) pick a place, and lets talk it up!! newton is good for me. there will also be local cruise in's once the weather turns! so we can hit them too! :thumbsup: :bounce:

nckissfan
02-22-2004, 12:12 PM
it doesn't matter to me, when. Usually Sundays work best for me, as I don't work that many Sundays. I am ready to get out, and cruise around. Let me know when you have something going on in your area. You are up near Hickory right?

97whitevert
02-22-2004, 12:17 PM
statesville-- right up 77. hell i am game any time! say the word today, next week, ALMOST any sunday...:thumbsup: :bounce:

NO 5 OH
02-22-2004, 02:54 PM
Originally posted by 97whitevert
statesville-- right up 77. hell i am game any time! say the word today, next week, ALMOST any sunday...:thumbsup: :bounce:

Word y0!!

I'm there... I live just outside of Hickory... well, inbetween Hildebran and Icard... well, where do I live again Lisa ;) ;)

I live just up the road at any rate. Sundays are best for me as well.

Shannon

nckissfan
02-22-2004, 10:46 PM
looks like the only ones interested are the ones going topless. Next Sunday I am working, but the following I am off. That is March 7. I love good bbq, if anyone knows of a good place that is open on Sundays. Next weekend is drag day, so maybe the following would be better. Maybe Tony could roll out the 04 Mystic?? I know that might draw some people out!!

cobrabitn
02-22-2004, 11:25 PM
You would probably have to twist my arm but I think I can roll it out... :rotf:

97whitevert
02-23-2004, 05:39 PM
the 7th is about teh only one I cannot make....:( :( :(

nckissfan
02-23-2004, 06:44 PM
well, I am going to try and get off Sunday the 14th so maybe I can run down to CMP and watch. What time do y'all start up? Hey, when you bought your car, did it have the stock rims on it? If so, what did you do with them? I
am looking for a replacement for one of mine.

97whitevert
02-23-2004, 06:59 PM
well, I am going to try and get off Sunday the 14th so maybe I can run down to CMP and watch. What time do y'all start up? Hey, when you bought your car, did it have the stock rims on it? If so, what did you do with them? I
am looking for a replacement for one of mine. we will be there bright and early by 8 for sure!! ( ok no cracks about those who know me or THINK they doo...)

We have the stock wheels, but they are NOT leaving the garage ( again- no cracks from those that have seen our garage, yard, etc....) sorry... however, I will ask the big guy to look for one for you- he does have a knack for 'finding' crap, i mean good stuff.....:rotf: :rotf: :rotf:

nckissfan
02-23-2004, 07:50 PM
so what you are saying is you can't seem to find the wheels in your garage?:o :D kidding!

nckissfan
02-23-2004, 07:59 PM
here is a list I found on the web, sorry for its length

EASTERN & CENTRAL NORTH CAROLINA

WEDNESDAYS
CiCis's Pizza 7:00pm
1226 W. Roosevelt Blvd, Hwy 74
Monroe, NC
3rd Wednesday of each month. Open to all.
Info: Jim Collura 704-289-6208 (eve) 704-289-6511x210 (days)

THURSDAYS Burger King 7:00pm - 10:00pm
Denver, NC
All welcome; discounted food.
Call: Pat Nixon 704-483-2668
1628 S. Main
High Point NC
Every Thursday night 6:30pm

National Home Furnishings
Hwy 311N
High Point, NC.
Sonic Drive-In 6:30pm
Morehead City, NC
4th Thursday of the Month
Crystal Coast Mopars

SATURDAYS
Burger King 6:00pm
College Road
Wilmington, NC
McCallisters Deli 7:00pm
South College Rd.
Wilmington, NC
Cruise with the Coastal Cruisers

Restaurants all over town by car types
Jersey Mikes, Western Blvd
Jacksonville, NC
Tobacco Road Cruisers, 7:30pm every Sat.
City Limits Grille
Catawba Village Shopping Center
Highway 70 (I40 x128 or x133)
Conover, NC
All Cool Rides Welcome
Perry 704-462-1852

Chargrill Restaurant 6:00pm - dark
4621 Atlantic Avenue
Raleigh, NC
1st Sat. of each month April through Oct.
All cool rides welcome
Sonic Drive-in 6:00pm
Berkley Blvd.
Goldsboro, NC
1st Sat. of each month May through Oct.
3 trophies given, Wayne County Cruisers.

Sonic Drive-in
Mt. Airy, NC
1st Saturday each month
Bulls Eye Pizza 4:00pm
Rolesville, NC
2nd Saturday each month

Miami Subs 7:00pm
Berkley Blvd
Goldsboro, NC
2nd Sat. of each month April though Nov.
Goldsboro OC&T Club
Miami Subs
2 blocks from Rts 401 and 70,
Across from Super K-Mart
Garner, NC
3rd Sat nite of each month

Bojangles 6:00pm
James City (New Bern Rt 70)
Colonial Capitol Rods and Classics
3rd Sat nite of each month
King's BBQ
Highway 70
Kinston, NC
Last Saturday of the Month
Eastern NC Mustang Club. Free Drinks.

WESTERN & CENTRAL NORTH CAROLINA
TUESDAYS

M&K Barbecue
Granite Quarry, NC.
704-636-5990

WEDNESDAYS
Burger King
E. Independence Blvd
Indian Trail, NC

Buffalos Cafe
2300 A Roosevelt Blvd Hwy 74
Monroe, NC.
Cruise the Blvd every 3rd Wed
Jim 704-289-6208, eves.

97whitevert
02-23-2004, 08:46 PM
so what you are saying is you can't seem to find the wheels in your garage?:o :D kidding! HA sounds like you have been talking to a few people;) ;) :rotf: :rotf: we have the stock wheels but cannot break up the set. C will keep his eyes open for ya!!:thumbsup:

97whitevert
02-23-2004, 08:50 PM
great job mike!!:thumbsup: :thumbsup:

nckissfan
02-23-2004, 10:03 PM
thanks for looking! I might have to resort to a new set of Cobra R's. I don't like having one wheel not matching totally.